Twin Lakes Golf Club - Woods Course

Practice bunker: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Black 36 3414 yards N/A N/A
Gold 36 3172 yards N/A N/A
Blue 36 3029 yards N/A N/A
White 36 2831 yards N/A N/A
Silver 36 2322 yards N/A N/A

"Way Better Layout than the Woods"

U1r3thhzBBZFCZQWYntU's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2019

Hi, it’s me again. Your Athens high school golf tour guide. I know I was a bit harsh on the Woods, but the original 18 at Twin Lakes, especially the Estates 9, is just a great layout and one of my favorite courses to play in the area. I discovered this place only after I knew that my school’s regional tournament is hosted here every year on the original 18, and it’s always in tremendous shape. The Estates and Links fit my lower ball flight style of play and it’s still a challenge if you like to roll it because the Estates is such a long course. I had to play from the tips on all the par fives so the regional was really tough. I still found my niche here and shot 88 in my first regional with a pair of 44s. I still finished in T52 out of 105 so that goes to show how hard this course is, even if you do fit the original 18’s style! If you have a lower ball flight and play well out of bunkers, the original 18 at Twin Lakes is for you. I also know a lot of the employees here because they go to Stoney Creek High School and this is their home course. If they’re at the starting booth, they will let you play the two nines you want to play, they’re good Look for them or you might have to play the Woods if you’re unlucky. Twin Lakes will certainly be a course I’ll be playing a lot in the future.

"Great Conditions, but a few strange holes."

U1r3thhzBBZFCZQWYntU's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2018

I enjoyed a couple of the holes here. Such as the downhill par 3 eighth over a nice looking creek, but a couple of the par fours require too much shot shape for me. I’m a player that plays within his strengths, and for me that’s a low, stinger fade but too many of these holes require big draws that I simply don’t have. The starting par 5 requires you to use less than driver, so I’m a bit upset that I couldn’t swing it hard right out of the gate. The greens have crazy slopes to them and sometimes I need to aim outside the lip on 4 footers and I like to bang those in but I couldn’t or else I’d miss. Ended up shooting a 50. I like the Estates and Links much more. While in good condition, the Woods is definitely not my favorite.

"Northern Michigan Golf in Oakland County"

smith851's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2016

The Woods course at Twin Lakes is the most difficult 9 on its property. The toughness you will experience on the nine hole journey will be evened well with fantastic Northern Michigan style holes. All par 4s are very playable, where two good shots will reward you with a good opportunity at birdie. Fairways are wide enough to help play, but errant tee shots will make your life difficult in the trees. Twin Lakes is easily one of the best condition courses (any of the 3 courses) in Oakland County and is a must play for any golf enthusiast

"Woods course is really cool"

Tfitz16's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2015

Played the Woods course and it is a gem. Not very long most par 4's are 350-385 and reachable in 2 for average player. Every hole has a unique layout and is not similar to the others. Only downfall was sand traps were in need of a little attention as some were mini ponds. Will definitely play again completely worth it and really enjoyable scenery.

"Must play."

Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/21/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Cannot believe that no one has reviewed this course!
Twin Lakes is now my favorite track in the area, and I've played most of em. Everything from the clubhouse to staff is just down-right fantastic.
The Woods track is my favorite of the three nines. Reminds me of "up-north" golf at it's finest. I played earlier this year and can't remember the specifics, but I know I have been yearning to go back since.
Highly recommend.