Pines Golf Course at Christmas Mountain Village

GPS: Yes

Practice hole: Yes

Dress code: Proper Attire required

Green 35 1935 yards 33.2 121

Location is at a resort near local attractions worth the drive   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers a weekend splurge   Challenges include elevation changes thick rough water hazards   Great for drinks dinner watching the game

"Good Course Layout"

Terry2339402's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2018

Very good course layout with several challenging holes and picturesque. Greens were somewhat shaggy and slow. A couple of greens had damage that appeared to be from vandalism. Amenities where good and staff was friendly.

"Second time played"

Theo2757's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2019

I played this course last month and rated it as fair. I was very impressed with the improvements that have been made. While there are still some tee boxes that need work, you can see the efforts that have been made.

I am glad we gave the course another try. It was a pleasure playing it this time and I will be back.

"Christmas Mountain Village"

steady1515's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/01/2019

This course is making some major improvements. They are doing drainage work and removing some traps and improving existing ones.

"Big time disappointed!!"

Blough2309's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/29/2019

Played this course on June 29th of 2019 and was absolutely the worst experience I’ve had golfing... the course is under massive repair and sprinklers were running almost on every other hole... not only do you have to fight the sprinkler systems out there but then the greens on some of the holes were just absolutely awful condition... no takes to take the sand if you hit in one. No beer cart lady although I was told they had one they lied! 90* outside and not a drop of drinking water In sight. No signs to show you what hole your on what so ever so if it’s your first time being there then good luck... kids from the campground were running across the fairways and or even putting on the greens and then standing to the side of it waiting for us to hit in there direction. I will never go back to this course what so ever! Trappers turn in the dells is where you wanna go!!!

Commented on 07/05/2019

Hi, Blough2309. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We understand your frustration with the construction projects underway. Please bear with us as we work diligently to make improvements. We hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thanks for choosing Pines Golf Course at Christmas Mountain Village.

"5 Hours to play 18!!!"

BeachPro's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2019

Everything was good to great except the pace of play. The foursome in front of us (2 adults) should have displayed some “golf etiquette” and allowed us through, but didn’t. Also, NO one working there to monitor such play doesn’t help the situation! #10 of the golf card etiquette states, “Please play with undue delay.” This may be something the employees from this course needs to remind everyone of when playing, ESPECIALLY the group of four that was in front of us!

Commented on 06/27/2019

Hi, BeachPro. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are glad to see you rated everything else to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Pines Golf Course at Christmas Mountain Village. We hope to see you again soon.

"Xmas mt. Oak course"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2019
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

1st thing I noticed is there was no bag drop. A lot of reconditioning going on. 15 th hole closed due to sand trap renovation, not mentioned in their promos. Greens were second rate for the price. Better deals in the area.

Commented on 06/20/2019

Hi, u225549072. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Pines Golf Course at Christmas Mountain Village. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

"doing a lot of work on the course"

Einstein41855's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2019
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Great layout but course is in rough shape few bad greens course was very wet from recent rains.

"What Happened???"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2019

This course used to be beautiful. What happened? Tee boxes bare dirt and weeds. Greens with plenty of bare spots and bumps. It would be nice to see it recover.

Commented on 05/23/2019

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Christmas Mountain Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

u981622077's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2019
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Commented on 05/21/2019

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Christmas Mountain Golf Course.

"Nice course that needs some work to get it up to their normal standards"

Theo2757's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2019

The greens and tee boxes took a beating over the winter. It was very difficult to putt on the greens. I know they will correct these problems and I will be back to golf this course

again. Always a fun course for intermediates.

Commented on 05/17/2019

Hello Theo, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Christmas Mountain Golf Course. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course but are very sorry to hear that your recent experience with us was poor due to the winter weather conditions. We greatly value your feedback and will continue to make the necessary improvements to your overall experience with us. We hope that you would give us another chance to improve upon the course and hope that you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing and recommending our course, we hope to see you again soon.

"Poor condition"

kvieth's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2019

Very disappointed in the condition of the course. Bare spots on the greens, beat up tee boxes, no rakes for the bunkers.

Pace of play was extremely slow on front nine, but did loosen up on the back. Will never play this course again!

Course Layout: Poor

Commented on 05/06/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review Christmas Mountain Golf course. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We take 1 star reviews very serious and your comments are by no means the standard we strive to achieve, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

"Nice course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/03/2018

Had me worried before playing after reading some negative comments from others, and it had been raining for past few days, but course was nice to play and had an enjoyable round with the wife. Girl at pro shop was very friendly and starter was also. Purchased golf on a discount golf website and made the round more enjoyable too.

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2018

Response from Christmas Mountain Golf Course on 09/25/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

"Christmas Mountian"

None's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/13/2018

Not busy, got on 30min early. Not in bad shape, a couple of the greens look like ants are on them

"Disappointed"

mjs22850's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2018

We have played this course many times. This was the first time this year. The course was not in good shape. It had nothing to do with the recent rains. Tee boxes were ugly and general maintenance was not up to snuff.

Response from Christmas Mountain Golf Course on 09/06/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Christmas Mountain Golf Course, in the Wisconsin Dells area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

"Needs TLC"

mjafferis's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2018

Better condition than when I played it a month ago but needs some maintenance. Sand traps weedy, greens shaggy. Hardly anyone on it so seemed like we had the course to ourselves. Nice course but please clean it up.

"Nice Course"

mulkman's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/11/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Took a day off from the waterparks to get some vitamin "G". Course a short drive from the "Dells", teed off shortly before noon. Course was in good condition, greens and fairways in mostly good condition, rough very thick, lots of trees, fairly narrow fairways. Some elevated tees and greens made for a challenging round. Played from the white tees, but still had second shots of 180-200 yards to the green on most par fours. Enjoyed the round.

"What's Happening?"

u2141905554's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/09/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I must say what a difference a year makes. I played this course for the first time last summer (great experience) and was excited to play this past week.

Sadly, the course has undergone a very unfortunate transition. Hitting off the tee boxes was like hitting out of the rough. I kid you not, the grass was at least 2 inches high on some of the tee boxes. The fairways seemed to be in ok condition but the greens were VERY slow. It would appear they had not been mowed in quite some time. Many of the sand traps are not sand traps any more. It looked like management just let weeds and grass take over. Very strange, no edging on the bunkers either.

As other writers have commented there are quite a few greens that appear to have been damaged from either vandalism or from faulty greens keeping equipment. I'm assuming one of the hoses broke on the green mower and no one noticed until it was too late. Rough, rough shape.

I was actually supposed to play there again with 11 other friends in a few weekends but we have since changed locations. I couldn't in good conscience take my friends to the course in this shape.

I may try in again next Summer and HOPE that it improves. If not, there are way too many other great options in the Dells to mess around with this course. I wonder if joining the Choice brand has anything to do with the depletion of the golf course.

Hope you guys get it taken care of. Until, I'd suggest staying away.

Response from Christmas Mountain Golf Course on 08/21/2018:

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear about your disappointments with the conditions, but we understand your frustration. We hope that you will be able to see some improvement the next time you visit us.

glowinfrog's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2018

"They let the course go!"

MTN0130's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2018

We have played several times in the past and enjoyed the course-good conditions and reasonable price. The day we played the greens were not mowed-a Friday in August in the Dells! The greens were in good shape but EXTREMELY slow, many problematic tee boxes. No course monitoring so very slow. No longer a good value for the money.

Response from Christmas Mountain Golf on 08/07/2018:

Hello, thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback regarding the course conditions and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff and sceneries at Christmas Mountain Golf, and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

oreohappy's avatar