Red at Eisenhower Park Golf Course

Carts: Yes - $40

Indoor practice facilities: Yes
Simulator: Yes

"An enjoyable course, mostly flat with some interesting features"

LICC's avatar
NY-NJ Advisor

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2019

This is a good, solid municipal course. The front is flatter than the back, which has some decent elevations and undulations on some holes. The course is a nice one to walk. There are subtle interesting features interspersed throughout, such as blind shots and well-placed bunkers to make you think through your shot selection. The greens are nicely sloped and contoured with nothing extreme. The greens were in very good shape. Fairways are decently wide and the rough is manageable. While nothing stood out as outstanding, this is a good course with a consistently nice layout to enjoy a good round of golf.

"Old Man Golf on Too Many Holes"

Kevinx's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2018

My title says all. The super their thinks the course is Bethpage Black. He has pushed the white tees so far back its making the par 4 holes play way over 400 yards. stretching the yardage from the whites makes it play 3 shot old man golf. The average golfer can't handle that distance making the course play very slow. No wonder golf in declined. The 4th, 7th and 18th play way over 421 yards. That's PGA tour distance. When your 3 hours plus before the 9th hole you will know why. Old man golf.

"Longest and more interesting of the Eisenhower Courses"

DDM12345's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2017

I heard that the greens were screwed up this year but because of the discount and no wait, I decided to play for the he'll of it. $36 with the leisure pass. That's not bad.

The first hole had a temporary green and there's a few other ones which are burnt out but it was not as bad as I expected.

The course itself is much longer and a little more interesting than the white or blue. I guess, architecturally, it's not bad. It's very playable. The fairways are pretty wide on most holes so it's hard to get into trouble unless you really blow it. If you can't hit it kinda far, just move up a tee box. The course is about 7000 and change from the tips.

At the regular price, it's not really worth it IMO. You can't escape traffic noises as the course since tons of big box stores and commercial areas are close. It kills the feeling.

"Big Disappointment"

Michael47's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/11/2017

I heard so many good things about Eisenhower Park Golf courses, especially since professional golf tournaments were held here. I traveled from the Bronx to play here. I was greatly disappointed with the playing conditions. The greens were in terrible shape and the rough was exceptionally high. I was playing with a local resident and he said the greenskeeper used the wrong mixture of chemicals and ruined the greens. When paying my fee, $75.00, there was no warning of the condition of the greens, other then the 1st green was a temporary green.

My foursome waited on every hole for the foursome in front of us. I did not see a ranger anytime during my round.

I do not think I will be returning here anytime soon and would not recommend the Red course to any of my friends.

"Seeing Red"

convert2golf's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/02/2017

I'm new to the game of golf and I'm totally hooked. I love it. One of the things I like about this great game is the challenge of playing on different courses. I was excited to play on the Red course at Eisenhower Park but was very disappointed. Although the overall course was basically good, there were a few things that were NOT good.

1) The greens near holes looked diseased. Patchy, blotchy, and ugly. It looked like the skin disease Shingles .

2) Signage to drive to the next tee was very lacking.

3) I drove around for 10 minutes looking for the 11th tee. The sign for the tee was missing

4) The flag was missing on hole #2

5) This is a minor aesthetics issue but one I think is important. The women's red tee box should be RED. The tee box color looked more orange than red.

6) The sign-in office, the first introduction to the facility, is dreary, dull and institutional.

It reminded me of a motor vehicle office. Ugh!

Due to the conditions on the course I later realized why I basically had the course to myself. Hopefully the course conditions will be better next year. I'll make sure to read reviews before I return to this course.

"What the heyhappened here?"

zoomerzoomer's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2017
Previously played Walked Perfect weather

I play this course regularly but hadn't played since July.

I was offered a "discount" last week when paying because they were "repairing" some holes. In the past month, a disease transformed ALL the greens into a parking lot surface. Save your money! Play the white or blue here instead. You will be VERY disappointed if you play this red course now. Wait until the rotted greens are repaired. This was a beautiful course. Whoever is the greenskeeper is here should look for a new line of work!.

"Laughable conditions"

Smr87's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017

I've played this course for years. The pace of play is slow, but it's a municipal course and you should expect that when you play. You'll see a ranger or two here and there, but they usually drive by not paying attention or one time I even saw one off in the woods hitting golf balls. This review has nothing to do with pace play, however.

Recently played here and to be honest I really like the layout. This course has some challenging g and easy holes, which make it a scoreabme track. My issue here is Nassau County could care less about its golfers. The greens were rock hard, almost like concrete, and burnt out. On some homes you are literally putting on dirt. Nothing was mentioned or even a sign where you pay. They are just charging full price and not caring. How can you do that and not care? My second issue is there is water on three holes that has a scum and bird dropping build up that hasn't been cleaned since I could only estimate when the Commerce event stopped coming there years ago. It's just filthy and disgusting and honestly embarrassing for whomever calls himself/herself course superintendent. Have some dignity in your work.

I will not waste my money on this course again. Nassau County, the superintendent and anyone else responsible for conditions should be ashamed of themselves. I'd be shocked if they even read any reviews on the courses.

"Bad greens"

Michael4910098's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017
Previously played Walked Perfect weather

Hi, the Red course at Eisenhower used to be my favorite course. I learned today that the wrong chemical was put on the greens and they are all burnt out. I was told they should be back by next year. Nassau County is still charging the same prices for this course to play. Stay away until next year.

"Good Day at Eisenhower Red"

rjsmithlaw's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/12/2014
First time playing Paired up at course Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

The only negative is the back-up, especially on the 2nd hole. That made it a 5 hour round. Other than that, it was great. Some long par 4s, nothing gimmicky, nice layout, fast greens.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"the course was in excellant shape"

stumpie123's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/07/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

the course played pretty fast and the greens were a little beat up from all the play from the year

"Slow play"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/03/2014

An afternoon round is never less than 5 hours. Tough to deal with.

"Slow!!!!"

Billb0b0's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2014

Very slow pace, waited on the tee box for more than 5 mins on every hole but the first two. The course was in very good condition, no cart girl but there was a nice halfway house

"No Structure"

ern3365's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/10/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

We got there 30 minutes early, poor signage and no one to help we lost all 309 minutes trying to figure out where to pay, and where to start. No signs on the course, no course map, easy to get lost looking for the next hole. Everyone running the course was friendly, the course was in extremely good condition. Play pace was hardly regulated if at all, we were passed by a threesome on the fairway, no asking no nothing... Overall, it'll be easier the second time now that I know what to expect.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"slow round"

milkbud's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

5.5 hours, greens nice. Would be better on a rainy day with no one there.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"Eisenhower Red"

Wilfredo3569330's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2014

Slow play on Friday afternoon 9 holes 3.5 hour and not able to finish all 18th.

"Good for real golfer"

Golfproyangcy's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2014
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Good weather Verified Purchaser

It's real traffic. Drove and played take us 5 1/2 hours. A lots ball mark remain unrepaired on the green.

"Red course is the best of the three."

mgcs's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 9/21/2013

I must admit that compared to it's sister courses the White and Blue, the Red course was in excellent condition. The fairways were manicured the greens were fast and the bunkers were raked. My main concern was that it took over 6 hours to play 18 holes. Such a disgrace. The pace of play was extremely slow as we waited on each of our tee and fairway shots. I also observed golfers driving their carts way beyond the restricted areas and onto the edges of the greens. During the six hours of play not once did I see a ranger drive by. Such a shame for a nicely maintained course. Never again.

"Course was good, slow play"

None's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 9/13/2013

It was way too crowded, we had a 2:20 tee off time and we ran out of daylight and could not finish. Many tee boxes were backed up 2 and 3 foursomes.
I will not go back there because of slow play and/or over booking

"Nice Track but Glacial Pace of Play"

jprincio's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 9/6/2013

Our foursome teed off around 2:00 and played the last two holes in near darkness, finishing around 7:30. Other than the wait time, we enjoyed the course.

"Classy"

u000004319503's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 9/4/2013

At golfnows discount price this was a bargain. I hadn't played the Red in a decade and a half and what a difference! Some tee boxes were a bit scruffy but otherwise the conditions, especially around the greens, were far superior to what one expects from a county facility. Highly recommended (at the golfnow price).