Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas

Practice hole: Yes

Dress code: No Denim, Collared Shirt And Bermuda Shorts Required
Credit cards accepted: Visa, MC, AMEX

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers water hazards forced carries   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views dinner

"Rolling hills next to the lake"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2019

Fantastic rolling hilly layout next to Lake Manassas with memorable holes. The course was in great condition. It’s a challenge but a fun one.

"Great course.. customer service is average"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2019

Tuesday was a quiet day at the course. Felt like we had the entire course to ourselves. Nice to have a beverage cart and Alyessa was great. Very friendly and let us know she was finishing up after the last time we saw her. As for the rest of staff interestion it was very average. Never played the course so didnt get much direction or information on the course. Price was a good deal online. Overall great layout. Long layout with beautiful views. The greens were very fast but great conditions.

Commented on 07/12/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Stonewall GC!

"Stonewall's Beauty"

Patrick6548175's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2019
Used cart Perfect weather

Stonewall Golf Course is nestled in the wooded area of the Lake Manassas residential community in Gaineville, VA, right off Route 29, about 45 minutes from DC, and 20 minutes from Warrenton, VA.

Each hole is unique, and many with splendid views of the lake. While challenging enough for the best of golfers, it's not intimidating for the average golfer. The course is well-maintained year-round, and the staff is exceptionally pleasant and supportive.

I've golfed in 42 states and 40 countries, including most of the renowned courses (Augusta National, Oak Hill, Muirfiled, TPC at Sawgrass, Pine Needles, Pebble Beach, The Old Course at St.Andrews, Scotland, etc., all of which are spectacular. But I'm glad Stonewall is my home course - it's like a comfortable pair of slippers that are a bit loose but never to be discarded.

If my wife would let me, I'd golf there 7 days a week.

Commented on 07/12/2019

We're very glad to have you! Thank you for the 5-star review and we can't wait to see you next!

"Challenging course!"

u8532021's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2019

Great course with great views. Challenging roughs, great wide fairways. The greens are well kept and pace of play was great. Definitely get back out here after a few more hours at the range.

Commented on 06/20/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas. We hope to see you again soon!

"Outstanding Experience"

Ernie3298767's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2019

First Rate Northern Virginia Golf Course ... even better when affordable green fees are available. .

Staff was very pleasant & accommodating, including pro shop, starters, beverage service and the club house!

Commented on 06/10/2019

Hi. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Stonewall Golf Club!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2019

Commented on 06/14/2019

Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon!

"One of the best in our area"

u000002041615's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2019

Greens were. consistently fast. Rough was thick but playable. If in it, take your 8iron or highest lofted hybrid and slash it out. Fairways were great.

Commented on 05/31/2019

Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Stonewall Golf Club.

"Stonewall"

artgose's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2019

Great layout. The course Has recovered from the rain in the past year.

The staff is easy to work with and one of the best in the area.

Course Superintendant is available and asks for questions from the players. Great guy and take his time when questions arise from the golfers.

The grill room has improved in the last year and offers a wide variety of menu items and is prepared correctly.

Commented on 05/29/2019

"Rude Restaurant Staff"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2019

We’ve been playing at this golf course at least 20 times, and have always had a positive experience on the course and in the restaurant. We’ve always treated the staff with courtesy and respect, and been generous with our tips. And I am a member of their golf program.

Last night, we returned to the restaurant in the clubhouse after a round of golf to get a quick bite to eat and drink. A guest (not a member) who we had never met began taunting me and my friend for no reason. We repeatedly tried to ignore him, but he kept trying to engage us in an argument. Eventually, things got heated and the unruly patron asked us to “step outside.”

The restaurant manager demanded that my friend and I immediately leave the premises while the perpetrator / instigator was permitted to remain in the restaurant. It’s hard to understand why management would not have deferred to us given our long-standing patronage, but in any event, we won’t be playing there ever again.

For the record, there are a lot of other courses which are cheaper with much better service.

Commented on 05/21/2019

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your experience in our restaurant. We regret the unfortunate and unsettling end to an otherwise enjoyable day of golf. We are sorry that you felt you were unfairly treated, as that is certainly never the intent in any of our guest service delivery settings. As you are a valued guest and have been a regular patron, we hope you’ll consider returning to Stonewall in the future.

"Great course, but,....."

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2019

Terrible pace of play. No enforcement, saw a marshall on and never again.

Commented on 05/13/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. We hope to better your experience on your next visit!

jorge1359472's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2019

Course was amazing. Great views and layout. Wish they had a snack bar or something open but other than that, perfect.

Commented on 05/02/2019

Hi. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Stonewall Golf Club! We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

"A must play course"

kitchat's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2019
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

From tee box to green the course is in very good condition. I was pleasantly surprise this early in the season. The rough was a bit thicker and taller than I prefer, but playable. The greens were rolling true, but approach shots were not holding very well. Bunkers need some improvement and probably rate only a fair rating.

Commented on 04/30/2019

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we want to continue serving you excellent service soon. Stonewall Golf Club thanks you!

"Great Layout"

biancs19's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2019

One of the best public layouts I’ve played in the DMV. Overall in great shape; greens were a little slow but likely b/c we were playing in April. Great practice facilities and clubhouse. Will definitely play again.

Commented on 04/22/2019

Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

"Stonewall thoughts"

dsandidge's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2019

This is a beautiful course, with scenic lake views. Challenging layout, with many fun shots. As for scoring, the second time played would be easier.

Commented on 04/22/2019

Hello. We appreciate your great feedback regarding the course. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon!

"Fun course"

ChinJen's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2019

Stonewall is one of my favorite courses to play. I love the layout. It’s a big course with a great variety of holes. Staff is very professional and friendly. I like the starter system and having the driving range included for warmup. Nice practice areas as well (chipping, putting and bunker areas).

"Stonewall"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2019

Beautiful course. No Rinky-dink holes. Many views of Lake Manassas. For such an upscale course,the condition was an issue. The bunkers were not edged and I saw no one working on them. Greens were very difficult due to pok-a-dot Poa patches. All in the foursome had difficulty in judging speed.

I'll try it again in a couple of months.

Commented on 04/19/2019

kkr21us's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2019

Commented on 04/18/2019

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2019

Commented on 04/18/2019

Hello, Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

"Worth the trip"

eeguerreiro's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2019
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Beautiful facillity and great staff. The course was in decent condition considering Spring hasn't quite arrived and the greens were recently aerated. Stunning views and a fun layout. Not knowing the course, I did find a few hidden/ over the hill fairway bunkers following what I thought were great drives. Although my round took 4 hours, my only complaint was speed of play. A couple of times I was one of five groups on a given hole.

Commented on 04/04/2019

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review us here at Stonewall Golf Club, and for the five stars! We are glad to see that you had a great experience with us on the day of your round. We are happy that you were pleased with the facilities and layout of the course. However, we will take the feedback you provided regarding the pace of play and use it to make the necessary improvements moving forward. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Good condition for time of year"

mnastasi67's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2019
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Played Stonewall on Saturday, 3/30. The course was in very good condition given the time of year. One knock, the greens were aerated and sanded (rolled just "ok") which is a necessary evil in the spring, however I don't like that it's not disclosed by the course, GolfNow, etc. While I enjoy playing here I'd like to know that as it would likely factor into my course selection. That aside, it was an enjoyable mid-70's day in late March. Hard to find anything to gripe about. Staff was very friendly & accommodating and the pace of play was better than expected for an early season Sat in the 70's.

I don't play here often enough as it's about an hour and a half drive, but it's always worth the trip. Saturday was no exception.

Commented on 04/02/2019

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review us here at Stonewall Golf Club, and for the four stars. We are glad that you had an overall enjoyable experience with us on the day of your round, and that you were pleased with your interactions with out staff and the pace of play. However, we will take your feedback regarding the greens into account in order to make the necessary changes moving forward. We hope to see you again in the future!