Pickering Valley Golf Club

Dress code: No tank tops or cutoffs

"Horrible"

vn3aYZYeUEAU25HU2cBj's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2019

No grass in tee boxes some of the greens looked like someone drove a car on them and that’s being kind I’ve played many course from public to private this has to be the worst ever

"It’s just okay"

cwimer62's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2018

Nice layout. Not recommended for beginners. Very hilly. Tee times are 8 minutes apart and that can cause log jams. Only 1 water fountain on the course, so bring your own. $53 on the weekend — which is about right for the courses in this area. Aside from bushes that represent 150 yards, forget it - so bring a gps. Greens are on the slow side. Finding balls in the rough can be tough. Honestly, there are too many other quality courses within 20 minutes of this track.

"Prices"

Souveth3912820's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/22/2017

The prices was too high for the green condition. Green wasn't cut or rolled so it was like putting on a thick carpet. I've seen tee box in better condition than this green. The guy a the pro shop was a completely ignorant. I've booked the 11am tee time for $45fromt their website and he tell's me its suppose to be $51, but he'll give it to me for $45. So why was he thinking about over charging me? My 2nd time playing in this course and the green was bad as the last time I've played. NOT worth $45.....$25 at best. that'll be my last time there.

"for $ 51.00, not worth it."

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes

If you plan on spending $ 51.00 on a course spend it on a place you know or like. I am playing every course I can this summer 2 different per weekend. I called Thursday for a tee time letting them know I'm a solo player I was told just come out we'll put you with another or a group ok I'm fine with that. Checking in I got the aaahh I don't know we're really busy maybe you can get 9 in,,, I didn't drive an hour to play 9. ok,,problem solved but we had to check in at 16 to see what tee time we could get when we came around to 1, I was started of the back with a guy nice enough person,, he gave me the rundown on each hole which was nice. As we played on it seemed like the grass was growing in the fairways or are they always that long ? The greens were just untrue and allover the place when putting it may have been esier to putt if they where airated last week. Maybe its just this time of year when everything is still getting up and running as far as courses go, some of The bunkers had tire tracks from the grounds crew machine that rakes them. This is not a $ 50.00 course if you haven't played it take your money somewhere else where you know its worth the spend. The bacon and egg sandwich was good.

Commented on 10/23/2017

I had the same issue's this past Sunday, it was just the horrible. Poorly cared for green and a waste of time & money.

"Nice Course for All (except maybe Beginners)"

u210208510's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

My son and I have played this course about 4 times in 2014 and 3 times this season so far. It features all kinds of hazards, forced carries, and changes in elevations that make you bring your "A" game. There are some long uphill holes and long downhill holes. Many are wide open, others can be somewhat narrow. One dogleg par-5 has 2 forced carries over water. The greens are good, some fast, some slow depending on conditions. Plenty of scenic vistas of Chester County, PA everywhere.

If you choose the correct tee box, this course will properly challenge golfers of almost any ability. We played PV the day after a serious line of storms had dropped heavy rainfall in the area. Nevertheless, PV was in really decent shape. They said it was the only course letting people out in carts that day -so it was more crowded than usual.

My only suggestion is that management (PV is family owned) install online Tee times.

Quality of food & beverage: Average