Washington National Golf Club

Practice bunker: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire and etiquette required. No denim is allowed at the facility. Collared shirts with sleeves required.

Husky 72 7304 yards 75.5 143

"One of my favorites"

jhaynsworth's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2019
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

I drive about an hour from the north side of Seattle to Auburn at least once a week to play this course because I truly believe it is one of the better experiences in the area. The course is challenging but fair - and it has championship-level length to it as well from the deeper tees. But it is generally in great shape regardless of season, and I've always found the staff to be friendly and engaging.

"One of my favorites"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2019
Previously played Walked Wet weather

Washington National is one of those course designed for all level players. We've played it for years and it's always a great challenge. Course conditions are super, especially good this last winter.

Highly recommended.

Commented on 03/12/2019

We couldn't agree more--the course is challenging and fun for players of all abilities! Thanks for the awesome review. We hope to see you out here again soon!

"Washington National"

jparker4's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/31/2019

Course was in very good condition for winter play.Drains very well. Greens in excellent condition as well.

Commented on 02/06/2019

Thank you for your review, jparker4. We're glad you enjoyed your round and hope you'll be back again soon!

"Afternoon Golf"

JesseWW's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/24/2018

I snuck out and played 9 holes on a weekday afternoon. It took about 2 hours as lots of other folks had same idea. Course is in good condition overall. Greens are still a bit sandy and slow. Bunkers are wet and firm. They have a small club house with about four beers on tap. Its a great winter value if you arrive on a nice day. The only draw back is that singles cannot make a tee time. We have to walk-on and take our chances.

Commented on 10/29/2018

Thanks for coming out, Jesse! We're glad you enjoyed your afternoon round.

"Washington National GC"

David1684852's avatar
Alberta Advisor

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2018
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

A gracious welcome from the pro shop staff. I think they were pleased to have more than a few die hard golfers out playing under gloomy, overcast skies and a steady light rain falling. The kind of day when top of the line rain gear pays huge dividends.

With todays wet weather and incredibly soft conditions, deciding which tee box to play off was an important decision. There were areas of standing water on many of the wide fairways so even well struck tee shots didn't run out. As a huge fan of great bunkering on any course I was blown away by both the waste bunkers and the brilliant white sand bunkers on this course. I only had to play once out of the waste bunkers when I snap hooked my approach shot into the generous green on Hole 18.

Weather and wet conditions aside, Washington National provided a great layout and a good test of golf. Would love to play again...but under ideal conditions.

Commented on 06/18/2018

Thanks so much for coming out, David! We're so glad you enjoyed your round despite the infamous Seattle rain you endured. We'd love to have you out here again soon!

"Not a good experence"

captainron01's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2017
Previously played Walked Hot weather

I'm a 12 index and I play in a tournament every weekend somewhere in Western Washington. We had a two day tournament the 26th and 27th of Aug 17, Washington National on Saturday and the Home Course on Sunday.

The greens at Washington National where in very good shape, but that's about the only good thing I can say about the course. 10 to 20% of every fairway are dead grass or bare dirt, 8 of my drives in the fairway ended up on dirt. On hole 17, my drive and lay up shot (both in the fairway ended up on dirt. I was in 3 sand traps and one of the was hard pan, the other two there where lots of rocks in them, I put a nick in my SW getting out of one of them hitting a rock that was under my ball that I could not see.

I was charged $95.00 for the round that included a cart, I like to walk and the still charged me for the cart.

After the round I went back into the pro shop to express my disappointment of the condition of the course and there response was "everybody is entitled to there option"

They took my contact information down and said that someone would get back to me to talk to me about my experience. It's been 5 days and I've not heard back from anyone.

"Married"

esalopes's avatar
Plays:  Twice a year

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather

We just got married here and it was beautiful. The staff made everything so easy and fun to work with. The course is magnificent, the prices to get married there were rock bottom prices but we got rock star treatments! We had funny traditions that everyone was great with and we got to work with the most amazing person ever, his name is ANDREW. This man will take an otherwise stressful day and make it into a magnificent beautiful event. Stating that it was great customer service is an understatement, he even went as far to give us his cellphone number! Now that is dedication. I knew a few other people who were getting married and heard of the horrors, we were so lucky to find this venue and to be able to work with all the staff and the GREAT Andrew. I am so appreciative of everything that was done and would recommend this place to anyone that is trowing a party, event or wedding! This place is amazing, the staff are all friendly and awesome and Andrew is THE MAN. Great job, great place.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

Commented on 07/12/2015

This is called golf advisor, not hey, we had a wedding here and it was great advisor.

"Early Morning Golf"

MitchJames's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2015
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Played again, this time at daybreak. It was cold and had rained recently. The course was in great shape considering the time of day and the amount of rain. Stay out of the bunkers, there are some pea size gravel mixed in with the sand. The greens rolled true and about 9. I really enjoy the final 4 holes. The staff is the very best at any course I've played.