West at Jacaranda Golf Club

4 72 5584 yards 67.6 118
4 (W) 72 5584 yards 72.7 126
5 72 5026 yards 64.8 113
5 (W) 72 5026 yards 69.5 117

Both the East Course and the West Course at Jacaranda Golf Club are four-star rated by Golf Digest. These challenging golf courses weave across a tropical landscape covered with blue lagoons, tranquil ponds, and swaying palm trees. The West Course is the shorter of the two courses but it is no less challenging. Strategy and skill, rather than length, are the determining factors on this layout. With water hazards to avoid, numerous tricky doglegs, and tight bunkering along the greensides and landing areas, this course is definitely a shot-maker's layout. The raised, sloped greens and undulating, tree-lined fairways will require some careful maneuvering. The outward nine is slightly more forgiving than the demanding inward nine, which features more boldly contoured green complexes. The challenging, yet versatile design of both golf courses has made Jacaranda one of southeast Florida's most popular golfing destinations.

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near the airport   Great for advanced golfers playing multiple courses locals   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch 19th hole specials

mickishirazi's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/22/2019

"Great course, poor clubhouse"

Tilly2007's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2019

Played Jacaranda for the 1st time during our tour around Florida. Impressed with the course layout and condition ( which are the main points) however, the pace of play was very slow with little action from the course marshall.

"excellent course"

James6028891's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/20/2019

First time playing this course. A little out of the way from Boca but worth the drive. The tee boxes were in good shape, the fairways were pristine, and the greens were good.

Thank goodness for the GPS in the carts to let you know the hazzard locations. A few holes where you are almost forced to lay up but the 2nd shots were easy after that.

I would definitely return.

"Needs a little work"

Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/18/2019

This is always a great place to play, especially as a “hot deal”. My only complaints are that the tee boxes are in bad shape and a few of the greens had bare spots. Very unusual for these courses.

"Great Layout"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/18/2019

Played the Jacaranda West course which is not long (6400 yards from Tee 2) but definitely required some good target golf to make sure you were not in the water or in traps. The greens were in excellent condition and putted very well (also they held well if you landed on the green). The pace of play was great until getting behind a 4 some on the back 9 which held up the entire groups behind them (would like to have seen a marshall). Other than this issue, great course and looking forward to playing again.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/14/2019

Commented on 03/18/2019

Thank you for the 5 star rating. We hope to see you again soon.

"First time on this course"

Offseasonexcursions's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/14/2019

The title means a lot. Shoot, I tell people not to rate a course unless they play It 3 times. I will say this course tests your ball control. There are bailouts sometimes but club selection is big. The grass on the West was better than the East. Greens were a bit better. There was a fun Beiritz green on the back. Like the East you have more openness on the back but it’s not all open. Water lurks. Chipping off the tight fairways is key. Not a lot of sand in the bunkers. The course flyover on the screens in the carts help but ya got work on knowing what’s where. If youtba little wild and you hit over a hill you might be surprised to see water. Don’t grab a bottle of water at the turn. It will set you back! I got a Golfnow price. I recommend it. The others paid too much. Professional staff inside. Nice setting overall and few memorable holes. A bit tight here and there.

Commented on 03/18/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to post such a thorough review. We're glad you enjoyed the club and look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Good course, but overrated for price"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/12/2019

Played the West course and had a discounted Hot Deal from GN. Without the discount (particularly for non-resident), I would say the course is overpriced. It is an older layout that is very flat, with a number of parallel fairways. Having read the reviews (and based on the cost), I would have expected the course to be in better shape. Several of the greens have bad areas (a disease?) and overall, did not think maintenance upkeep was great. That said, a number of maintenance guys out on the course, in some cases impacting play (i.e. standing on green checking something while trying to hit approach shots - didn't move).

Course also was tighter than expected.

"Great course"

Mark9067831's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/07/2019

Played this course twice this week. Absolutely loved the West course over the east course.

The fairways were in great shape and most of the greens. There were a few greens that were a little damaged.

A little pricey for the quality of the course. I still recommend the course but only through a “hot deal “.

Commented on 03/11/2019

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about Jacaranda. We are so glad you enjoyed the West Golf Course and hope to see you again soon!

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/06/2019

Commented on 03/08/2019

It's extremely disappointing to see a 1 star rating for our club. We work very hard to provide the best course conditions and service in the area. If you'd like to share more about your experience please email kasey@jacarandagolfclub.com.

"A nice suprise!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/05/2019

Had a great time playing the West course. Couldn't believe how great of shape the course was in. Such a good experience here!. I cannot wait to return and play the east course. The price was a little more than I'd pay to play regularly (at my skill level), but I really did feel it was worth it. Cart Girl was nice, and the food was pretty good at the turn around. The course layout was fun, and challenging while also forgiving.

Commented on 03/08/2019

What a great review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're so glad you chose to play Jacaranda and look forward to your round on the East!

rohrerc's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2019

Commented on 03/08/2019

Thank you for the 5 Stars! We hope to see you again soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/27/2019

Commented on 03/08/2019

Thank you for choosing Jacaranda and for leaving a rating for our club. We look forward to providing you with a 5 star experience soon.

Davidtenzel's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/25/2019

Players were stacked so closely the wait from hole to hole was terrible. The round took well over 4 hours. I don’t think it is reasonable for the cost of the course.

Commented on 02/27/2019

We're sorry you experienced slow play during your visit to Jacaranda. We work hard to keep the pace as close to 4 hours and 15 minutes as possible. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely hope to see you again.

"A nice day out"

gunnarskoglund's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/20/2019

Great pace, 18 holes in 3hrs 30mins is not bad at all. And that even including a few waits for somewhat unattetive groundsmen along the way. The course is a bit on the pricey side, but greens were the best played so far in Florida, fairways also in min condition. Ice boxes in carts would have been gret, missed that.

Commented on 02/27/2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your first visit to Jacaranda. We're glad you enjoyed the greens and fairways. We hope to see you soon!

"A Marvelous surprise"

WSELS's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/18/2019

Today my wife and I played Jacaranda West. Without question is is the best golf experience we have had in the Fort Lauderdale area....It is incredibly well maintained....tee boxes, fairways and greens are superb....and best of all the pace of play was such that there was no waiting to hit your next shot.....would we play it again? ABSOLUTELY!....Can't wait to play Jacaranda East....

Commented on 02/27/2019

Awesome! What a great review. We're so glad you enjoyed the West. We work hard to keep the courses in great condition and it's always nice to hear that from one of our guests. We hope the East treated you well!

"Good"

Gary9844924's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/15/2019

Best course I played this week of 5!! Mostly played in West Palm and Jupiter but this was the best ! Only thing I could say was alittle pricey over 100!

BUT who can complain !!

Commented on 02/18/2019

Thank YOU! We're so glad the course was in great condition for your visit and we hope to see you again soon.

None's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/14/2019

Commented on 02/18/2019

Thank you for the 5 star review. We hope to see you soon!

tedjiggetts's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/13/2019
First time playing Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

Well conditioned with nice greens. 1st green had a a few problem brown areas but that was the exception.

Unremarkable layout but good enough to have a fun day.

Staff was adequate but will not win any hospitality awards.

Played the east course the next day. Not nearly as well conditioned. I did not enjoy the east course.

Commented on 02/27/2019

We're glad you had a fun day on Jacaranda's West Golf Course. It's disappointing to hear you didn't find the staff exceptional so we'll have to work a little harder to bring home those awards. We're also sorry to hear you did not enjoy the East Course. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Jacaranda. We sincerely hope to see you again soon.

"Always on my list of must play courses"

Joseph3166320's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/09/2019

This is a great course. It's always been kept in great shape. Fast greens. And the staff who work here are super friendly.

Commented on 02/11/2019

We could not ask for a better review than that. Thank you for coming back to Jacaranda. We look forward to seeing you again soon.