Sand Moor Golf Club

Year built: 1926
Architect(s): Alister MacKenzie (1926), Andy Watson
Type: Semi-Private

Practice bunker: Yes

Dress code: Proper attire is required.

White 71 6446 yards N/A N/A
Yellow 71 6017 yards N/A N/A
Red (W) 73 5584 yards N/A N/A

"location, location, location"

nocky69's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2019

beautifully set in north Leeds overlooking eccup reservoir, greens and fairways are in good condition. before play apologises were made by the staff for the works being done by the countryside commission on the trees but this didn't affect play.looking forward to playing in the summer.

"Booked a round did not get one"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/28/2019

I booked this tee at 7am website said course fully open . So paid the £42 for a 2 ball . Took 1 hour to arrive expecting a great day after reading about the course .

It was a cold morning and ground was hard but no frost on surface . We went in to pro shop the pro was very polite . I asked how the course was he said great which is how it looked . He then told us that all greens were closed until an inspection at 11am which never happened. We proceeded to play only to find no course info on tee boxes . Par 5s were shortened to one of them 280 yards and the holes dug in fairway where terrible . We got to the 8th hole par 3 which was completely closed . We then went to next tee at side of 8th again no hole info . We played the hole only to find out it was the 18th . I went in to pro shop again to ask where the 9th was lol . The pro then said all 4 par 3s were shut. We then walked to 9th and played on . Now I understand it is January and course conditions change day to day . But I booked this for a change and ended up hitting balls in a field for 14 holes . We even drove back to our little club hanging heaton so we could have a go at hitting to a green . Basically we did not get the product service we expected .

Course Layout: Poor

"Course with greate layout"

nigelw's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/26/2018
First time playing Walked Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

The layout of this course is very impressive with all the holes unique. the par 3s the highlight of the course. I only found 1 green for a second with my tee shots, as the ball rolled back into a bunker. We teed off behind a 4 ball, looked like we were in for a slow round (we were a 2 ball) at the second tee the 4 members let us through. We completed our round in 3 hours 20! I scored 34 points. I really enjoyed this course, the club house was friendly, the practise facilities looked good (not used)

Over all I was very impressed and look forward to a return visit.

"Amazing"

t1714677787's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/05/2017

First time visitor and it won't be the last.

Was a little worried as we had a night of rain the previous night you wouldn't have known.

Had a putt on the practice greens and commented on good it was, the greens on the course were even better - better than most greens I've played on during the summer. True, good pin positions and cut perfectly.

The course is set up fantastically with a great variation of holes, beautifully tree lined and very well positioned bunkers (all full of deep sand similar to a dried out summer bunker). Testing par 3's, playable par 4's and some visually amazing par 5's. Can't rate this course high enough.

Clubhouse was very welcoming too and busy for a Sunday afternoon.

All in all an amazing visit, would highly recommend and will be back in the summer if we can get a good deal.