Bellevue Municipal Golf Course

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.

Course Layout: No ratings so far

"Fun little course with terrible staff and pace of play"

icosta4658's avatar
Age:  Under 25

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2015
Previously played Played with a group Walked Played 18 holes Average weather

I live not too far from this course so I use the practice facilities on a regular basis and have played it a handful of times. They just finished a major renovation on the driving range, and it is a great facility with brand new hitting mats and quality practice balls (though I've heard these are reduced flight balls). My only gripe would be that there is a hill between the driving range structure and the yardage targets, making it difficult to see where your ball is landing anywhere from the 100-150 yard mark.

The golf course itself is a nice little course. Doesn't have a ton of distance (just 6048 yards at the tips), but the fairways are narrow and lined with tall pine trees, so accuracy off the tee is key to a good round. In my two most recent rounds (early May) I've found that the course is in good condition with fairways that are nicely maintained and greens that roll pretty true (though some of the back nine greens don't seem to have recovered from recent airation quite as quickly as the others). Aside from a few muddy patches in the rough, the course is relatively dry.

Half the time I've played here, pace of play was horrendous. It seems that the staff over pack this course and there is no effort to speed up the pace while out on the course. Waiting 10 min on each tee was not uncommon. I've now resorted to playing an early morning round to beat the rush, which I was able to get in under 4 hours.

My biggest gripe with the course has to be the staff. In all my experiences, the staff have been anywhere from unfriendly to just down right rude. I've always felt as if the staff is inconvenienced by us players and have never once felt welcome at this course. With the bad staff and poor pace of play, it makes me feel as though this course is not a very good value most days. If you can get a round early in the morning when there is little to no staff to deal with and the pace of play is excellent then, go for it. It's a fun course that should be enjoyed. Otherwise, I cannot recommend this course.

Quality of food & beverage: Average