Tiburón Golf Club - The Gold Course

• (239) 593-2201, (239) 593-2200
  • www.tiburongcnaples.com
Write Review

Year built: 1998
Architect(s): Greg Norman (1998)
Type: Resort
Style: Links
Greens: Bermuda Grass

Caddies: Yes

Singles allowed: No
Dress code: Men: Shirts with collars & sleeves, slacks or Bermuda length shorts; Women: Dresses, skirts, slacks or Bermuda length shorts
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Championship 72 7382 yards 76.0 137
Back 72 6790 yards 73.1 132
Tiburón 72 6121 yards 69.6 119
Middle 72 5711 yards 67.5 115
Middle (W) 72 5711 yards 73.2 130
Forward 72 5112 yards 64.6 108
Forward (W) 72 5112 yards 69.6 119

"Championship Golf at Summer Florida Rates"

TheoV's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/19/2019

Played the Gold Course at Tiburón and WOW what a nice place to enjoy the day. The service and staff friendliness was top notch. The range was well layed out. The course layout was interesting with doglegs, long holes (9 & 18), short holes, and nice variety of par 3s. The course challenging but not overly difficult. The pro shop is really nice and the beverage cart was awesome though beer is expensive. Highly recommend to play this course in the summer when rates are affordable.

"Not as Challenging as Expected"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2019
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The course itself was in excellent condition, no bad lies and perfectly rolling greens. However the bunkers were very hard like the pros expect them. They took some getting used to.

I played the 6100 yard Tiburon Tees. I found the course not very challenging as compared to my home course Cedar Hammock in Naples. Our white tees are about the same distance. Tiburon's fairways are very wide with no rough while the greens are not protected well with water and bunkers.

I still enjoyed the course but shouldn't have shot as well as I did (83) with several bad shots. A very forgiving course! If they added rough -- Watch Out!

"Great course"

Michael7580738's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/16/2019

This course was a lot of fun to play. There is no rough and the fairways blend right into the bunkers and waste areas. It was in fabulous condition, probably since PGA tournament was there a month before. We booked a tee time online for $203 which we thought was a touch high but was the crown jewel of our trip so we’re willing to splurge. The greens had just been sprayed and were noticeably darker than the rest of the course but they still rolled true and were quick. A lot of the fairway landing areas looked big but the slopes, firm conditions, and no rough made the fairways actually play narrower. Very cool design. Waste areas weren’t too difficult to hit out of. The deep sod layered bunkers are definitely to be avoided!! One downside would be the beverage cart prices. Paid $39 for a six pack of beer.

"Great Course"

BrianReicker's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/14/2019

Played the course recently and had a great time on a well manicured course. Very Challenging as to be expected. Recommend to play if in the area. I will be back.

"Great experience"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2019

First time playing here, and will definitely be back. A couple of the bunkers were being rebuilt, but it was a minor inconvenience. Played the black tees, and it was a lot of course. Would probably move up a set next round. Fairways, tees and greens were all in excellent shape. For late June in Florida the heat was manageable, and the twilight rate on Golf Now was definitely worth it.

deastaugh's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/27/2018

"Must Do!"

G8rtim's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2018

I try to make it to Naples at least once each year to play some of Naples great courses. Tiburón is a must do every year. Course conditions excellent, the layout, and the price in the summer, especially twilight.

I mean when it starts to rain and you sit in your cart and watch live PGA golf! Can’t beat that!!

mattb131's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/25/2018

Commented on 06/20/2018

Thank you for spending time with us and for leaving such a positive review. What is your favorite memory of your round?

"The course with no ruff"

jonwamp's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/27/2017

This course is on my top5 list for Naples when I come down for vacation, can’t wait to play it Again. I played the hole course if you no what I mean and still came away thinking what a great track.

Commented on 06/20/2018

Greg Norman didn't use rough when he designed The Gold Course. Come back and play the newly remastered Black Course. He did use rough on that layout. We have 36 holes here and look forward to seeing you again soon! Thank you for keeping us top of mind while you are in SW Florida.

"First time playing since reconditioning"

SlicerOfCranberry's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/01/2017

Have played this course many times since it opened. I was positively impressed by the condition of the greens and course overall after all of the work done this past year, not to mention Hurricane Irma.

Commented on 06/20/2018

Thank you for spending the day with us. Hurricane Irma was hard on us, but we were able to secure the facility and reopen shortly after the storm. Come back and see us soon and thanks again for your support!

"Great experience"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

great course for a great price this time of year. Enjoyable experience

Commented on 08/01/2017

Thank you for spending the day with us and for leaving such a positive review. We are glad you enjoyed the day and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Very playable tour course"

MikeBaileyGA's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/15/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

After a renovation last summer and fall, the Gold Course at Tiburon, home of the LPGA Championship and Greg Norman's Franklin-Templeton Shootout, is even more fun with new bunkering, new Tif-Eagle greens and general all-around improvements. Easier than the Black Course, there's plenty of room on most holes to hit driver and you can score out here if you play the right tees. The most beautiful enhancement, though, has to be the new Durabunkers, which have synthetic sod walls and give the course a certain Scottish look. The bunkers themselves require far less maintenance, too. As one of the few public options in the area, the Gold is worth checking out, even though it does come at a premium price.

Commented on 03/20/2017

The Gold Course is better than ever, and we are glad you enjoyed your round. Those bunkers are great, and provide a good target on a few holes. We are glad you got the chance to experience the Gold Course, and we look forward to seeing you in Naples again soon.

"Interesting layout in good condition"

jwitt's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/13/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

A friend and I played the course at around 1 pm on a Monday. It was a little windy but otherwise very pleasant. The staff was very kind and accommodating throughout the day. The course was in great condition, greens, tees and fairways were all perfect. The greens were rolling at about a 9 on the stimp I would guess. We waited on most holes but that was only because we were a 2-some; the round took around 4 hours 15 minutes. I would recommend going out later when the price drops and it is less busy. Also, disregard the reviews before 2016 because that is before the course was re-done. Overall great experience!

Commented on 03/18/2017

Thank you for spending the day with us and for sharing your experience here on Golf Advisor. The Gold Course was recently remastered and we are glad you enjoyed the layout. Have you had a chance to play the Black Course yet? Thanks again and we appreciate your continued support.

Commented on 03/18/2017

"I've played a lot of resort courses and this rates really well."

Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/24/2017

Tiburon rates high on my list of places to play. You can't beat southwest Florida weather in February and the facilities are 1st rate. The course was in excellent condition. i recommend that you put this on your list of places to play.

Commented on 09/27/2017

Thank you for spending the day with us. We are glad you enjoyed your experience and look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Absolutely beautiful"

Gabriel8871918's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/31/2016

Excellent course and layout. All the grass was pristine. Not sure why people gave this place a poor review in the past. I can not find anything negative to report. PS. This place has the largest squirrel species I've ever seen. Played from the back tees and really enjoyed the round. Forcaddie was awesome as well.

Commented on 03/20/2017

Thank you for spending the day with us and for leaving such a positive review. The courses are in great shape, and we are getting ready to remaster the Black Course. We are also glad to hear you enjoyed your caddie. Thanks again for coming out and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Over rated and priced"

Mimes's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Course was in poor condition, which would have been nice to know before we booked!
Probably caused by conditions but came away and really could not recall any hole that I said "wow great hole"
Clubhouse is outstanding which is sad that is the lone positive I can say about tiburon gold

Commented on 12/19/2016

It sounds like we dropped the ball in regards to playing conditions. We are sorry to hear that, and apologize for the condition of the course. That being said, we recently remastered the Gold Course and will be doing the same on the Black Course next year. Please email rpotts@troon.com so we can learn more about your experience. Again, we are sorry to hear and look forward to speaking with you soon.

"conditiins"

lamma1's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/01/2015

The staff was super friendly and the clubhouse is awesome but the driving range turf was awful the balls were awful and the putting green and the gold course greens had a turf disease and no one informed us of the poor conditions and for the price you pay for this course I expect the conditions to be much better they could have discounted the price

Commented on 12/21/2016

We are sorry to hear about your experience here at Tiburón Golf Club. Since you played the course, we have fully remastered the Gold Course and will be doing the same to the Black Course in 2017. In September Troon came on board and we have new range balls, a new general manager, director of membership and superintendent. In an effort to learn more about your day, please email rpotts@troon.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon and thank you for your continued support of Tiburón Golf Club.

"Actual time of round was 4 hrs. Course in great shape. Greens a little slow. Fun round. Played gold course."

baseball45's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 2/17/2013

Have played both Black and Gold courses many times and consistently in top shape. Service at Ritz is always top notch - as you would expect. Nice facilites.

Commented on 12/21/2016

Thank you for spending the day with us and for leaving such a positive review. If you played in 4 hours, you were ahead of pace. We love hearing that! Since your round, we have fully remastered the Gold Course and will soon be doing the same to the Black Course. The greens are as good, and as fast as ever! We hosted the LPGA and PGA TOUR earlier this year and everyone was raving about the course. Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

"course was well maintained."

Richard3700232's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 2/16/2013

Staff at pro shop made us feel like we were bothering them! I guess it was because we were not members there ! Starter had same attitude! WOULD NOT GO BACK !!!