South/North at Evergreen Golf Club

Carts: Yes - $7

Dress code: Shirts & shoes must be worn at all times.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Evergreen Golf Club in Elkhorn is one of the area's premier golfing destinations with 27 holes of championship golf that provide three challenging, but playable 18-hole combinations. The nines, East, South, and, North are routed through mature trees and natural wetlands. The South/North combinations begins with the club's original nine. Water comes into play on some of the course's toughest holes and there are also numerous bunkers strategically placed around the greens. The penultimate hole of the golf course is one of the most memorable. North's challenging eighth offers an interesting risk-reward opportunity. Big hitters will reap the benefits if they successfully drive the green, but an errant shot will be met with out-of-bounds to the left and bunkers to the right, turning an easy par 4 into a bogey.

"Best combo to play."

dahlryan's avatar
Chicago-Milwaukee Advisor

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2017

I like this combo the best it provides the toughest test out there. I am a fan of Evergreen because of the risk reward. Holes are tight but short if you drive the ball well you can score. Course is always in nice condition and pace of play moves pretty well. Big fan of the North course great opportunities to make some low score but if out of position you are in big trouble. Again I like Evergreen but not a place im going to eat and drink at but a nice play to go and play.

"They've even left golf now because of poor reviews"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/03/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather

Stay away and don't let them take your time of day away. The staff is rude and the marshals are worse...They will ruin your time and make you wish you hadn't given them a dollar for this trailer park golf course.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

Commented on 01/26/2016

I reviewed a number of times because I only live 10 min away and had free golf but it's not worth the free golf. I'm sure they wish they wouldn't have been so rude and unprofessional to a golfer.

Commented on 10/08/2014

If you don't like this course, why do you keep playing it? I've seen 4-5 reviews from you on this course.

"Unfriendly course"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2013
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

They have a squadron of Marshals that have full command of the course with walkie talkies....like a swat team with a commander at the clubhouse. Having three nines is a little troublesome as you will play what they tell you to play to maximize their "turns" or numbers through the course. I recently tried to post a comment on their own site and it's next to impossible as they only want to know how their fish fry tastes and how the bar was. Just read their scorecard as they are ready to put you in jail for even thinking of bringing bottled water into the course. The other annoying part of the course is the gas carts as you'll hear them during the round as we were met by marshals on nearly every two holes. You just feel like your being watched for no apparent reason. This all stems from the time the head pro chewed my son and I out for having two carts with only two golfers yet we paid for both carts. Enough said as there are so many nicer courses in the area so you can drive by this one on your way to Lake Geneva....Hawks View or Geneva National.... Good luck if you do find yourself here. I just noticed that GolfNow changed their comment section as you can't recommend courses in the area...lol I'm sure the courses being commented on didn't like the advertising for other courses.....Play Geneva National (Palmer Course or Trevino)

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"Evergreen was in great shape. Greens, looked fuzzy, but played well."

roslawski's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/1/2013

That time of the year. Great price for a nice golf course.

"Fun Course"

wcreuter's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/18/2013

Had a great time. Nobody directly in front or behind of us. Perfect golf course. Would recommend to all.

"Hope you are not in a hurry"

Bill5647902's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/5/2013

This course has 3 nine hole courses. We tee-ed off at 7:40 on the south course and moved quickly through the nine. Played in 1:50. Showed up at the next nine only to find a 3 group backup. The clubhouse in their infinite wisdom expects you to play in 2:10. Play any quicker than that and you will need to wait while they jam the course full of people. That's right, this is the only course on the face of the earth that punishes you for fast play. After a 30 minute wait on the tee we then discovered the course allowed the group in front us to form up a SIXSOME on a holiday weekend. Two and half hours later, we finished. I would avoid on a weekend unless you like waiting. What a joke.

"Don't waste your time"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 6/20/2013

This course will take time away from your life that can not be replaced. If you like stress from the management and Marshals that watch your play throughout your round than this is the place for you. I actually saw them on nearly every hole and at times they were in my line of vision on the course. Play Hawks view and be treated like a person or even Geneva National for some of the finest courses in the area. This course is build around a housing complex and the only thing they have going is a good fish fry on Friday nights. As the previous person had mentioned they have tons of staff trying to jam the course and even when you read the golf card you'll know you're not welcome. It talks about pace of play as if you need a stopwatch. Avoid this course at all costs...I even won certificate for free golf and I refuse to play there as they are rude and only look at the bottom line for their board members. As far as the course they are loosing some 500 trees due to some chemical they added to the greens so even the minimal character this course had it's now gone. Please hear me when I say your time is more valuable then to waste it here.

"This course has great scenic views"

novruttin's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 5/19/2013

Pace of play was great. Fairways were in great condition. The greens which normally are in great shape left a little to be desired. Lots of winter kill

"great staff and well maintained"

bgrebe's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 5/19/2013

one of the best deals in SE wisconsin three challenging nines. very friendly and helpful staff.

"The staff was very helpful and pleasant."

geriksen's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 5/18/2013

The course was still suffering a little from last year's draught. Mainly the greens. I sure that will come back. All in all a great course for the money.

"Fantastic Place To Play"

dhartmann34's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/16/2012

We've always had a great time up here. The greens are always fast and smooth and the course in general is in good condition. There are 27 holes which is great if you've got some extra time on your hands. The layout is nice with maybe one or two cooky holes. The only negative is no driving range. Besides that, I say get up there and play!

"Don't waste your time ....#2"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/3/2012

Every time I write a review I think of the course...because they are the benchmark for the worst parts of a course, boring layout, mean staff, marshals galore, along with high prices. I written enough about this course but I want to make sure my review is at the top to remind anyone coming within 50 miles to stay away and don't waste your time. Now I've even seen their bumping up their already high price for bad tee times from $35 to $38. Every other course in golfnow gives a price break at different times. But not Ever-GREEN. They just want your "green" for a unfriendly experience. I talked about the gift certificate I had for a two-some in my last review. I've now thrown it out as I won't let this course steal my time as they push me around the course. Again avoid this course and go to one of these courses in the area...You'll thank me....Hawks View, Alpine Valley, and Geneva National. Ever-GREEN should be turned into driving range as that's the way it plays.

"Go to Hawks View"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 4/6/2012

Again don't waste your time and money as you'll thank me. Hawks View is minutes from Evergreen and the greens and tees are not even close to the caliber of Hawks. Also check out Alpine Valley as both course will challenge you. Evergreen employees need to go these two courses to take note of how people expect to be treated and how courses should be maintained. Again you'll thank me...

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy