Linfield National Golf Club

Style: Links
Greens: Bent

Caddies: No

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Linfield National Golf Club is a public course that is one of the area's best values. Formerly known as Sycamore Ridge, the course changed ownership in addition to its name. Since those two major changes, the course boasts better conditions and a renovated clubhouse. The layout has a classic links design that incorporates traditional elements including water, trees, and a variety of elevation changes that range from subtle to dramatic. The up-and-down of the golf course is one of the most challenging elements of the layout. The course is tight with a few adjacent fairways but this configuration also allows for a bit of extra room for recovery shots. Some of the holes at Linfield National Golf Club are quite narrow but it is still possible to hit the green in regulation. Though the course is only 6,164 yards, the rolling terrain will make it seem much longer.

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive convenient to the city   Great for locals advanced golfers walkers   Challenges include bunkers narrow fairways elevation changes   Great for drinks watching the game dinner

"Thinkers course"

silviodeangelo56's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2019

Alot of non driver holes. Fun course great condition except for a few bunkers. Terrible pace of play teed off at 1150 didnt finish till 445. Waitied at almost every hole. Every par three was 135 and in.

"Cold Molasses on a Hot Summer Day"

CMoore2J's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2019
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

My wife and I arrived 1 hour prior to the Tee Time of 3pm. I'm starting to think it is a requirement to be an old grumpy man to work in the clubhouse of many golf courses because he glared at me for arriving one hour early, assuming I wanted to get out early, I had planned on getting some warm-up time in only to find that there is NO DRIVING RANGE despite what Golf Now states. Then he appeared to be annoyed that my wife was going to be riding along with me while I played. Making a point that it was going to cost more because she is riding along with - like I was going to take her back home or something.. just very, very rude.

So 1 hour of chipping and putting proved to be worth it - 26 putts for the round.. the practice green is nice.

The pace of play - holy moly!! there were FOUR GROUPS TO A HOLE through the back 9. The group in front of us was hitting 75 yards at a time.. all four of them... for their entire round. Each of them driving to each others ball and watching them hit - dropping multiple balls. No consideration for the three groups behind them waiting at the tee box.

ZERO marshalls driving around the course to improve the pace of play.. it was absolutely horrendous.

I will not be playing here again. Overall just a bad experience.

Commented on 06/14/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Linfield. We hope to see you again in the future.

jjmchale's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2019

Commented on 05/28/2019

Hello, jjmchale. Thank you for taking the time to review Linfield National Golf Club. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

"1st time here"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2019

decent tees good fairways very slow greens. when other courses are at 9 and 10 and then you play a 7 speed green, its hard to adjust

Commented on 05/09/2019

Hello, We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

"Great course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2019

It’s great course.

Challenging my self.

Recommend friends

Who love playing golf.

Commented on 04/18/2019

Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2019

Commented on 04/16/2019

Hello, Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

barnettg's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2019

Commented on 04/01/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

"Great course"

XGOLF's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2019

Had a wonderful time playing midday. The course was practically empty and so we could play as fast or as slow as we liked. Fast andulated greens in great condition and consistent throughout. Lovely course!

Commented on 06/13/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/21/2018

Very fair course. It was in good shape considering the weather and the greens were in excellent shape.

Played with my son and we had a great time.

Commented on 11/26/2018

We're glad you enjoyed your round with us this time of year! We hope you and your family had a happy Thanksgiving.

"Great outing"

derek17smith's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/12/2018
First time playing Used cart Cold weather

Played Linfield on a whim, very happy with the decision I made. Course is really fun, lot of different looks and challenges. You'll use every club in your bag and have to think about your approaches throughout. Good view of the powerplant as well. Plays a bit tight but not in a cheap way. Elevation changes everywhere. Had a blast out there.

Pace was phenomenal but it was also a Monday at noon so it's hard to really judge that. Price was perfect.

The track was in great condition considering the rainy summer & fall seasons we had. Compared to other courses I've played recently this one was in the best shape, I was really impressed.

Also wanted to say the staff was especially friendly and made an great impression on me. Can't wait to get back to this course, I had a great time and will refer anyone to it that will listen to me.

Commented on 11/15/2018

We're glad you decided to give #LinfieldNationalGolfClub a try! We hope to see you out here more before the holidays!

"Course needs work."

rwlhard's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/19/2018

Most fairways dead grass, tees need attention,, greens were nice. Should be charging lower price since course is not being maintained. No sand in sand traps.

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 09/26/2018:

We are sorry you did not enjoy your recent round with us. Be sure to book your next tee time here https://linfield-national-golf-club.play.teeitup.com/ for dynamically priced rates.

"course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2018

Staff very helpful (jim and pete) course was challenging

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 09/10/2018:

We're glad you enjoyed our course staff! Come play again soon.

"Needs work"

crossmaier's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

The lay out is nice but the conditions were not good. There was recently a lot of rain so I didn't expect things to be in great shape but the fairways were black and burnt out in many areas. I think they must have had some sort of fungus growing on them in the black spots. Several tee boxes were scraped and a few greens air-rated as well.

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 09/10/2018:

We do hope you take into consideration the amount of rain our area has gotten, and our course staff is working diligently to improve your golfing experience. We hope you give us another shot in the near future.

"soggy conditions"

sixeagles's avatar
Philly Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

My partner and I have played here before. It has a nice mix of holes that present a good challenge on mildly hilly terrain. It's not a big course from the back tees at 6365 yards but the yardage for the average player from white, gold and red tees is about right. The course is kind of pushed tight together with not a lot of space between holes. Straight works more than distance but there are a few long holes out there. Course was wet and damaged from heavy local rains but the greens were very good. It's not heavily tree lined but there are some trees that need to be trimmed or removed to open up a couple tight spaces.

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 09/10/2018:

Thank you for the great review and the wonderful photos! We hope you both join us again soon.

jfy881's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2018

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 08/01/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star rating! Be sure to book your next round with us soon.

"Driver is a thought on some holes"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2018

Always seems to rain on me there, but I really enjoy the layout and the challeng. If you miss your target, you’ll have to pay the price.

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 07/25/2018:

We are glad you had a great time despite the rain! We hope to see you out there on a clearer day soon.

"Great conditions and pace"

bobamoroso's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2018

We had two golfers that played a 3 hour round with very few holdups. The condition of the greens were excellent and we had a really enjoyable time. I’ve probably played this course 25 times in the past.

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 07/23/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review! We are glad you enjoyed the greens as well as the pace of play. We appreciate your continued loyalty to the course and hope to see you out there again soon!

"Great Value"

fjs5252's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2018

The course is a nice track and in great shape. Clubhouse was nice and clean with private club feel to it but everyone was very friendly.

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 06/26/2018:

Thank you for the 4 stars! We are glad you enjoyed the course conditions as well as our course staff. We hope to see you out there again soon!

"Pleasantly surprised"

jmk5217's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I thought I had played here before several years ago but that was not the case. Upon arriving, the pro shop was well stocked and the pro at the counter was courteous. We had one guy running late but he was allowed to catch us on hole 3. My takeaway was that they were very flexible on this day, as it was hot and not too busy. The carts were lined up and cleaned very well, which is an underrated detail that many public courses miss. We were paired with a single who bought into their membership program and knew the course, ultimately making it a very pleasant experience.

I liked the layout in general as each hole required some thought. I'm pretty sure I used every club in the bag, and you can't just pull the big stick on every tee. Some holes have more narrow fairways, others have doglegs that you can try to carry. The tee boxes were in good-great shape (scaling from poor-excellent), with a few that were slightly too dry when at the top of the course. There's some blind tee shots but if you hit it straight, have no fear. The fairways were tight on some holes, with some bailout areas. Again, some were very dry and hard as a rock. There wasn't much brown grass anywhere. The rough and fescue was a fair penalty IMO. Water on a few holes but mostly covered in algae. The greens were fast but not unreasonable and rolling quite true. In general, people appear to fix their ball marks +1, which is my standard when I play anywhere. My only dislike was pin positions, as they have stickers on the stick. I couldn't tell where the pin was and also felt some of the on course yardage figures were inaccurate.

The bar was full at the turn, so our turn-dogs meant a 5 minute wait. I booked this tee time as a hot deal on golf now so I saved a few bucks. Overall, I plan to return to Linfield National in the future.

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 06/21/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your experience of the course form check-in to the course layout. We look forward to your next round with us! For great rates online be sure to book your next tee time here https://linfield-national-golf-club.play.teeitup.com/

"Good folks and good golf"

Billplus's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2018

Over the past three years, I have found Bob, John, Pete and Robert in the Pro Shop to be very pleasant and accommodating. Each has a vast knowledge of golf to share. Besides being very friendly , they are service oriented. Additionally, the wonderful ladies in the restaurant/bar are outstanding. My weekly visits are a treat, knowing that I will e greeted pleasantly

Response from Linfield National Golf Club on 06/14/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star rating and review! We are glad you enjoy the quality of our course staff. We look forward to seeing you out on the course again soon!