Harbour Town Golf Links at Sea Pines Resort

• (843) 842-8484, (843) 363-8385
  • seapines.com
Write Review

Year built: 1969
Architect(s): Pete Dye (1969), Jack Nicklaus (1969), Alice Dye (1969), MacCurrach Golf
Type: Resort
Style: Links
Greens: Tif-Eagle Bermuda Grass
Fairways: Celebration Bermuda Grass

Caddies: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Heritage 71 7099 yards 75.6 148
Green (W) 71 5084 yards 69.8 126

The Harbor Town Golf Links is one of three 18-hole courses at the Sea Pines Resort. It is constantly ranked one of the best courses in the area and in the U.S. Pete Dye, with help from Jack Nicklaus, who designed the course and it is touted as one of his finest courses. The par-71 course covers 7,099 yards of flat terrain. Harbor Town's sloping greens are small and covered in Tif Eagle grass.

There are several challenging par 3s but the signature hole of the golf course is a tricky par 4. The infamous 18th hole is 458 yards that require a long tee shot towards the lighthouse. The breeze from the Calibogue Sound is definitely a factor in the difficulty of the hole.

Location is at a resort near local attractions   Great for a bucket list/top 100 pick advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards narrow fairways bunkers   Great for 19th hole scenic views drinks patio dining

"Wow."

agwade89's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2019

The course was in absolutely pristine shape. The RBC Heritage took place a week earlier, which I'm sure helped.

Our family also received a discount by purchasing a "3-Pack" for all of the three courses at Sea Pines, which definitely helped with the high price tag that accompanies Harbour Town.

Our forecaddie helped, but the other players in our group complained that he didn't work very hard compared to other forecaddies. Regardless, having a forecaddie certainly helps with the pace-of-play.

The course is incredibly difficult, but it's hard not to enjoy playing such a beautiful and well-kept course.

"Just a Joy"

JoZELx6c7QzExAjqSKx6's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2019

Only once before have I spent over $200 to play a golf course and that was Pebble Beach $500 10 years ago. Having watched the RBC Heritage on TV for many years I thought that $349 or $290 PM wasn't worth it but decided to bite the bullet and play. Good decision. TV does not do this place justice. Danny our fore caddie was excellent and really encouraged my wife. The course is immaculate and and the final 3 holes are well worth the wait but the rest of the course should not be underestimated. When you don't play that well but still fall in love with a course, you know it's special. Pete Dye Classic.

mcammill70's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/19/2019

"Simply the best on Hilton Head Island"

MikeBaileyGA's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/02/2018

The Harbour Town experience is top notch from the clubhouse to the first tee to the 18th hole with the famous red and white lighthouse in the background overlooking the sound. The course is known for its last couple of holes, but really the inland holes are just as interesting as they set up the fantastic finish. It has a great collection of par 3s, the par 5s are pretty good, too, and every par 4 is different. In other words, there's great variety. With greens on the smaller side, a good short game is a must, and you really do have to think your way around the golf course.

"Awesome Experience"

Cardinals1593's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2018

Playing at Harbour Town isn't just a round of golf but is an entire experience. Make sure you get there plenty early to walk around and take in the world class facilities (make sure to check out the locker room, coolest one I've been in).

You also can't beat the location, HHI and Sea Pines is one of the most special, beautiful, and peaceful settings you'll ever visit.

The course is beautiful, of course holes 17 and 18 are the most special but almost every hole is unique and memorable. Holes 13 and 14 are my other favorites. Best collection of Par 3's you can ever play. It is also the hardest course I've ever played because of the pinched holes with overhanging trees and the severeness of the bunkers, but it's all part of the experience. It's one of those courses that I'm more interested in taking in the scenery than worrying about my score, but getting a few pars and birdies is special there also.

Our caddy Zac was nice and knowledgeable and pleasant to be with. If given the option I'd pass on a caddy but I totally understand why they require them here, and it is a unique add-on to the experience. He was the best caddy we could have hoped for, keeping our round relaxed but moving us along at the same time.

This was my second time playing here. With the price point it's at, it's the kind of course I'd be willing to pay to play once every couple years. We paid $195 and I'm pretty sure that's the cheapest rate of the year. Please don't raise it much more because I'd love to play again in the future but not sure I'd pay much more.

"Not worth the price"

Pachymeninx's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/11/2018

First, a beautiful course. Staff was very friendly. The problem is the caddie is not there so much to help you, but to get you off the course as fast as possible. It’s an easy course to walk but the pace the caddie pushed was too fast. He drug us along at 1.5 hours on the front nine. Play slowed on the back as we ran into other groups in the last two holes. Or pace was so fast that we waited for 30 minutes at the 17th tee and still no one behind us caught up. There was a youth tourney played on the back that day but if we had not been pushed at a 3 hour pace we would never of had to wait. Very disappointed that for that level of course and how much we paid to play it, that we were pushed that fast. Really didn’t get to enjoy the course as we should have. We also played the other sea pines courses. All staff very nice and Atlantic dunes was great, heron pointe had just been aerated but still a really nice course. I would play those two again but will not play harbor town again and would advise anyone going to Hilton Head to avoid harbor town. Many other great courses on Hilton Head less expensive and can play at a normal relaxed 4 hour pace.

"Top 100"

ThomasGram's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

Pretty cool to play a course that is featured on the pga tour. Excellent design tight varied and hard! This is as challenging as it gets don’t let the lack of overall distance fool you. Lots of bunkers and trees. Top notch Dye design. Forecaddie was very good and fun. Knew the course well and excellent at reading outs which you will need. This course have almost 18 memorable holes not just hole 18 with the lighthouse

TomOg's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018

"Nice course - over rated"

tobeperry's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2018

The course was in great condition. The RBC heritage golf tournament was in two weeks. The setup for the tournament had a lot of stands around the greens, ruining what should have been nice views. Although caddies appear to be required, none were available (or wanted for the additional expense). A nice trek with only two possible water view holes. Narrow fairways and lots of sand. Nice course if money is no object.

rothy824's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2018

Staff was wonderful, course was world class. Pace was a little slow, but not unexpected. Neil, our forecaddy was awesome. Read every putt he was asked to, located almost every errant drive (and there were plenty) and was very personable.

We got to play 2 days before the course was shut down ahead of the RBC Heritage, so it was in immaculate condition - greens were firm but read true.

Paid a premium, but got what we paid for.

"Great Course - Memorable Day - High Cost"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2018

It’s always fun to play a tournament course....but at $290 a player, the cost is a bit steep. None the less, I wanted my son to have the experience. We were extremely lucky - weather looked a bit sketchy but it turned out to be 75 and sunny. As a result, we had the course to ourselves and played in 3.5 hours. Our forecaddie was great. Since we were not staying in a Sea Pines property, we paid full fare for the round. You can do better if you book a package but we only had one day. $175 - $200 a player would get the course more play. Conditions were great. Greens were fast and true. Having the course to ourselves made the round fantastic but if we had to experience the typical 5 hour resort corse round, my review would be a lot less favorable. Bottom line: Would I play again? Sure, but only if the rate was under $200.Any more than that and it’s not really worth it. By the way, it’s much better to walk here than ride in a cart - the course is flat and if you ride, it’s cart path only.

"Grand Experience"

Bigderek's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2018

Great time at Harbour Town, our forecaddie Andy from London was awesome....good company and a great help on the course with where to put the ball and in reading the exceptionally small, immaculate, fast and true greens. Trees come into play on every hole if you are not careful. A real golfing experience.

"The Real Deal"

Shaver21's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2018

We took a group of 16 to Harbour Town on our annual golf trip. The entire experience was first class! When we got there we had lunch in the clubhouse locker room overlooking the course. Food was really good. Practice facilities were great although I must admit first time I’ve ever seen a house within striking distance on a range.The course conditions were perfect 1 month before tournament. Also the stands were up which gave it a cool feel. It is a very tight course good layout with the last 6 holes being very memorable. Last two holes best on the course! My caddie Brock was very knowledgeable and helpful.

"Rushed"

lazyjohna3's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2018

I had a 1:30 tee time, I arrived at 12:50 so I would have time to warm up at the range, and putt on the putting green. I had hit about ten balls on the range when I heard someone calling my name. That’s when I was informed I’d be going off a lil early, and I asked when and the gentleman said “well actually now.” Which was around 1:15, I was informed my group was on the tee. Then I was notified we’d be playing the back first. I immediately left for the tee and the group had already left the tee and we’re in the 10th fairway, so I teed up and joined the group. I normally like to warm up, putt and make a bathroom run before I play, and I hate to be rushed in such a manner. The course was beautiful, Alex the fore caddie was great, and I’m not saying it ruined my round but, it was a little unnerving and thank God for the bathroom facilities on 13.

"It's Harbourtown"

Jolter1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Terrific course which ate me up due to extreme windy conditions. Course in excellent shape.

"Great time at Harbor Town"

tjherzog's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2018

My wife and I played Harbor Town while in the Savannah area. We looked at it as a once in a lifetime types opportunity. For the time of year, I thought the course was in great shape. The staff was very friendly all the way from the bag drop to after the round refreshments. The course is very difficult. It was made even more difficult by winds of 20-30 mph. The course demands precision with every shot. Each group goes out with a forecaddie, which is a big assist for finding balls, getting yardage’s, course tactics, etc. if you have the chance, it is worth playing at least once.

"Just Divine"

slew0302's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/06/2018

From the moment we got to the bag drop, where the attendant said “You must be the Shipps,” every aspect of the experience was wonderful. The course was pristine. I was surprised at the generous width of the fairways. But as our forecaddie pointed out, you often need to be on the correct side of the fairway to have a clear shot at the green.

It was well worth the cost. Don’t miss the Pete Dye exhibit in the clubhouse.

"Great greens"

rathke's avatar
Arizona Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/20/2018

The greens and fairways were in excellent shape. The greens were smooth and putted true. Awesome closing holes. Beware course is almost always cart path only and a forecaddie is required.

"One more checked off my bucket list"

don9290's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/02/2018

From the time you turn into the parking lot here it’s like a dream come true. The staff is first class. Donny, the caddiemaster, set our foursome up with Shea as a forecaddie and he did an outstanding job for everyone. The course played as tough as expected(shot a few strokes over my handicap). Coming down on 18 was wonderful. I even parred the 8th(#1 handicap).

Total cost with tax was $301. Worth every penny. If you’re in the area and can get a tee time, play it. You’ll always remember a great time.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2017