Victoria Hills Golf Club

• 300 Spalding Way, Deland, Florida 32724, Volusia County
  • www.victoriahillsgolf.com

Year built: 2000
Architect(s): Ron Garl (2000), MacCurrach Golf (2000)
Type: Public
Greens: Bermuda Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.

Champion 72 7149 yards 74.2 141
Captain 72 6532 yards 71.4 135
Challenge 72 5967 yards 69.3 128
Classic (W) 72 5428 yards 70.5 123
Classic 72 5428 yards 66.6 120
Community 72 4902 yards 67.8 116

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers locals wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens elevation changes   Great for drinks brunch dinner

"Average"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/28/2020

Average course with a lot of potential. I’m sure with the seasons changing, this course would look nicer during the fall/winter months.

Commented on 12/03/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we will use your feedback and hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Victoria Hills Golf Club.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/27/2020

Commented on 11/30/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Victoria Hills Golf Club.

SUREAIM's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/23/2020

"Review Session"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/19/2020
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Charging extra for players to have separate carts when Covid-19 is spreading is offensive. It will definitely affect my course selection for the next round I play.

Commented on 11/30/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Victoria Hills Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for an even better 5 star round soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/19/2020

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/19/2020

Commented on 11/30/2020

We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Victoria Hills Golf Club.

"Just enough"

Sam6760992's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/17/2020

Seems like the management is only putting just enough effort to keep the course open. It’s playable but it ain’t pretty. I would play this course again for a hot deal price but not for top price. And there in lies the conundrum: this course obviously needs more funds to restore some old magic. I don’t think it would take a major, major effort to revitalize. Members may need to kick in more.

Commented on 11/30/2020

Hello, Sam. Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more with great conditions. We are working hard every day to improve the course. Thank you for playing Victoria Hills Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

"Enjoyable day"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/16/2020
First time playing Used cart Verified Purchaser

Lots of try aps, and lots of elevation changes for a Florida course! Not sure if it was due to all the rain over the summer, but some rough spots on the fairways and greens. It has the potential to be a special course, if the course conditions were better.

One negative - the high cost of a "convenience' fee for those who are trying to protect themselves from COVID - this course charges $15 for those who want to ride a separate cart - other courses in the area are charging between $5 and $10.

Commented on 11/19/2020

Hi, andyabra. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. We apologize for the safety concerns during your round. With many golfers looking to get out, we are working very hard to maintain social distancing while accommodating everyone who visits our course. We are doing everything we can to allow our guests the chance to complete their rounds safely and finish in a reasonable amount of time. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for playing Victoria Hills Golf Club.

"Not worth it"

jpino0304's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/14/2020

Pace of play was 5 hours and 15 minutes. Not s single ranger on the course. Had to watch group in front of us hit 2-3 tee shots each, all day, very frustrating. Course was in rouge condition. Lots of weeds and burnt patches. Greens were very slow a grabby. It’s really a shame because the layout is great and could be a great course if in better condition. Won’t be coming back.

Commented on 11/16/2020

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. We are working hard every day to improve the conditions of the tee boxes, fairways, and greens. Thank you for playing Victoria Hills Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/08/2020

Commented on 11/09/2020

Hi, Bobby. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Victoria Hills Golf Club.

"Once a great course"

mhnxDLTCR7Q9I8GxI7PE's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/06/2020

Fantastic layout and very cordial staff inside and outside. I have played this course since it first opened and it is sad to see how it has declined over the last few years. They seem to be trying to fix up some bad areas and that is appreciated! I hope this course becomes a premium course again and would not mind paying more to play it. The food is good too, need more lunch type sandwiches.

Commented on 11/30/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We understand your frustration with the improvement projects underway. Please bear with us as we work diligently to make the course better. We hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thanks for choosing Victoria Hills Golf Club.

"Visit Deland"

dstark0's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/03/2020

Very scenic course. Rolling hills much different than flat coast of Florida. Lots of sand traps. Very enjoyable course.

Commented on 11/06/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us. and leave 5 stars. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Victoria Hills Golf Club thanks you!

"Need to answer the telephone"

TedNoel's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/01/2020
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Victoria Hills has been one of my favorite courses. It has become a bit less than that. Apparently the recession has affected maintenance. The fairways had enough bare patches to be noticeable. Greens were slow but true.

THE BIG ITEM! I had a tee time issue that needed to be resolved by staff the day before I played. I called multiple times that day, and every time I got voicemail. Ultimately I drove to the course to handle it in person. The staff there seemed surprised that the call hadn't been answered. We solved the issue without difficulty.

I SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO LET MY FINGERS DO THE DRIVING. They need to be certain that calls get answered.

Commented on 11/06/2020

"Nice but not as nice as it once was"

Mike4084324's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/01/2020

It’s a nice course but not as nice when it was originally opened. Everything needs a little work to get it back to prime. Course layout is great and not a typical flat Florida course. I hope the new ownership does that and it will be back to a top ranked course for the area.

Commented on 11/06/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Victoria Hills Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

flncgolfer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/29/2020

"Disappointed"

mjdenton's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/25/2020

We paid 55 with tax and for that price I would expect the course to be decent shape, which it wasn't,. First impression of how the course would be is the driving range tee, it was half sprayed out for weeds half wasn't, we didnt even hit balls it was so bad. Greens were bumpy and some of them are in pretty bad shape. I get the process of getting the course back in shape as I was a past golf course superintendent and it takes money to do so and that needs to come from the owners pocket and not just depend on players paying greens fees, But to charge that kind of money for those kinds of course conditions is absurd. We love the layout of the course that why we went, unfortunately we will not be back untill it improves dramatically. To top it off not even a beverage cart out. One positive thing, best breakfast sandwich ever.

Commented on 11/06/2020

Hi, mjdenton. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We understand your frustration with the construction projects underway. Please bear with us as we work diligently to make improvements. We hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thanks for choosing Victoria Hills Golf Club.

1markclark's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/25/2020
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Commented on 10/27/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Victoria Hills Golf Club.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/24/2020
First time playing Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

MrCRS's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/22/2020

"Nice"

MrCRS's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/22/2020

Nice course and friendly staff! One of my local favorites

Commented on 10/27/2020

Hi MrCRS. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Victoria Hills Golf Club.