Camisle Golf Club - Land of Legend

Golf Season: Mar 30 to Nov 1

Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard, American Express

Blue 69 5053 yards N/A N/A
Red 69 4697 yards N/A N/A

Great for locals   Challenges include thick rough water hazards

"Terrible course"

None's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2019

Greens were so slow it was like putting on carpet. Staff demanded cash only and had no options for other payments. No food or alcohol on course. What a waste of money.

Course Layout: Poor

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2018

"Abysmal"

Savuti's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2016
Previously played Walked Perfect weather

The course that time forgot. You might as well find a large school playground to hit a ball around. Greens were shaggy. Fairways were overgrown. Unbelievably poor. I'm not a golf snob, but this is one of the few courses I've told myself never to play again. Needs some TLC bad. Don't waste your time or money.

Course Layout: Poor

"Full course not open"

mpac12's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2016

We had to play only select holes of the 18 hole course and then play the 9 hole course to get a full 18 holes in. Lots of work to still be done. Fairways were quite long. A lot of dandelions.

"clear the greens & T boxes"

LEFTY99's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/31/2016
Previously played Walked Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

This course is 1 of 2 that are open for winter golf near the G.T.A. which is great but...golfing in the winter is fine depending on 3 things, 1- the temp, 2- the snow(how much), 3- if the greens & T boxes have been cleared of snow & ice. The fairways, the times I've played there were manageable in terms of snow and ice (after all it's winter). BUT THE GREENS, & T BOXES NEED TO BE CLEARED OF SNOW & ICE!!! what good is winter golfing, when putting is 50% or so of the game. I've played there many times over the years and still the management has yet to clear the greens & boxes. If you are going to open for winter golf, then at least clear the greens..& T boxes. They would receive more business in winter if the greens were cleared (golfers would have more fun which translates to more business) no matter what all golfers want the feel of value for their money. So please clear the GREENS & BOXES!

"Not even play free if y offerzz"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2015

Never go to that course no God to play not even grew are good forgot anout fairway

"great value; beautiful setting"

hpasa6's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2015
First time playing Played as a single Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I think this course has gotten a poor rap. As a single golfer, I really enjoyed this course on this beautiful day and for the price it is amazing value. The course is better kept than some of the reviews would lead you to believe. If you are a golf snob, this course is not for you - it has very old facilities but the fairways were well kept and the greens were for the most part in good shape. Some of the reviews had said rough was REALLY long- but I found it to be normal. A few of the greens had some dead patches but it wasn't bad. The course setting itself was lovely, serene, and the course was quiet so the pace was amazing. It was a great walking course. The two things that I note as shortfalls- but were not really big issues were 1) only two tee boxes- blue and red and 2) no markers for yardages at 50 or 100.

"Worst course I have ever played."

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2015
First time playing Played with a group Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

I probably lost about 4-5 balls in the FAIRWAY just because they were so overgrown. I did not see a single bunker on the entire course, the rough was nearly a foot in length, and the actual layout of the course was just terrible. There are no markings telling you how far you are, and the yardages off the tee are way off. There was no cart girl even on a 30+ degree day on a long weekend. The greens were half overgrown grass and half dead areas. My front lawn looks better than 75% of the course. I only paid $15 to play here but it would have been better to spend my time and money at the driving range rather than this sorry excuse for a golf course. If youre tempted to play here by a good deal do yourself a favor and dont!! It was the least enjoyable round of golf I've ever played.

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

"dont waste your time or money"

waykid1's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2015

Probrably the worst course in Burlington or surrounding area. There was no one there except kids so the pain was over fast. The fairways are like hitting off carpet over cement. I felt like i broke my wrist 3 times. The greens were pathetic. Would not recommend it to anyone at any price. This course needs some serious tlc.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"affordable, could be better maintained and the staff could be nicer"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/23/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

overall a decent course...fairly wide fairways, so can do without the extra sleeve of balls.
The golf cart rental can get a bit pricey - $36 for 18 holes. If buying from Golf Now, make sure you print the confirmation email - otherwise, the not so friendly staff makes a fuss about it.

"DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!"

bclark43's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Excellent weather

This course is the WORST! there is no fairway. just weeds and rough. the tee boxes are awful. The greens are filled with mushrooms , ant hills and big patches of dead grass and dirt. If you can think of something that would bother you about a course, this place has it. Now that being said, if you wanna take your kids out on the course and teach them to play, this is the place. There is nobody on it, ever. the place is a baron waste land. Its to bad, it used to be a great cheap place to get some swings in, but it is horrendous now. Shame.

"Brutal, DO NOT go."

dthompson52's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2015
First time playing Played as a single Walked Played 18 holes Good weather

Not worth the drive or money. Very deep rough, very few markers, terrible views. No kidding, it was like playing in a farmer's field that hadn't been kept up. Left after 5 holes it was so bad.

"A Fun Little Quirky Executive Course!"

tylerjames19's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2015
Previously played Played as a single Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Let's get a few things out of the way first: (a) if you're looking for lush fairways and immaculate greens, this isn't a course for you; (b) if you're looking for a course to take clients to, this isn't a course for you; (c) if you're looking for picturesque landscapes and backdrops for every hole, this isn't a course for you; (d) if you're a long hitter and expect to hit driver on all par 4's and par 5's, this isn't a course for you.

If you're looking for a course to practice the fundamentals of the game, challenge your iron accuracy, or to just go out for a day and hit a ball around a golf course pressure free, this is the course for you.

I hadn't played this course since I was a junior golfer (15 years ago) and I wanted to try it again for nostalgia. Even though the course was in rough shape in certain areas, I had lots of fun playing this course again. I will definitely return in the near future to work on my iron game.

I'm glad that I started learning the game at this course because it's difficult in it's own unique way. The greens are very small and most of them are raised (think Augusta-style domed greens). If you're looking for a course to challenge your iron play, this is the course.

If you're a long hitter (280+), almost every par 4 on the course presents itself as a risk-reward hole. The course was wide open when I played (saw 4 other people on the course at 2:00pm on a Saturday) so I was able to play both types of shots off every tee. If you're planning on going for the green off the tee, you better make sure accurate. Some fairways are no wider than 10 yards, and the vast amount of mature foliage does an excellent job at protecting par.

When I played, most of the greens could use some TLC as they were heavily damaged in some areas. All the greens run very slow, so they're very forgiving on errant chips and putts. I went to this course to work on my iron game and wedge play, so the conditions of the greens didn't bother me too much.

Playing this course for $20 or less makes many of the shortcomings of the course disappear. It serves a niche purpose as a great short-game practice course.

Thanks a lot for a great round! I'll definitely return for a few more rounds this season!

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Don't do it."

leftseat's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2015

Goat pasture. Enormous potential but severely neglected.

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

"Pay the extra $ and go somewhere else"

Cywmikey's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/27/2015

Thought it would be a good course for my wife who is just getting into golf, should have payed the extra $ and went to another course. Greens were horrible with most filled with either goose droppings or ant hills. Fairways were not cut , the "ruff" was just that ... Rough. Tee decks were just as bad. My biggest issue was the cost of a cart ,$36.

Do yourself a favour and go somewhere else.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"Terrible. Do NOT go. Conditions are horrible."

dthompson52's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2015
First time playing Played as a single Walked Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

First, I have played at a lot of courses. Often out of the way and off of the beaten track. This is the WORST course that I have ever seen or played. It's like someone tried to set up a course in the back field and then forgot things like a map, yardage markers, watering the greens or cutting the fairway. The rough was literally 3 to 4 feet high on some holes. If you have complete local knowledge you could work your way around it, but otherwise it's a complete waste of time and money. I'm surprised that Golf Now keeps it on the list of available courses. I had to stop after 5 holes. I played another course in the area and met 2 guys who had the same experience and vowed never to return.

"Worst Golf course I ever seen"

bjleehj's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2015

I did not play because a staff was so rude. Pro shop and other place were really bad condition. That was worst golf course I ever seen. She told me I was rude When I called she hang up the phone while we were talking.
When I were at the golf course she asked "Did you call in the morning" I said " Yes I did" She said "That is issue. I was rude." I asked " I asked about rain-check was that rude." And she yelling at me " If I do not step out I will call the police."

I really recommend you should take off the list on your web-site that golf course.

"Not quite sure what the course is designer for..."

fumippu's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2015

I wasn't expecting much but somewhat disappointed with their greens. Most par 3s are overly long, and par 4s are blind shots after blind shots. Most greens were terrible, elevated with slopes all going down, it would be hard to hold the green for beginners without proper chipping skills. Not sure if they are trying to be beginner's learning course or just making it difficult for anyone. I was confused.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"R.I.P. Camisle"

powell1366's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/27/2015
Previously played Played with a group Walked Played 18 holes Poor weather Verified Purchaser

Tried to play 18 holes on Saturday morning but we were rained out after 3 holes.
This course does not give out rain checks or any sort of bad weather compensation.
This is disappointing considering there is nothing else to offer from this course.
Everything is closed except the main office (no lights in washroom), no drink cart, no marshal, no halfway house after the 9th hole for refreshments.
The greens are battered and poorly (if at all) maintained and the fact that power carts are more than a round of golf does not give a golfer any reason to come to this course.
It is a sad shame since I have played this course for years and have seen it decline a bit more every year.
I believe it has finally reached its lowest point and I would strongly recommend people stay away from this course and just let it die in peace.
R.I.P Camisle.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"Course needs better maintenance."

ScottMick's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2015
First time playing Played with a group Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather

This was my first time playing this course. Unfortunately the score card, fairway markers, and signs were not very clear, so it was difficult to play shots and to navigate from hole to hole. The course's greatest fault was that it needed to be better groomed. Fairways were not cut short enough and the greens had a lot of ant hills and debris on them from the night before. The rough was very long, so shots needed to be super accurate. Balls hit well were difficult to find in the long fairway grass. This slowed play and led to some frustrating losses of golf balls that were hit in play. I also didn't like that you had to pay cash to get the golfnow.com price. This was not advertised by the course, so I wasn't prepared to pay in cash when I arrived at the pro shop. Unfortunately this was not the experience I had hoped for.