Saranac Inn Golf & Country Club

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

"Hidden Adirondack Gem"

brobin99's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2018

I recently visited Saranac Lake Golf and Country Club from Canada with a group of seven friends. We stayed in the motel rooms on site and played three rounds here in total. It's beautiful and secluded. The course was in great shape, quite challenging off the back tees, but accessible to all golfers from the tees farther up. The facility consists of a dozen or so motel rooms across the parking lot from the clubhouse and the first tee. Rooms are dated, but they're clean and comfortable. The staff are absolutely wonderful. They're friendly and accommodating. Be prepared to drive into Saranac Lake (about 12 miles away) or Lake Placid (about 20 miles away) for suppers in the evening, and if you go when I did (in early June) don't forget to pack your bug spray. I enjoyed my visit would definitely come here again if I have the opportunity.

"Hidden Adirondack Gem"

brobin99's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2018

I recently visited Saranac Lake Golf and Country Club from Canada with a group of seven friends. We stayed in the motel rooms on site and played three rounds here in total. It's beautiful and secluded. The course was in great shape, quite challenging off the back tees, but accessible to all golfers from the tees farther up. The facility consists of a dozen or so motel rooms across the parking lot from the clubhouse and the first tee. Rooms are dated, but they're clean and confortable. The staff are absolutely wonderful. They're friendly and accomodating. Be prepared to drive into Saranac Lake (about 12 miles away) or Lake Placid (about 20 miles away) for suppers in the evening, and if you go when I did (in early June) don't forget to pack your bug spray. I enjoyed my visit would definitely come here again if I have the opportunity.

"Great Course As Always"

golfergirl2323's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/19/2017

I vacation in Lake Placid each year, and I always make sure Saranac Inn is on my schedule to play. Lake Placid has several nice courses, but the Saranac Inn is the best course in the area and a hidden gem. It takes about a half an hour from Lake Placid but it is well worth the drive. The course is always in great shape and the staff is so friendly and accommodating! Can't wait for this years trip.

"The most expensive DUMP I've played"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather

I don't normally review courses, because they're all pretty good. But this weekend, I traveled to the Saranac area for a golf trip with 8 guys. None of us are high end players, but we all golf. We went to Saranac Inn with high expectations, based on some internet searches, and videos on the course website. We played on a Saturday morning for $70 a piece. Right off the bat, we were disappointed. Old, hand-me-down carts that barely ran, a dump of a clubhouse, and a staff of jerks. However, it was the course that we were most disappointed in. Basically not maintained, never watered, and ghetto. Weeds growing out of sand traps that were not being kept up, entire fairways of brown, dead grass, and tee boxes that we basically dirt piles. My advice to you: go to Old Forge and play Thendara twice for the price of Saranac, at least until they price it right, or get new management that knows how to maintain a course.

Commented on 06/05/2018

I remember your group very well. Again, this is a very inaccurate review, but you already know that. When you walked in with your coolers we politely told you we do not allow them on the course because we have a cart girl with beers, soft drinks, snacks and sandwiches. You were all immediately upset with us which is fine but your review of the course is unfair. Our greens, tees and, fairways were in perfect shape then and they still are now.

Commented on 06/05/2018

Unfortunately, this comment is very inaccurate and it is hard for me to even put into words how to respond to this review. When you came in with your coolers, we politely informed you that they are not allowed on the course as we have a cart girl who serves beers, soft drinks, snacks, sandwiches etc. Immediately you were upset but I never thought it could lead to such an inaccurate review of the course. We did suffer minor fairway damage from the drought, but the tees and the greens were perfect and still are.

"Great course"

mercytup's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/04/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Wonderful mountain course, great fairways and challenging greens. Have always enjoyed playing Saranac Inn.

"Great course"

mercytup's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2014

Great mountain course. Older/higher handicaps should play from the white tees...A definite must play for anyone in the Adirondacks!