Peninsula Golf & Racquet Club - Cypress/Marsh Course

Dress code: Proper attire is required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Accepted

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/14/2022

"Very Enjoyable"

sdgirt08's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2022

Fun track. Not overly long but challenging pins and some quirky visual lines off the tee that force you to move the ball a bit. Respectably tight fairways with a good amount of trouble keep you honest. The greens rolled pretty nice, maybe not in perfect condition in a couple spots but nothing that would effect play, not fast but not slow. Starters were friendly and kept thing spaced nicely to start the round. Played in a group of 4 with a group of 4 in front and behind and never had to wait to hit nor had the group behind waiting on us, so pace of play was about perfect. All in all, great place to catch a round when your wife agrees to let you go during the family vacation!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2022

"The People were the best part."

John5336230's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2022

I had a 8:20 tee time and arrival and checkin was pleasant.

The practice putting green was perfect. I was making everything. I warmed on the range but could not see where my ball was going because the range is looking directly into the sun. No golfer in the world likes hitting directly into the sun. Starter gathered me and the other single I was paired and we played the lakes and marsh. Tee boxes and fairways were perfect. The greens were nice but were not mowed the morning I played . If they were the mower was not set low enough. Greens were slower and very grainy on the course compared practice green. I made zero putts. I shot 92 and had 40 putts. I am a 4 handicap and have no problem shooting under 80 on most courses. I drove the ball great. I hit 12 of 14 fairways. The course did not play long. I had pitching wedge or sand wedge into all par 4s. The ball would not take the break because the of the grain. I hand a nice time but could have been 5 stars if greens were slightly better.

"Vacation Golf"

JimNDboy's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2022

Course was recommended to me by a friend who has played it many times over the years. Even though there had been heavy rain the morning before I played, it was still a great experience. Friendly staff, well kept course and great pace of play made for a memorable afternoon of golf. If you find yourself in Gulf Shores play Peninsula Golf and Racquet club. You won’t be disappointed.

"Superb!!"

rumbotim's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2022

This has now become my favorite in the gulf shores area. From the bag drop thru the finish, everything was first rate. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The course was in great condition and the pace of play was 4:10, just has desired. Worth the money.

"Greens are Great"

llambert24's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2022

The greens on the some of the best that I have played on at the marsh course.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2022

"Club Management"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2022

I had multiple issues with the starters hut on this day. They didn't have my tee time because they said, "the front desk didn't tell them." But they corrected their log and all was well. Later one of the starters sent off early, the twosome I was supposed to be paired with but didn't inform the other starters. Because they weren't aware of the change they didn't know to find me a group and so they sent me off as a single on a busy Sunday morning. When I made the turn a single had jumped in front of me. When I spoke to the starters about it they told me I was mistaken, that they were behind schedule and that is why a different person/group was now on the tee box. They didn't bother to check with the single and to confirm what they were telling me. I did. The single had stopped for lunch and was coming back into rotation. No problem, we hooked up and finished the round. I issue I have is the multiple failings of the starters hut (there were four or five personnel working the starters hut) and the total lack of management anywhere on the facility. The bar/restaurant had one person working, taking orders, making drinks, serving meals and bussing tables. Do you think you would have to wait to get a soda? I didn't see the drink cart until the fourteenth hole (2 1/2 hours into the round). I play 2-3 rounds a week in the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area and there are eight clubs within a 25 mile radius so to be paying resort prices for substandard service is foolish. I'm going to take my business elsewhere.

"In great condition"

CaptKirk67's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2022

Played Lakes and Cypress, been a while since we played Lakes. First three holes water comes into play and they are toughest holes on that 9 survive them and your off to a good round.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2022

"Family Golf Day"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2022

I played this as a threesome for my first time. We had different skill golfers and we all had a great time. Great fairways. Greens were beautiful but a little too slow. Pace of play was excellent. Can’t wait to play again.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/14/2022

"Played All Three"

QuantumGolfx's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/27/2022

I had the opportunity to play all three 9s at Peninsula and I am glad that I did. Each course has it's own unique feel and style while the conditions are consistent throughout the property.

The greens are the stars of the facility. Some of the best putting surfaces I have ever played on. There are lots of subtleties and undulations creating challenges while putting, but the greens are fair and can be read. These greens are remarkably smooth and fast. They are firm, but can also hold a well struck shot. The conditions on the rest of the course were good for the time of year. There is plenty of grass to hit off, there are definitely brown areas but that is to be expected in the winter.

The course layouts offer lots of options for the player. There are plenty of opportunities to hit driver off the tee, but trouble lurks in many areas in the form of forced carries, well placed bunkers, and several water hazards. The courses are not very long, but accuracy off the tee is necessary to score well.

I found the Cypress 9 to be the least interesting of the three courses, but it was still fun to play and greens were very good like the other two courses. Cypress has a lot of straight forward holes, but it is also the longest of the three courses. Swing away on most holes and you will be fine.

The Lakes 9, like it's name suggests has at least one watery area waiting for an errant shot on every hole. This 9 requires precision shot making off of the tee to score well. Back to back par 5s #6 and #7 offer great scoring opportunities. The seventh also has a view of the Mobile bay from the tee. It's a great hole that is reachable in two, but requires two great shots to get there. The 9th on Lakes is a tough long par 4 to an elevated and very long green. It's a great finishing hole!

I had the most fun on the Marsh course. This 9 has a lot of variety and plenty of decisions to make off the tee. Several of the fairways get quite narrow leading up to the greens. I loved the driveable 6th on Marsh. There are several different teeing areas that can create many different angles to the elevated green. The 9th at Marsh is a great risk reward par 5. If going for the green in 2 the shot must challenge the lake guarding the left side of the green. Another great finishing hole!

Peninsula is a facility that offers lots of great golf holes in an awesome setting. The staff is friendly and while the tee sheet was full, the pace of play was just fine without the ranger having to nag everyone on the course. Overall this is the best layout we played in the area during a weeklong trip. I would definitely return.

"Ranger Pressure"

billwoodsjr's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/19/2022

We had a 1040 tee and waiting on the other 2 players till 1038. Starter took out to Hole 1. There was no one in front of us. By H3 the two some behind us was on our case and we are fast. On H7 Ranger comes by.."did something happen what's wrong there are w holes open in front of you". I told him that we were playing at a 1H 45M pace. He was very rude. We finished in 3H 38M and all shot in the 80s. Why send 2somes out? The Ranger was way out of line.

"Have recommended"

StevenWeissmann's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/08/2022

The course is one of the best in the Gulf Shores area. It drains exceptionally well, so after rain, it is a top choice.

"Always fun to play!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/30/2021

Great course with great layout. Greens in great shape, super quick. Don’t miss an opportunity to stop at the clubhouse and eat a bowl of corn and crab chowder! Simply divine.

"Never pass the chance to play here"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2021

Beautiful course and super friendly staff. We play here every chance we get. One group slowed us down a bit today, but it takes nothing away from this gem.