Ridge Creek Dinuba Golf Club

• (877) 465-3891, (559) 591-2254
  • www.golfridgecreek.com
Write Review

Year built: 2008
Architect(s): John Fought (2008)
Type: Municipal
Greens: Bermuda Grass

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.

Silver 72 7482 yards 74.3 126
Sand (W) 72 5432 yards 69.7 112

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2019

Commented on 07/11/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Ridge Creek Dinuba Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

"golf at ridge creek golf course"

TonySalazar's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2019
Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

we had a wonderful time playing to our capacity . We are not pros but I for one played to an 86 . my age is 81 that is not bad!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2019

Commented on 06/18/2019

Hello, thank you for your 5-star rating! We hope to see you again soon at Ridge Creek.

je2se23's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2019

Commented on 06/25/2019

Hi. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Ridge Creek Dinuba Golf Club.

"Ridge Creek Dinuba"

nickesquire's avatar
California Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2019
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Rode the Blues (70.1/116/6493) with Alex, Ken and Michael in 4H, 40M in the GK Plays. Teeing off around 1:30, the weather was breezy, sunny and in the high 80's. Excellent golf weather.

I have yet to play a John Fought design that I did not really like. No water hazards, but plenty of sand and large undulating greens provide challenge. That challenge is magnified with thick, deep rough that will catch any overly crooked shots. Probable lost ball, and even if you find it, probably an unplayable lie. VERY penal.

The tees had good coverage and were mostly level. However, many were pretty chewed up and needed divot repair.

The fairways have good coverage and are mowed close. They play well, firm with lots of roll. However, unless you hit down on the ball it would be easy to hit the ball thin with almost no cushion underneath.

The rough close to the fairway is mowed down, almost as low as fairways on some courses. Tough to chip off tight lies around the greens and anything missing the green will run down hills into the deep stuff. The rough slightly outside the very short, firm "rough" that is not fairway is the native rough. Very thick, deep and penal in most areas.

The sand traps were nicely maintained but are way too firm around the greens on a course with deep faced bunkers. The firmness was an asset of the fairway traps.

In spite of WAY too many ball marks, the large & undulating greens putted nice. Firm and medium fast.

I like the layout, it would definitely be in my rotation if not approximately 150 miiles from home. With the firmness of the course, shots offline rolling into bunkers or even the deep rough has to be factored in on club selection. Throw in the wind, and this course is deceptively tough in my mind. The USGA's ratings are way too low for a course with lost call rough lurking barely off every fairway IMO.

Excellent restaurant on site, good food and service. All grass driving range that was adequate. Definitely recommended.

Commented on 06/11/2019

Hi Nick. Thank you so much for the kind words and great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope you make the trip back to see us again soon! Thanks for choosing Ridge Creek Dinuba Golf Club.

"Staff is Amazing!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2019

Honestly the staff is why I come back. They are just the best, and what the Central Valley represents. Good, honestly and just friendly people. From the restaurant to the club house they all are just brilliant, and amazing people. So helpful through and through out. They even know your name when you walk in or at least fake it, but make you feel like a local. Love it! I come at least once every two weeks. The course is very well kept and the grass conditions are the best it can be for the extreme heat and cool conditions in winter we experience here in the Central Valley. The Scottish style course is way more challenging than it looks and the greens break beautifully. If you want to have fun, enjoy the staff friendship and play a challenging course come to Dinuba.

Commented on 06/06/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating for Ridge Creek. Your kind words are very encouraging as this is the exact environment we have worked hard to create here. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

"Fun layout."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2019

Different style of course. Enjoyable and challenging. It plays tougher than its slope. Greens are really beat up due to the fact that a lot of people who play there haven’t got a clue as to fixing a ball mark. That being said, they putted pretty well and were as fast I’ve seen them in 7-8 rounds. Good value. Will play it again.

Commented on 06/04/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Ridge Creek and taking care of our course.

"Great Course"

Lenz57's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2019

Ridge Creek is a great place to play golf. A very challenging layout, with undulating greens and rolling fairways. The course forces you to focus on your shot. Also opportunities for creative shots during your round. I highly recommend playing here.

Commented on 06/04/2019

Hi Lenz. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating of Ridge Creek. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

"Great Course"

tiger18th's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2019

I definitely recommend to play!! Plenty of tee boxes for ur skill level to make an enjoyable round. Fairways and greens are in excellent shape. Will definitely play again when back in the area.

Response from Ridge Creek on 05/15/2019:

Thank you for playing Ridge Creek for the first time! We really appreciate you recommending our golf course to others as well. Be sure to follow us on social media for the latest course news and specials. Come back soon!

Jim5313531's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2019

Commented on 05/06/2019

Your 5-star rating is much appreciated, Jim! Be sure to book another tee time at Ridge Creek again soon!

"Great Course!"

CenCalGolfer559's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2019

Love this course, greens are getting very speedy but still holds shots well! Fairways have solid run out and if you find the speed slots, you’ll get extra yardage!

My only concern is the bunkers. I was in 4 bunkers and it’s not total hard pan, they do have a layer of soft(er) sand, but the club just bounces underneath off the harder pact dirt and it’s bladed nearly every time. Hopefully they’ll put some new sand, and they’ll be back to good soft sand throughout. But overall, it’s a great course! Mid afternoon rounds are going to get tougher with the heat that’s coming! Hydrate!

Response from Ridge Creek on 04/24/2019:

Thank you for playing Ridge Creek! We're thrilled to hear how much you love our golf course. Your kind words regarding our course conditions are much appreciated as well your constructive feedback about the bunkers. We hope you come back for another round in the near future.

"In great shape"

1954gp's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2019

Fairways were tight and in good shape. Greens were a little fast snd in great shape. Not much sand in traps. Beer is pricy on the course versus in the bar.

Response from Ridge Creek on 04/11/2019:

Thank you for playing Ridge Creek! We appreciate your positive feedback regarding the course conditions. Come back for another round soon!

"Great course"

djohn2141's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2019

First time at this course. Drove 3 hours to get here to play.l The layout was excellent. Pace was great.

The greens were in excellent shape and rolled out very well. The only issue is that the course has a lot of bermuda grass and it is still dormant. Another month and the course should be really nice. I would wait that month before I would play again.

Response from Ridge Creek on 03/28/2019:

Thank you for making the drive out here to play our golf course for the first time. Sounds like we made a great first impression and we appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you out here at Ridge Creek again soon!

"Good Challenge"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/13/2019

Links style course with lots of fescue lining the fairways. Hit it straight or you'll never find your ball. Greens in great shape with lots of breaks. Love this course!

Response from Ridge Creek on 03/18/2019:

Thanks for playing Ridge Creek and for leaving a 5-star review. Hitting the ball straight is always great advice! Come back for another round soon.

GerardGuti's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/08/2019

Response from Ridge Creek on 02/11/2019:

Thank you for the 4-star overall rating, Gerard! Come back soon.

"One of the best courses in the Fresno Area"

CenCalGolfer559's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/20/2019

This is a course that I play at a lot. I typically play during Pink Mondays when I am not in school(Teacher). But lately have been playing out on the weekends and surprisingly, there isn't a surge in weekend warriors like myself. This makes the course play fairly quick.

The course as taken a beating from the rains we've gotten, it's always in good shape but some of the low areas on the fairways have collected water and it drains but it's still muddy. Shocked that on some holes it was not cart path only, despite actually staying on the path to avoid making areas worse. But playing lift clean and place with my group was in effect.

This course is by far one of the tougher tests in the Fresno area, which makes it one of the better/funner course around, Hitting driver on Par 4s and Par 5s isn't always a must, especially when there is so much long grass to penalize your shots off line.

All in all, Ridge Creek has one of the best courses in Fresno area, and the Practice Facility they have with the unbelievable short game area, and multiple range areas should stand up against the best in the state!

Response from Ridge Creek on 01/30/2019:

Thanks for playing Ridge Creek! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words and positive feedback. Glad you're able to get out here to play on the weekends now as well. We're thrilled to hear you consider our golf course to be one of the best in the Fresno area. Be sure to come back for another round soon!

"Great Course, Great value"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2019

Maybe the best course in the CV, and definitely the best pace of play

Response from Ridge Creek on 05/21/2019:

Wow! Your 5-star rating and review is much appreciated. Thank you for playing Ridge Creek again. We're thrilled to hear you consider us to be one of the best courses in the area. Come back soon!

Joe1626581's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2019

Response from Ridge Creek on 04/18/2019:

Thank you for playing Ridge Creek, Joe. Your feedback is always welcome and appreciated. Be sure to follow us on social media for the latest course news and specials.

"Great work"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2019

Greens are beautiful fairways are perfect roughs are rough

Response from Ridge Creek on 04/18/2019:

Thank you for playing Ridge Creek! Your positive feedback about our course conditions is much appreciated. Come back for another round soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2019

Commented on 04/11/2019

Your 5-star rating is much appreciated! Come back to Ridge Creek again soon.