The 1912 Club

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.

Previously known as Plymouth Country Club

Course Layout: No ratings so far

"Lots of dog legs - green roll wonderfully but fast"

Steve3709753's avatar
Philly Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/27/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

We got to play this country club thru PGN Plus on a warm November day. The greens were exceptional, fast, but ran true from putting green thru 18. They have more dog legs than most courses, but I liked it for variety even if my lack of course knowledge to hit the turn made me lose some shots. The par fives aren't long and within range if an above average distance player. The course has a lot of mature trees but they keep the underbrush under total control. Sand traps, which I visited more than usual, were also well raked, no water or mud spots, which meant I didn't' panic when I got into them. (I dislike poor lies, and soft sand is totally OK with me).
Staff was extremely helpful and polite. We didn't use the bar or restaurant but it looked like a good spot to hang.
Driving range is irons only, with no nets, so several holes are peppered with yellow balls, complicating my finding my fall time yellow balls I use.
The course is average length. Tee boxes and fairways all in good shape. Water was only on a few holes and you had to really foul up to get your ball wet.
Overall a good course that I was tempted to give a five star, but thought as a country club, it didn't quite reach those standards. I'd have wanted more distance, and honestly, some plantings to make the views something to remember. Oh, and put up some nets on the driving range, even if only 5 or 10 feet high to catch some of them. Because of the 3 dozen balls around the 18th green I never found my long approach shot on 18 from 220 that I perfectly executed a draw on and was anxious to see where it ended up. Ended my round on a down note with that.