MetroWest Golf Club

Caddies: No
GPS: Yes

Golf school / academy: Yes - "MetroWest Golf Learning Center"

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include bunkers water hazards elevation changes   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

"Complaints"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2019

For those people who complain about this lovely course, look at yourselves first, the amount of un-filled divots on the fairways and more especially a shocking amount of un-repaired pitch marks on the greens it’s no wonder the course gets in poor shape. I live on the course as well as play it and observe every day people just disrespecting it. Respect the etiquette of our wonderful game, treat the course well for you and for everyone.

mlbeckstead1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2019

Commented on 04/30/2019

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

golfjared's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2019

Commented on 04/24/2019

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Hampton Golf Management

"Worst Condition ever for MetroWest"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2019

This golf course has the potential to be something great, but consistently suffers from poor maintenance. A friend told me it has improved so I tried it again. Greens look like a Chinese checkers board. There is virtually no grass on the tee boxes. Fairways are decent.

Commented on 04/30/2019

Good morning,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We are saddened to learn of the challenges you encountered. We place a premium on our staff’s attentiveness and diligence when it comes to each one of our customers and their individual experiences, for which we are solely responsible. We are hard at work attending to your grievances, and hope to receive the opportunity to impress you in the future.

"Gem To Goat Pasture"

flstormz's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2019

MetroWest used to be one of the most beautifully cared for courses in town and the rates used to reflect it. The layout is fun and challenging with some doglegs, elevation changes, wide fairways and only a few water hazards. I hadn't played the course in many years and today I returned to find it looking like a goat pasture. Ignore the photos on GolfNow or on their website - those photos have to be from 12-15 years ago. For around $40 I didn't expect it to be what it once was, but I did not expect it to be this bad. The overall appearance gives the impression that there is bare minimum being done in the way of maintenance - basically they are just mowing. Fairways are full of weeds and very patchy; greens are spotty with burned out areas; bunkers aren't edged; many tee boxes are a total mess. All this being said, for $40 it is a fairly short drive from downtown Orlando and it is playable - just don't expect anything outside of that.

Commented on 04/11/2019

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent experience with us. We are saddened to learn of the challenges you encountered and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. We place a premium on our staff’s attentiveness and diligence when it comes to each one of our customers and their individual experiences, for which we are responsible. Please reach out to us at info@hampton.golf. We look forward to hearing from you.

"Metro West is down"

Sula5249's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2019

This golf course was normal excellent. But the April 6th it was like that it didn't have had a maintainance or watering for years. Don't spent money into Metro West. Fairways had many type of grass, Boxes all disaster broken tee in 1000 all over. Greens where terrible. Driving the course was like offroad driving. It´s sad to see how short time it take to ruin a golf course.

Commented on 04/08/2019

"Fun time for value"

Dbkck38's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2019

While the course was not in best condition it was fun to play for the value paid. Pace of play was good as well

Commented on 04/03/2019

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent experience at our facility. We appreciate your business and hope to receive the opportunity to impress you in the future.

Hampton Golf Management

"Save your money and play a better course -Very poor condition"

Mark1377718's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2019

The course is in the worst shape I have ever seen it. The fairways are in rough condition, the tee boxes are simply just dirt and very little grass and the greens are rolled dirt with a whisper of grass left. The pace of play was 5 hours, every hole was backed up and at check in you have to wait for a cart to empty before you can hot seat into it. The pro shop is gone.... now it is very convenient to pay for your round and get a hot dog at the same time. All the wash rooms - either inside or out are in bad need of attention and just dirty. Save yourself a trip and play a better course...this one should be closed.

Commented on 04/08/2019

slopezin's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/24/2019

Commented on 03/26/2019

"Enjoyable day of golf"

creinhart31's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/20/2019

Love the course design. Other than a very few rough spots in the fairways, the course is in nice condition. Pace of play was good. We played in just under 4 hours. Will return.

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We appreciate you pointing out the positive aspects of your experience and appreciate your feedback on how we may improve. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

dannycarroll's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/18/2019
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

"Bfgolfer"

keating70's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2019

What happened to this place? Used to be great spot, manicured, excellent condition.I honestly cannot give more than 2 stars to any aspect of course except employees. Tee boxes, fairways, greens, traps all need work. Wasn't even a good buy at $40...Golf course biz is tough

Hampton Golf Management

"Seeing Improvements, good value!"

D71uqPRUnyl6IGfNrPYl's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/16/2019
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

As a repeat customer I'm happy where they are at. It's nice to see the course coming back, it's not perfect but I really enjoy the greens. I think managament is trying to make ajustments and improvements. The proshop downstairs is different but I thought it was nice down there. Keep working hard Metro! I will be back

Really good Reuben sandwich!

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Receiving feedback like yours reinforces the investments we are proud to make in our phenomenal people and systems that we hope ensure the best possible experience for our guests. Thank you again, and we look forward to you visiting us again in the future!

Hampton Golf Management

"A Shell of its Former Self"

dsambursky's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/16/2019

Played here this past Saturday and was disappointed; even for $35. This is a formerly great facility that has fallen on hard times. The course layout is great; but conditions are just poor. The fairways have crab grass and the turf is marginal at best, there is no rough anywhere, and the greens are marginal at best. The conditions themselves can cost you 5 shots a round. Soggy spots, bad turf, and lies in the fairway aren't even a help. I wont be back until this course cleans up and has better consent conditions.

Good morning,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. Your comments and feedback are extremely important to us. We place a premium on our staff’s attentiveness and diligence when it comes to each one of our customers and their individual experiences, for which we are solely responsible. We are hard at work attending to your grievances, and hope to receive the opportunity to impress you in the future.

Hampton Golf Management

"What happened to this course?"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/15/2019

MetroWest used to be in pristine shape, and when paying $60 for a round of golf you expect a good experience. Played on a Saturday morning. Arrived and no range balls. Greens are bumpy, and some of the areas around the greens were in rough shape (dirt patches, clover). A high school tournament was scheduled ahead of us, and they were walking, and that added about an hour to the round because we were waiting 5-10 minutes before teeing off on every hole. No drinking water on the course, no sand in the carts to repair divots. I could have played a faster round on a course in better shape for less money. I won’t be back any time soon.

"Nothing Good"

rjlman's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/15/2019

There were no positive takeaways today. I have played this course many times over the years when I am in town. I couldn’t even find the pro shop, because there isn’t one. I’m not sure if they’re renovating or just letting it go...there were no indications either way. The current pro shop is the snack bar. The range balls were in pathetic condition, as was the range. The carts are in disrepair they’re so old and neglected. The course is ragged and in bad condition, not what I expect from a $60+ course. The bathrooms on the course are disgusting, falling apart and had no soap or towels. The card was printed in an office...it’s ridiculous. The ATM on site was out of order. Literally nothing about the management (or mismanagement) of this course was positive.

Go elsewhere and get what you pay for. I won’t be back to Metro West, someplace I’ve paid to play for 20+ years.

Commented on 03/18/2019

Mature magestic trees

Loved this course

Commented on 03/11/2019

Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this positive review. At Hampton Golf, we place a premium on customer satisfaction. Receiving positive feedback like yours reinforces the investments we are proud to make in our phenomenal people and systems that we hope ensure the best possible experience for our guests. Thank you again, and we look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

"disappointed"

gopher247's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2019

no handicap parking could no get a cart until tee time greens rough another course going down hill

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent experience with us. We are saddened to learn of the challenges you encountered. We are hard at work attending to your grievances, and hope to receive the opportunity to impress you in the future.

Hampton Golf Management

"Terrible experience all around."

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2019

Overbooked and super slow pace of play. Had to wait almost 20+ minutes after initial tee time to get a cart due to overbooking. Course was in fairly good condition but poorly managed. Witnessed multiple groups of 6 and even watched as people drove carts onto the greens. Way too many course in the area to waste time and money at this venue. Will not be back.

Hampton Golf Management

"Decent Price for what it is"

TLPINGGOLF's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/07/2019

The course condition could be better, overall not bad. Great Staff!

Commented on 03/11/2019

Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We appreciate you pointing out the positive aspects of your experience, and appreciate even more your feedback on how we may improve. Thank you for your business and hope to see you again soon!