Blue Spruce at Brighton Dale Links

Dress code: Shirt and shoes required
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Brighton Dale Links boasts 45 holes that stretch across beautiful rolling hills covered with natural wetlands and studded with mature forests of deciduous trees. There are two 18-hole golf courses available, Blue Spruce and White Birch, as well as Red Pine, which is a nine-hole par-36 course. Blue Spruce is the shorter of the two championship courses and it is slightly more player friendly but both offer a challenging round. There are several large lakes that come into play on Blue Spruce. One of the most memorable holes with water is the tricky par-5 15th, which wraps around a large hazard. In addition to the trees that frame the holes, there are also several bunkers strategically placed along the greens. Brighton Dale Links is definitely a course that will test your accuracy.

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for wildlife/ scenic views locals playing multiple courses   Challenges include bunkers water hazards narrow fairways   Great for drinks watching the game 19th hole scenic views

"Okay"

debramcnamara's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2019

Played early spring. Course was in very so so shape. Sand traps were full of weeds and water.

Looks like no spring time Maintenance has been done.

jozwiaksg's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2018
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Brighton Dale Links - Blue Spruce on 10/31/2018:

Hello, Thank you for leaving Brighton Dale Links a 5-star rating. We're glad to have met your overall expectations at the Pace of Play, Staff Friendliness, Course Layout, Course Conditions and Value for the Money. Book your next round with us soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2018

Response from Brighton Dale Links - Blue Spruce on 09/06/2018:

Hello, Thank you for leaving Brighton Dale Links - Blue Spruce a 4-star rating. We're glad to have met your overall expectations for staff friendliness, course layout and value for the money. Book your next tee time with us soon.

"Great Value, Follow the Rules"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2018

This is an excellent place to golf, especially if you can hit it straight off the tee. Watch out for holes with thick woods and consider a 3 wood if your driver isn't straight. One negative is an employee who was playing behind us (~45 y/o man) took upon himself to scold me and my partner like schoolchildren for driving the carts to close to tee boxes and greens. Admittedly we shouldn't have been that close, but as newer golfers, a gentle reminder would have been appreciated instead of threatening to have us kicked out. People like him give golf a bad reputation.

Response from Brighton Dale Links - Blue Spruce on 10/03/2018:

Hello, We would like to apologize for our employee behavior. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your business and for leaving us a 4-star rating.

"Fun time"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2018

I've played this course many times over the years. It is thoroughly enjoyable for a liesurly round, a good time with friends or to sharpen your game for a premium course.

Response from Brighton Dale Links - Blue Spruce on 07/23/2018:

Hello, We are happy to hear that you continue to come back time again. Thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you out on the golf course again!

"Who Is At Fault"

13jake's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Unfortunatlly we played as a 4 some. Unfdortuntilly the golf shop sent out 2 aomes, 3 somes and singlels behind us. All of which wanted to platy through. We let 2 groups do so. in doing so we were looking at a 5 1/2 to 6 hour round. Someone complained and a ranger came out and said we were holding groups up and the course was open ahead of us. Really? the course was wide ahead of us when we started. At the time the ranger approached us telling us we were holding up play we were on a 4 1/2 hour pace. I ask you, who was at fault. If you are going to run your course in this fashion, possibly you do not need our play!

Response from Brighton Dale Links - Blue Spruce on 07/11/2018:

Hello, Thank you for providing your feedback. We do apologize about for the pace of play. Please allow us to make it up to you in the near future.

"Blue Spruce Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2018

Adequate challenge for an average golfer. Greens were lower than I like but were true. Some work needs to be complete with the bunkers - difficult if not impossible go play a and shot. Overall good experience.

Response from Brighton Dale Links - Blue Spruce on 07/13/2018:

Hello, Thank you for providing your feedback. We would like to apologize for the conditions of our bunkers and will address this issue. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall time here. Please allow us to make it up to you in the near future.

"Great condition, great value."

James9653983's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2018

The course was is very good condition even after all the rain we’ve had. We played as a twosome in about two and a half hours on a holiday. Will definitely return.

Response from Brighton Dale Links - Blue on 07/09/2018:

Hi James, Thank you for your kind words and feedback. We appreciate you leaving us a 5-star rating and look forward to seeing you very soon!

"long track"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/02/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

need senior tees around 5700 yds. the current senior tees are 6200 yds that are too long. all par 3s are 200 plus, thats a driver for most seniors.

Lets get old folk friendly!!

Response from Petrifying Springs Golf Course on 07/23/2018:

Hello, Thank you for providing your feedback and we hear you! We are going to speak to our management team to see what can be done.

"Very enjoyable day!"

Irishterp's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/14/2018

This complex is a tremendous value. Definitely recommend paying a visit and playing this course. Dont miss out.

Response from Brighton Dale Links - Blue Spruce on 08/01/2018:

Hello, Thank you for leaving Brighton Dale Links - Blue Spruce a 4 -star rating. We really appreciate you recommending us to others and look forward to seeing you again out on the golf course.

"Great Course"

Azzolina's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2018

I play Brightondale at least 2-3 times a year and have never been disappointed

Response from Brighton Dale Links - Blue on 06/11/2018:

Hello, Thank you for leaving Brighton Dale Links a 5-star rating. We're glad that we continue to meet your overall expectations. We'll see you out on the golf course.

"Great value."

Bellrock's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2017

For a county course, both 18 hole courses are challenging, always in good shape and the pace of play is generally good. Finished in 4 hours as a threesome and let one twosome play through. For the money these are both a great value compared to many other options.

Commented on 09/21/2017

Thank you for your kind comments. Please come back and play again soon.

"Nice course gone downhill"

yesborg's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

I wrote a review praising this course earlier this year. I've played there twice since the flood and the fairways are now in terrible shape. I don't know if that has to do with the flooding, but I hope it improves next year or I will not be willing to pay regular price to golf here.

Also there was a group of 6 allowed to play in front of us. Their pace was surprisingly good but we still had to wait for them on several holes. I didn't think groups of 6 were allowed.

"Tough course"

yesborg's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2017

This is the third time I've played the Blue Spruce. The other two times I felt the course conditions were excellent, but this time I was quite disappointed. The fairways were very patchy. It is possible that this was the result of the flooding this summer.

I always enjoy seeing the wildlife on this course. During our round two pairs of cranes were honking at each other from different fairways.

Commented on 09/21/2017

Thank you for your comments. I apologize about the spotty fairways. Please come back and see us again soon.

"Very well kept course"

None's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2017

This course was in good condition. The staff works to keep this course in good shape. The course is well maintained.

"Breezy 74 degree day"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2017

Course and weather provided just the right amount of challenge. Greens were in good shape and multiple cuts off fairways were as expected.

Commented on 08/29/2017

Thanks glad you enjoyed the day.

"Tight"

None's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

Lots of trees. Pretty tight on some holes. Good challenge to accurate driving.

Commented on 08/29/2017

I agree good mix of challenge on the Red. Thanks for the comment.

"Nice Parkland Courses"

HOTSPOTTS's avatar
Illinois Advisor

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/18/2017

Had not ventured out to the Brighton Dale facilities in several years but it was a welcome return. Well run by the Kenosha County Parks the facility has 45 holes of golf to be enjoyed. It was like visiting an old friend....enjoyable parkland golf with some pine forests, water and tight tree lined driving holes to keep your attention. Brighton Dale experienced some flooding issues with all the rains this season but we found the Blue Spruce Course to be very playable and in decent shape. If does suffer from some sameness as many green sites seem to have a trap in front in play that's not maintained and all of the sand traps are dirt and hard pan. Fairways do have some minor brown out issues but grasses are of proper length. Greens were okay I'd call them decent with good speed but some greens have ball mark issues as well as a tad of bump/wandering to them....but still very enjoyable to play on. Tee boxes grasses are very sponge like and several are not level so you have to pay attention to where you tee your ball up. Very buggy so bring some spray.

Decent dated large clubhouse with awesome brats and New Glarus Spotted Cow....it's Wisconsin! Discovered they do have a locker room with showers in the lower level. Range mats only and good sized practice putting/chipping green. Both the 18 hole courses are worth a play and it's a shame the Red Pine nine holer is not part of one of the 18's....in my opinion the very best nine of the complex with some nice elevation changes/doglegs and challenge.

Brighton Dale is a very good value...if you look around on the net they have play all day specials, reduced rates, etc....and next time maybe I'll just have to play all 45. It's that pleasant. $25-$30 value....3.25 stars overall and could get closer to a 4 if they paid any attention at all to the sand traps.

Commented on 08/29/2017

Thanks for the comments come see us again soon.

"Course in great shape"

skelley528's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2017

For all the rain earlier in July, the course is in awesome condition. Tee boxes,,fairways and greens are in tip top shape. Loved playing the course.

"Cold and Wet For July"

thomasp6's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/31/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Best deal was $19 with fees $24 @6:45am on GOLFNOW. If there are no deals except paying between $30-50 bucks. The temperature was 60-65 degrees very chilly and misty. This summer has been the wettest ever and Kenosha has been hit hard. The course had water damage on the fairways but none on the greens. The greens were in good condition, a lot of ball marks. I don't understand why some golfers don't fix ball marks? I fixed at least 4 per hole. No one was in front or behind us. Played 18 with my buddy w/cart and took us less than 3hrs. Like playing this course blue(18), white(18), and red (9). I recommend this course to anyone that plays.

Commented on 08/29/2017

Thanks for fixing ball marks that is a great help. Come see us again soon.