Live Oak at Clubs of Lakeway, The

Practice hole: Yes

Dress code: Men: Shirt with collar or turtleneck. Shirt must be tucked in. Pants or shorts must have a zipper or buttons. Ladies: Shirt with collar OR sleeves OR both; pants or skirt, shorts, skorts of acceptable and appropriate golf length
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Blue (W) 72 6418 yards 77.7 137

"Worse course conditions I have ever played!"

Birdieman25's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/02/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

We were looking at having a tournament there and possibly joining. I work at a large company in Round Rock Tx with a huge golf community. I explained this to the membership person and he made us a tee time for 842 on Sunday of the 4th. I have never seen such poor conditions on a supposed private course in my life. Most of the fairways had no to little grass. We had to move our ball several feet one way or the other to try and fund grass. There were clumps of unkempt wild grasses and weeds thru out the fairways and even around the greens. Around several greens we thick patches of dead cut grass,all dried out obviously it had been just sitting there from a past mowing. Even the cart path were cracked and uneven. This was embarrassing. We could not believe they let this go so bad. We made it to 12. It got worse and we left and went to the car.

I would under no circumstances recommend this dog track. I would never consider membership or bringing my tourney here,even if it was free. The memberships answer to me when he emailed me to follow up and I shared all the above..." maybe you should look at our more high end club, The Hills." I was flabbergasted.

Course Layout: Poor

"Older style course but still worth playing."

GordonATX's avatar
Austin Advisor

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2012
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

This is the oldest course of the four in Lakeway; opened in 1965. And because it's open to the public, it gets more play than some of the others. Everything else aside I'd certainly choose other courses over this one. Still, it's a golf course ... so play it. And then decide if you want it in your rotation of courses. Nothing too crazy with this one -- just kind of a normal course for the most part.

Oh, and try not to hit one off to the right on the driving range because that house is definitely reachable.