Horseshoe Lake Golf Course

Type: Public

Carts: Yes - included in green fee

Practice bunker: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

"Not worth 1/2 the price they’re charging"

David1565205's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2019

I played this course early on a Saturday morning in slightly dewey conditions. I was the first person on the course so pace of play was not an issue and while the greens did putt true there was a dead patch or poorly kept area on at least 75% of them. The fairways were all in mediocre to poor condition and often you were hitting off of dirt or grass clumps. Many tee boxes were not well kept and barely had grass as well. The course layout is great however and there are some fun, narrow and challenging holes with some good tree lined views, which does provide some element of entertainment to the round. The course is not long and can easily be played from the blues to make it slightly more difficult, but I would not return to play here unless the price was under $25. You do get a cart included which is necessary for the back nine, but overpriced for the course condition. Staff in the pro shop was fantastic!

"Early morning bliss"

nikefreak's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2019

I played as a single ad was first one on the course so pace was set by me.I play quite briskly especially in a cart.The layout isn't the most demanding but it certainly has it's challenges if you can't place the ball where you need to off the tee.The length was good as I'm not a big hitter.Some may find it too short but i did not.The greens rolled good and received a well struck approach as they should.The conditions of some fairways are a little rough in spots but having the course virtually to myself two mornings in a row made.up for it.

I had a fun time and enjoyed the layout. Alex in the pro shop got me taken care of both mornings with a smile .I will definitely be back when I am in the area visiting family.

Thanks Horseshoe lake team.

"Terrible customer service"

Fa4ViWiBgxfTWYaVAQFo's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2019

Beautiful course, horrible customer service. Called in for tee time, they couldn’t help because they were busy,I said that was okay. Called back to get on waitlist— he said ok then was going to hang up without getting name and number, I asked politely if he would like my name and number- he said no, he was going to make a call to not help us? Said my phone reception was bad. Called again to try to find out why he wouldn’t help us, was it something I said, can I clear it up? Blamed me for bad phone reception, couldn’t hear me and told me he didn’t care about people coming to their course, started yelling at me and to spare him? I tried to let him know this is bad customer service, tried to talk this out with him. The employee did not want to help and kept talking over me then hung up. I am still so confused by this interaction. Makes me that someone would think this is okay.

Also, when we’ve been here previously, the cook touched our food with her bare hands.

"Always a fun course"

doinkgabbyjr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2019

The course is in really good shape right now pace of play was perfect! Highly recommend this course!

"Fun Round, Good conditions for early spring"

Bob9903408's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/22/2019

I haven't been to Horseshoe Lake in years. A friend hadn't been and wanted to try it. Course was pretty much empty and the weather was nice--the expected rain didn't start until we finished. Conditions were good for second day of Spring. It appears the staff has spent some time clearing things and getting some mowing done in the rough. Funky short layout. Cart required, but you really need it on the back nine. Evidently this is a popular disk golf course. We ran into one group and played through without incident. Worth another round, I'd go with a hot deal next time.

"Goat Ranch"

Bruce2873342's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/19/2019

This place is your typical public goat ranch. Nothing special but was reasonably priced with the hot deal on golfnow. It was nice that we were first off and played in 3.5 hours. Course played OK for wet winter conditions. I will go back.

"Missed it by that much"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/05/2019

Yes, it is winter ball. And yes, in regards to the fairways, you get what you get. But not taking care of the greens is inexcusable. I am not talking about cutting them, as with the rain and such that is impossible. But not blowing them off before play starts is just pure laziness. A backpack blower would make short work of this. Most of the greens had so much debris on them it looked like a grenade went off. And the amount of water on them; The ball was leaving a rooster tail ! There was no break to play because you had to hit it so hard just to get it to the hole why bother....

Hopefully this will be rectified in the future.

Nic6481490's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2019

"Lots snow and ice"

Andrew8584167's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2019

Course was dissmal having so much snow on it still and charging full rates. Over half the greens were unplayable due to snow

"Merri"

Mrieger's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/03/2018

Fun course in a beautiful setting. The course was well groomed especially for the start of December. Staff is friendly and helpful.

"Fall golfing - brrrrr"

culbrz46's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/22/2018

We had the first tee time so no one in front and we could establish our own pace. The greens had been plugged a few weeks ago, so they were very nice. Finished in 3 hours because the sun never came out and it was cold, pushed us right along.

"Nice day"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/06/2018
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

My wife and I enjoyed our round. It was a bit chilly until the sun arrived through the many trees. Course is in real good shape and a good challenge. Greens were slower than I'm use to especially due to moisture in the early morning. Overall we enjoyed our experience and will definitely be back soon.

"Great winter golf!"

jenniferkaty's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/18/2018
Previously played Used cart Cold weather

It pains me to write a good review for this course, lest you all start showing up and slowing me down. First, this is a non cart-path only course! (huge for me, as I play every weekend). I only gave it 3 stars, cause in the grand scheme of Wa. courses, that's what it is - and that's fine. If Salish or the Olympic is a 5, and Trophy Lake is a 4, then this is 3 at best. But its a fun and strategically challenging 3. (esp. the back). If you hit a ball o.b., it's usually lost in the woods, though you'll find five balls while looking. I guess you may call it a bit 'quirky', but that's what makes it fun. Comparables would be Lake Spanaway, without the muni feel and horrible pace-of-play, North Shore, without all the houses, and more interesting than Madrona, but with SERIOUSLY slower greens. The greens are now in good shape, just very slow (esp. #1). The fringes are almost rough-length, but the ball usually sits up well. I was annoyed, at first by disc golf on the front 9, then surprised to find that they are very quick to stop & let u go by. I almost always feel like there are no other golfers on the course, so come try it out, then go away!

"Quintessential NW Style Course"

Hawkeye124's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/01/2017

The Greens are still recovering a bit & #1 has a temporary green, but this sweet little course will challenge you - especially the back nine. A very good value with a friendly staff.

"Not worth golfing"

Bob253's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2017

This course has really gone down hill. The fairway grass is so tall you can't find your ball and it looks more like a hay field with all the dead grass clipping piles all over the tall grass in the fairways. The greens need some serious work and are in all seriousness the slowest greens I've ever played and are covered in dead patches. The first hole has a temporary green in place, but there isn't a green, it's just a hole with a flag in the middle of the fairway. The parking lot was mostly empty and the only people we saw on the course were playing frisbee golfing. It's a shame this course has gotten so bad. It might be worth golfing if they lowered the prime golfing rates to $25, but anything more than that it's not worth it.

"Below average course with premium course price."

BT101's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2017

This is a fun course to play, but the green fees have gotten rediculously over priced for how poorly the course is kept. The greens are extremely slow where it's not dead and it's extremely easy to lose your ball in the middle of the fairways where they haven't mowed yet. They often have temporary greens in place which are nothing more than a hole 50 yards short of the green in the middle of the fairway. Yes, they still charge nearly $60 prime rates when there is temporary greens in place or if it's the middle of winter and there is nobody on the course. Like I said at the beginning, it's a fun course and I will go back again someday when the value is there. Until then, my friends and I moved our weekly golf to Madrona Links where the course is in fabulous condition with some of the fastest greens in the area and the green fees are reasonably priced. Madrona Links doesn't have the nicest club house / restaurant / bar, but it's still 100 times better than Horseshoe Lake Golf Course.

"Staff is horrible"

jefcarney's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2014
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

First the greens are hardly ever mowed! so you have to put twice as hard as you normally would. Second-payed for a large bucket of balls and 1/4 of the balls had a slice in them. Then the owner turned on the sprinkler on me then drove away apparently he wanted me off the driving range. I will never give my money to this course again.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"this course is surprisingly challenging."

gary3305475's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 4/17/2013

The course is not very longer but surprisingly challeng ing. The most dog leg holes i've played on one course. The greens are nicely maintained. Overall, horseshoe was a great golfing experience.

"course condition"

nightdiceman1's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 4/03/2013

Great course just wished when i booked tee time that i would of know they plugged and sanded the greens.

"Great shape for this time of the year"

Bill1902's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 4/2/2013

The course was in good shape, with a few greens still a bit rough and/or sandy. Yet other greens were in great shape! Fairways were mowed and were similar to summer conditions. Didn't find any sold or wet spots.