Fazio Premier at Treetops Resort

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Rick Smith Golf Academy"

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Black/Blue 72 6485 yards N/A N/A
Blue/White 72 6026 yards N/A N/A
White/Gold 72 5617 yards N/A N/A
Gold/Red (W) 72 5060 yards N/A N/A

Formerly known as Fazio Premier at Treetops Sylvan Resort.

"Best of the Treetops Courses"

reedyt's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2019

I've played the Treetops courses a few times now and Premier is consistently my favorite. They are all great courses, but Premier is the best combination of all the great Treetops features. It has multiple huge drops from tee to green/fairway, the views are fantastic, and the course is in perfect shape. It is difficult, but not overly punishing like some people feel about the Masterpiece. If you're going to play one course at Treetops, I'd recommend Premier.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2019
First time playing Used cart Cold weather

"Good Course/Needs Maintenance/Rangers lie"

Ballcrusher62's avatar
Michigan Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2017

First I like playing Premier very challenging course and excellent layout (second the amount is not correct since we paid past part of package). I would say Management needs to review the sand traps and have relined/repaired. They have large stones in them which too me is unacceptable for course of this quality and with how much they do charge. Second we had an encounter with Ranger saying we were 25 minutes off pace (hole 9) and we were 4 holes behind the next group, in addition there were three groups waiting on number 8 the hole we had just previously played.. Some minor protest by us we continued and sped up our play (which wrecked our game for awhile). After review we looked at our approximate start tee time and 4 hour 35 minute of pace of play we were off pace maybe few minutes. If we used the Ranger's time we were perhaps maybe at most 5 minutes off pace. In regards to the 3 groups waiting on the 8th hole that was false as our second group said no one came up on them when they were teeing off (which would be required if groups stacked up). We also waited for our second group on 18 and no one came on the tee why they were on the green or as we added up scores. We also spoke to group that played the Signature around the same time and received the same information word for word. My recommendation is mark your start of the first ball you hit on your scorecard and when you see them getting after you about pace of play you can in whatever politeness you would like to use tell them to leave you alone. If I play this course again and receive the same treatment I will let the Ranger know to leave and stop bothering us (I may consider slowing down). I may not be very kind with my rebuttal the next time approached by Ranger at Treetops with off pace of play if not off pace.

"Classic course in great condition"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017

My golfing experience at the Fazio Premier course was outstanding. The condition of the course was excellent with a variety of different elevations and challenges to enjoy during the 18 holes. The course is fair, not tricky, and pays dividends for good shots. Like many Fazio courses, all of your attention is on the hole that you're playing with no distractions from other holes. The layout is beautiful with some really outstanding par 3's, in particular. I can't wait to play it again!

"Treetops Resort - Fazio Premier"

btweed1683's avatar
Chicago Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

The Good: Eye-appealing, elevation changing resort layout from Tom Fazio is arguably the most playable layout of the four 18-hole courses at Treetops. Superb conditioning, especially the slick greens that have less undulation compared to The Signature and Masterpiece. Excellent mixture of par 4's (including the awe inspiring opener), risk-reward Par 5's and very challenging downhill Par 3's. Good on-course amenities that include restroom areas and half-way houses. One of the best resort practice areas in the midwest includes a cool putting course. Strong service and good clubhouse with mini-restaurant. Great value for upstate Michigan resort golf at $100 with cart and range balls.

The Bad: No GPS is a bummer. Sand complexes are a little rocky in spots. Practice green is so undulating that it doesn't provide true perspective of greens.

The Verdict: Many consider The Premier to be their favorite at Treetops and is perhaps the best overall golfing experience at the resort. Great for the mid-handicapper.

Best Hole: The Par 4 9th requires a precise right to left tee ball to an uphill green enveloped by sand. Very challenging hole!

"Great Fall golf!"

Charles6162282's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/4/2013

Given that it was October 4 and raining, the course was in great shape. Good variety of holes and the views can't be beat. Don't miss A chance to play here.

"best course iv ever played"

turbojeffy's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/28/2013

took my wife out for a round and found a great deal on the one when we got there we were both wowed loved the experience i got to share with my wife want to come back and do one of the other four courses

"Premier Course - Treetops"

u000006682069's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/5/2013

my buddy wanted to play Treetops this weekend and I'm glad we did. We were able to leave before tee time by 15-20 minutes ... this keep us ahead of the twilighters... we had a 4:00 pm tee time scheduled. The course was in magnificent condition and the greens played fast. The only issue we had was there was no food at the turn.... they closed the grill at 5:00 pm, thought that was odd though it wasn't a full house. I did have the cart girl hooked me up with a bloddy mary full of vegi's, took care of the rumble in my stomach for the time being. We will be back again, though, maybe we'll pick up some food before we get there next time. Call ahead to be safe.

"One of Gaylord's best!"

sammy1122's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 6/12/2013

Simply a terrific course. Beautiful tree lined holes. Challenging layout. Greens in great shape and OH MY! some extremely challenging breaks!

If you make it to Gaylord, you MUST play Treetops.