L.A. Golf Club

Blue 36 2983 yards N/A N/A
White 36 2908 yards N/A N/A
Red (W) 36 2535 yards N/A N/A

"Decent Course, Terrible Staff"

tharter's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2019
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

Went golfing on a wet morning, the guy working the front desk (I assume the owner) told us the course was wet and asked us to not make any sharp turns with the carts on the fairway. I asked him if it was cart path only and he said no, just take it easy if you take the cart onto the fairway. We were careful the entire time we played. We came up the 7th fairway and approached the green where the man from the front desk confronted us about driving erratically across the fairways. I apologized to him even though I didn't think we had done anything wrong, he continued to yell in an extremely unprofessional manner even after I continued to apologize and told him we would finish the round with cart path only. He eventually walked away and we finished the final two holes as cart path only. When we drove by the clubhouse again to drop the carts off, I apologized to him again about our actions (even though I didn't think we did anything wrong) but he didn't even respond to my apology. We dropped off the carts and went back to our cars to put away our clubs where the man from the front desk confronted us again about the incident. He continued to yell and swear in an unprofessional manner as we got into our cars, I've never seen anything like it. I didn't mind the confrontation on the 7th green as it is his course and if he believed we had disrespected it, I would not blame him for coming out to say something. It was the fact he followed us to the parking lot to continuously yell at us after we had apologized and the confrontation was over. The course is pretty decent for the price, but the man at the front desk is very unprofessional and has a terrible attitude towards golfers who aren't daily regulars there. I would suggest spending the extra money to play at other courses in the area as you will get the same quality course with much better customer service.

"Little gem"

Poorspecimen's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2016

First time playing course, but probably not the last. Terrific deal on Golfnow for a very interesting little course. Great for all levels, but has some challenges for more experienced. Greens were actually better than some $100+ per round courses I've played this year given the dry conditions. All in all we had a wonderful round and day!

"A Great Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/12/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather

I play the LA Club every summer when I am in the 1000 Islands area. It is great course, and very enjoyable. Very scenic, and never too crowded. Also has a driving range for practice. A great clubhouse with really good food and lunch deals. A great place to visit.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent