Pine Ridge Golf Club

Dress code: Proper golf attire is required and is left to the discretion of the General Manager. No denim, cutoffs, tank tops, or halter tops.

Pine Ridge Golf Club was carved from pine forests in central Long Island. Located in Coram, the course's player-friendly layout is a popular choice for all skill levels. The narrow, tree-lined fairways demand accuracy and the greens are fast and can be hard to read but it's not an overly punishing golf course for high handicappers. The risk-reward opportunities will test your course management and strategic thinking skills. If played smartly, you could find yourself with a birdie, particularly on the two driveable par 4s on the front nine. Several bunkers lurk throughout and water comes into play occasionally as well. You'll also face several sharp doglegs, both left and right. In addition to the golf course, Pine Ridge also offers a practice facility that includes a driving range, putting green, and a large grass teeing area.

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers a weekend splurge   Challenges include narrow fairways undulating greens bunkers   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

"Great layout, but needs work"

NZIENTARSKI's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2019

Course has a great layout and challenging holes. Also the greens are super-fast and in great condition, as are the tee boxes and fairways. But once you go off the greens and fairways the ground conditions are variable and annoying: you could be 10 yards off the green and have to deal with sandy earth impossible to chip off of. Likewise, the rough can be thick or thin, with patchy areas. If the staff could work on filling these areas, it would be superb. Overall, it's a good course to play.

Kc2qnm's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2019
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

"Nice round"

sethdubrino's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2019

3rd time playing this course this year and the conditions are getting better and better. Some of the sand traps need work but it looks like management is doing a good job with renovations of some of the holes. Was a little bit of a long round (4.5 hours) for this course but it is the pga week and bethpage is shut down so that might be the reason it was so crowded.

"Really?"

hehateme2812's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2019

They ran out of working golf carts....do I need to say more? Pace of play was a joke and course was in very rough shape. Hopefully in season they figure things out

"One of my favorite"

sethdubrino's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2019

Great course, not to long but the lay out is tricky. Absolutey no one else on the course today which was nice.

"Very Disappointed"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/01/2019
Previously played Used cart Cold weather

When we got there the range machine did not work, they had no golf carts so we had to wait for a group to come in to get a cart and then they had no gas for it because the pump was locked up. Fortunately we were able to get through the round on the 1/4 tank of fuel that was in it.

We passed about 5 abandoned broken down golf carts on our journey and the guys we played with had to quit cause they got a flat tire. The started claimed they had new carts on order.

As far as the course, it was full of goose droppings especially on the greens and there were dozens of bare spots on the fairways and rough. The bunkers in some places were not distinguishable as they had weeds growing in them and some of the work they started last spring is still not completed.

Also, all 18 cups were cut in within 30 inches of the collar... Whats with that?

All in all a very disappointing way to start the year.

I have played quite a few nearby courses this winter and this was by far the worst conditioned one.

Cna1220's avatar

Course Layout: Poor

"Great course"

Bcourt69's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2019

Good pace of play, greens & fairways were fine. What more can you ask for.

stevepark's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2019

"I love this course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/26/2018

Pine Ridge is a terrific layout! Reminiscent of a Carolina course, it plays well! I have played here in the summer, but it’s just as enjoyable in the winter!

jjjpcraig's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2018

"Great course"

giannivb27's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/15/2018

After reading some of the reviews me and my friends were hesitant to play. We paid 63 bucks on a Saturday morning w a cart. We were skeptical to play considering the course had been aerated 10 days prior. The greens were in good condition. Fairways were fine. Tees were fine. I really don’t know what these other people who reviewed were looking at. Everything about the course was great. Rate of play was excellent. Friendly staff. I would consider the course slightly challenging which made it fun. A lot of dog legs and a few water hazardous. I will definitely try to play atleast one or two more times this fall.

"Beat uo"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2018

Nice layout thru the woods, but the course was really beat up. Tee boxes had no grass left on them, sand traps had grass growing in them, and the greens had tons of unrepaired ball marks and a few burnt spots. There were a few areas of ground under repair that looked like they had not been touched in weeks. Place need alot of TLC.

"Horrendous"

goal69's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2018

This is the first review I ever have done but felt compel to do it. The entire course was in terrible condition, from the tee boxes (dirt tee boxes for the most part), bunkers haven''t been conditioned/racked probably all year, ball marks on the greens were numerous, had to fix 5-10 before you could putt. Some green had damage from puddling water spots, fairways were thin and chopped up. No maintenance is being done, the areas that were renovated were a waste of money because they haven't completed them (3rd hole is more open but it was more pleasing to the eye with the trees then without them since it is still all chopped up. the one staff member was cold and he usually is. It's a shame because this use to be one of my favorite courses and in fact I use to be a Sunday tee time member, but I will NEVER play again unless I hear it has been totally renovated. It's by far the worst course conditions I've ever played in. I wish I took some photos to share. Wouldn't be worth $10 to play this course as it stands now.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2018

yavsrt's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/24/2018

"Lack of maintenance"

Smr87's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

I had to steal the titles of a few people who reviewed before me. I first played this course around five years ago and loved it. Not a long course from the blues, but some good bunker placement and water on holes made this a challenge. I haven't played here in two years because I didn't like the conditions two summers ago after a very hot summer and the courses was baked out. I decided to give it another chance and we played the course on a rainy day, but you can tell this course has been neglected this year and years past.

We arrived and asked the people in the proshop to push back our time because our buddy went to the wrong course. In case you aren't from the area there's another course close by called Pine Hills. They were super friendly and got us right out when our buddy arrived. The starter was also really nice and told us because of the rain that day and how wet the summer has been it was cart path only. That fine by me because I want the course to be in the best shape. However, it seemed like everyone but our group adhered to that rule and that could be a major cause as to why the fairways were awful. The group behind us was almost annoyed and hit up on us a bunch of times because we had to cross the entire fairway to get to our ball while they didn't follow the rules. Most likely they were members and thought they were above the rules. Right off the bat we could see the rough and fairways were dead or just dirt. On more than half the holes the greens had dozens if not more ball marks around the pin. Almost like they haven't changed the pine location in weeks. It's a shame because it could be a nice course, but it has really been neglected. Lastly, when we first got into our carts the battery light wasn't on and then by hole two the lights came on and we needed new carts brought out. I understand these things happen, but both carts dying right away? Did you not take the time to charge them? I will tell you this the ranger called the shop and got carts right out there for us so that was great. I won't be back until I hear better news about the conditions

"Terrible Neglected Conditions"

scott8713501's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/18/2018
Used cart Wet weather

This course is in serious need of maintenance! Awful tee boxes, fairways, sand traps and greens. This has usually been a great place to play, but the condition it is in now is frustrating to play. Think I'll find somewhere else to spend my money...

"Lack of Maintenance"

scott8713501's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/18/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

This course is in serious need of maintenance, I was extremely disappointed with the tee boxes, fairways, greens and don't even get me started on the sand traps. The price should really be lowered to reflect the condition of the course. It would be understandable if the course were under repair, but this seems more like course neglect. Think I'll find somewhere else to spend my money.