Lago Vista Golf Course

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for wildlife/ scenic views locals advanced golfers   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch amazing food

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2019

Layout of the course was good and the scenery was very good..Tees and greens were full of fungus especially the greens...

Putting was the worst greens were black and and looked as if mud caked the surface it’s also as if they set it on fire to burn off the fungus...

Very rough greens with sand and fungus ruined the game playing ...

Will likely never come back and I play often with travels between Chicago and Austin area...

consmi's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2019

Commented on 06/14/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Lago Vista Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

"If you are a serious golfer, do not play here"

None's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2019

If you’re trying to improve your game or even keep score seriously for that matter, go somewhere else. The cheaper green fees (relatively) are tempting to jump at but the greens and tee boxes and many parts of the fairways are abismal.

Disappointing experience - will not be back this year.

Commented on 06/12/2019

Hi rmattshaw. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Lago Vista Golf Course.

"Cow Pasture"

chuck2222495's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2019

Was told the greens were not in great shape. This was a major understatement. I was not told that the tee boxes and fairways were also very bad. Lots of work needs to be done. Early conditions? Maybe. But I can say if I had paid more than $25 I would've been very upset. Course layout not bad. It may have been good in the day but I can tell you that this was likely the worst conditions I've ever experienced on any golf course, period.

Commented on 06/12/2019

Hi chuck2222495. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Lago Vista Golf Course.

"Terrible Greens"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2019
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Have played this course many times and usually love it but unfortunately their greens are in very bad condition at this time. Hope they can get them under control this year.

Commented on 06/04/2019

Hi u000005445961. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Lago Vista Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

"Great Memorial Day Golf"

ayesijuan's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2019
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Greens and Fairways are still rough. Needs a lot of attention

Commented on 05/29/2019

Hello ayesijuan. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2019

Commented on 05/14/2019

Hello, u4075376. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

"Greens or Mine Field?"

emm122's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2019

Fun course with a challenging layout, made even harder by bumpy and uneven greens made it very frustrating. The views are amazing and even stunning, but the hour drive from downtown isn’t helped when compared to course condition. If it was in better shape, I might play more often. Instead I’ll play at the local goat track

Commented on 04/30/2019

Hello emm122. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

"Course review"

jordanmcclain's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2019
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

The course isn't in terrible condition, but it isn't good either. The greens are beat up and battered one section was even closed off. The pace of play was bad, but its expected for the weekend. This is a great you get what you pay for situation, but the views on the course are stunning above the lake and on the hills. It is a challenging course for sure, but it is fun for sure other than putting on the greens. Not really an issue, but the gentleman who helped me today wasn't friendly at all and said "he'd never play on the weekends and good luck getting through 18". I didn't understand the comment because there are a lot of courses to play in the area and I can go to a different one if you don't want business I guess. Kinda weird if you ask me

"Nice Day on the Course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2019
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

I really enjoy playing this course. They were busy on a Saturday morning but the course marshals are really good. Fairways in better shape. They still have a few rough greens but good experience.

Commented on 04/30/2019

Hiu000003497892. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Lago Vista Golf Course.

"Lago Vista Course conditions"

bbbsander's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2019

The course was in okay shape but all the greens were terrible, most of them did not have grass on 30 to 40% of the greens.

Commented on 04/30/2019

Hi bbbsander. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Lago Vista Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

"Awful greens"

tomkrapu's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2019

I would have never played this course if I knew the greens were that bad. Mostly packed dirt. Got an honorable mention for one of the better courses in Austin on a webpage. I don’t know what year that was.

"Great time!!"

consmi's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2019

We try and play a different course every time we go to Austin, so we chose Lago Vista--about an hour drive for us, but well worth it. Beautiful course, there were some spots that had no grass, but I feel confident that the course will overcome the winter weather. Greens were challenging, which we like.

Great time, will go back!!

Commented on 04/08/2019

Hi consmi. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing *[CourseName]*.

"Conditions NOT improving"

riczimmerman's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2019

Despite promises in responses to multiple bad reviews on this site, this course is not improving. "Greens" were a mess and mostly sand/dirt. Overall conditions continue to deteriorate. Was a nice track 3-4 years ago. Now they seem on the way to closing just like Highland. Sad.

Commented on 04/05/2019

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Lago Vista Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

"Poor greens"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2019

The greens were in bad shape. Again!! They were putting sand down in front of ad we were playing leaving the flags out. We had to put them in ourselves before we could play the holes. Holes 4 through 8.

Commented on 04/01/2019

lbarrick's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2019

Commented on 03/29/2019

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 2-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take two star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Lago Vista Golf Course.

uRCLR6773RC's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/13/2019

Commented on 03/15/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

"Unrealized potential"

u272198844's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/09/2019

Lago Vista residents should be appalled by the way their city allows this course to be handled. Poor management from city hall on down will continue to inhibit the unrealized potential of this course.

Commented on 03/15/2019

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Lago Vista Golf Course, we hope to see you again in the future.

roycroft's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/28/2019

Commented on 01/29/2019

Hello, we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for playing Lago Vista Golf Course!

"Working hard to get course in shape from flood"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/22/2019

The course is not in the best of shape but you could see they are working hard after the devastating flood. So yes you have washed out spots but give the grounds crew a break. Seen where carts were driven into mud, what's wrong with some lazy golfers. Some holes should be cart paths only to allow the course to heal.

Commented on 01/24/2019

Hello, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on making improvements. Thank you for playing Lago Vista Golf Course.