The Ledges Golf Club

Pull-carts: No
Caddies: No
GPS: Yes

Practice bunker: Yes

Dress code: Collared shirts required and denim not permitted.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Formerly known as "Valderra Golf Club at The Ledges".

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for wildlife/ scenic views a weekend splurge advanced golfers   Challenges include elevation changes undulating greens bunkers   Great for patio dining

"Awesome experience; great course"

edmondragon's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/14/2019

This was my first time playing this course, but I will definitely return; it is a challenging, strategic play course; the scenery is a desert course with gorgeous red bluff views on the back nine; I believe players of all skill levels would enjoy this course, but it may cause some headaches for beginners; the staff was very friendly, and the course was in excellent condition; I would recommend this course to all golfers if they are in the area.

"Cold Morning / Frost Delay"

Donald5504413's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2019
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Course plays at a higher altitidue but worthwhile to play when in the area. Keep in mind though the transition from 2nd to the 3rd hole, it can be easily missed.

"Scenic Back 9"

gramcaster's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2019

Very mundane front 9 with non receptive greens but the views on the back 9 were well worth the price of admission. Very friendly and informative staff. Would play again

"Beautiful course"

Ckuck's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/26/2018

One of the must play courses in St George. Spectacular scenario, fun layout. Easy to go low here but if the wind is up easy to go high. Really hard to lose balls here. A great value for the cost and a fun round.

"Always a favorite !"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/24/2018

Wind came up this afternoon, making it a bit chilly. But always fun here with fast greens !

"Back up a monster group after 9"

maschar's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2018

Great Golf till Hole 10 ! Nowbody on Course ! After 9 they send a big Group making just the 9 Hols back in front us so we stoppt at 11 after waiting for 10 and11 55 minutes ! Bad managing !

"Great"

u685201722's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Attendants friendly and helpful. Played in the morning when it wasn't too hot. Course in good shape and fun.

Would return for a good deal.

"Well Maintained, caution Wind"

TomGriffith32's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018

Awesome course, my 3rd time playing it. I would recommend playing this course in the morning or evening before the wind starts. Front 9 has a links feel and gets really windy and difficult to play in the afternoon. Back 9 doesn’t get as windy, but has much higher consequences of missing fairways compared to the front. Greens read true and often don’t break as much as it looks. The carts have range finders built in which is extremely helpful in knowing where to aim your tee shot on some blind shot holes. All in all, awesome course, beautiful design and difficult yet fair.

philgold1000's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2018

Great desert golf course with beautiful views. Friendly staff.

ghogelin's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2018

"Fun Track"

James2347328's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2018

The first nine is pretty ordinary. (Relately flat and uninteresting). Then the back nine begins. Very scenic and interesting which makes for fun golf.

"Ledges"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2018

Front 9 very dry. Green throughout excellent and very quick. Back 9 makes it a great play . Very scenic as well as interesting, obviously they water it more. Over all good value.

Chris

"Course has great views"

dgnordstrom's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/11/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

The day played was raining to start, go figure. I play here whenever I'm in the area. The fairways were not quite filled in yet as were most courses in the area. It's been colder than usual which isn't conducive to growing. The course has a few very scenic holes on the back nine overlooking Snow Canyon.

"Did not play due to rain - no refund"

paulwsheffield's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/13/2018

We were unable to play this course due to the rain that had been falling all night and that morning. I called the golf course and cancelled the tee time since the fellow I talked to said the course was "very wet." I attempted to contact Golf Now, but was told the wait was over an hour both times I called and therefore received no refund. It was an incredibly frustrating experience and I will be very hesitant to use Golf Now again.

"st george"

golfeers's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2017

I'll get right to the point. The front nine was a bit on the average side, not much verity from hole to hole, and the tee boxes were for the most part crowned, not good. Now the the back nine. The scenery was absolutely beautiful. Lots of verity from hole to hole. The greens were very fast, but they had just had a tournament so I get that. For what we paid for the two of us and the fact that the front nine was so so not the best bang for your buck, but we did have fun.

"A Little Too Tricked Up..."

toothysaw2's avatar
Texas Advisor

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2017
First time playing Perfect weather

Let's just get it out there... I didn't really enjoy this course. It wasn't by any means bad, but it was not for me.

Off the tee, the course is fairly welcoming. Even the desert areas allow you to find your ball most of the time. But once you get around the greens... forget it. I think just about every green was a table top, with extreme undulation. It was almost impossible to approach with any sort of low shot. You have to come in high and soft. Not that it really mattered, because the greens wouldn't hold anything anyway.

I found the greens to be unfair and unenjoyable and felt they spoiled an otherwise lovely setting and decent course layout.

Personally, I would not choose to play here again.

"HOT!!"

dsimon2008's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2017

I played in the afternoon at 4:30. It was about 110 degrees. Played18 holes as a single in just over 2 hours. Staff seemed a little disappointed that I was playing and couldn't wait for me to finish. No off course amenities at the time I was there. I like the course alot and will play it again when I visit St. George in the future.

"Great course and course staff, terrible service at the grill"

bradreef's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2017

A group of 12 of us played 4 courses in St George in 3 days. The Ledges has the best greens of all of them and the course was in great shape. Tee boxes , bunkers , and green were in good condition. However, the grill was one of the worst experiences i have had. We arrived at 11:55 am on a Saturday and were the first people there. We placed orders within 10 minutes and had to wait up to 45 minutes for food to be brought out. Some burgers took 30 and the last were 45. The server with a blue shirt was extremely rude and didnt smile once. She messed up an order and when he walked over to tell her he was ok eating the wrong order she fully ignored him. Didnt reply and turned and walked away. The people that ordered water had to wait 20 minutes and it was just slow all around. The staff related to the golf side were awesome and the opposite of this. We likely would play the course again but never return to the grill.

"Beautiful place to play, greens are fast."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2017

This course is located in a gorgeous location. I give this course a 8 out of 10. The greens are very fast, I would say 8-9 on the stimpmeter. If they slowed the greens to a 5, it would make the round more enjoyable. I am not a fan of 'Masters' speed greens. Muni's in St George are more puttable.

"Challenging, scenic course"

sorenj's avatar
Idaho Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2017
Used cart Perfect weather

I’ll preface all of this by saying that I decided to play from the tips today, a first for me. At 7145, with a 74.2 rating (133 slope) from there, this was, on paper the most difficult round I have played. It turns out that when you go 220-240 off the tee (with a 3 wood) a 7145 yrd course can be a bit long. The reality is that I played many of the par 4’s “as par 5’s” because the greens were just a bit out of range for me, even when I put a couple of good strokes together.

That said, I really enjoyed The Ledges. The course was in fantastic condition and the only thing that really qualified as regrettable was that the toughest hole – a 600 yrd(!) par 5 –was under construction and was playing as a 150 yrd par 3. In talking to the staff, they said this was because the hole was playing too tough “I’d see guys coming in with par, bogey, double bogey, bogey, par, *ten* … over and over again and we knew we had to simplify the hole for playability.” Seems legit.

Almost every review I read about the course said the back nine was breathtaking (check, and double check). What I found interesting was the number of reviews that found the front pedestrian (some even said boring). This did not reconcile with my experience at all. While the front is certainly a different experience, it still plays to some great golf. A bit more open and “links’y” the front still demands some well-placed balls off the tee. With mounds and waste areas surrounding the fairways I think there is plenty of cost for errant shots. I’ll admit that some of this impression may have been derived from playing all the way back for the first time, but that only goes so far. To me this entire course is worth playing.

I liked that the course plays around within the edges of the red rock canyons without getting gimmicky. There is one hole that is absolutely “target golf” I hit 7i (175yds) then GW (114yds) to get on the deck of the downhill hole. However, any angst that might be generated from that is – in my opinion - quickly overcome by the beauty of the hole itself. Everything else on the course plays as good solid golf.

Pace of play was snappy to say the least on a Monday morning. I finished my round in 2:51 (I was in a cart today), and was played through by a guy hitting two balls (but taking zero pictures). I was second out, behind a single that started about 20 minutes before me, so I wouldn’t expect this pace regularly, but it’s good to know quick rounds are out there if you arrive at the right time.

The staff was simply exceptional. Friendly, engaging, and – to a one – legitimately interested in my trip, the courses I’ve been playing, etc. Even the grounds crew seemed to just be generally happy to be there. My wife had an issue with her cart on the first hole (I was walking ahead) and when I turned around Richard from the clubhouse was (literally) running down the fairway to help her out. I really enjoyed The Ledges and would go back again to play the course; however, more definitively, I WILL go back again because of the service.