Short Nine at Villages Golf & Country Club

Carts: Yes - $12

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire

Tees

White 27 723 yards N/A N/A

"Great place to use all your shots"

I5h5RrRmkaoNmeLe3yQp's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2019

The fairways are wide but the rough will cost you a shot. The greens are fast, and everything slopes to San Jose. Nestled in the San Jose South East Foothills, this is a very pretty course with trees, streams, lakes, waterfalls, and views. Although located in a community, homes are not intrusive and many holes have no homes adjoining the course. Nice Bistro for drinks and snacks afterward.

"Beautiful Course"

80LaWqfGKQc4UEmOgObh's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2019
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Ever since moving to The Villages almost five years ago, I decided to start playing golf. I started playing on the par 3 course, and now I've moved over to playing on the championship course with the long nine and 18 hole ladies clubs. I absolutely love our championship and par 3 courses. They are in great condition, the staff is great to work with, and it is so enjoyable to live here. Come play The Villages. You'll be pleasantly surprised!!

"Great Place to Live and play"

h6RBbusgtUbuZsPdOBKq's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2019

I moved to the Villages over 20 years ago. I thought it looked like Paradise from the moment I drove through the gate and I still do today. The thing that sold me was that when I first toured the Villages at around noon on an afternoon shotgun day, I saw golf carts coming out of the hills down to the course to play. I went home and told my wife "I found the place, you pick the house!". I could visualize a golf cart in my garage and I needed that! One of the nicest things for new members is that there several weekly games set up with random ABCD formats so new members get to meet many other Villagers very quickly.

"Classic Sinatra!"

KatieBooShaggers's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2019

Don't be fooled by the fact that this community is 55+; This course is a real Championship Golf Course!

Set in the foothills of Evergreen, this course has a multitude of elevation changes, both wide and pinching fairways, Sand Traps guarding the fairway landings and greens , Lakes and meandering creeks.

Even tho there's plenty of water, the architect has positioned them so there's always a bail out, and never requiring a forced carry. (Except of course, the two creeks fronting #9 and #18 which are just 4 feet wide but can catch more than their share of balls.

At 6600 yards and with 5 different tee boxes It's a fun to play course with plenty of challenge for all skill levels of players.

"Good track, you will use all your clubs"

jimbob44f's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/23/2017

The Villages is a Private Retirement Golf course that is always in very good condition. The greens are medium fast, the fairways always green and the traps are maintained well. If it were not for the Rocks in the traps I would give the course an excellent rating for conditions.

You have 5 choices for tees. They used to have colors, but since this is a retirement community and people are getting older and older they changed the colors to numbers and added a couple more tee boxes. This allows older guys to play closer without playing from the "red" tees. It was a good idea, as many have moved up as they should.

The course has plenty of sand traps, a few holes with lakes and lots of hard to read greens. If you get a chance to play there, you will enjoy it. They keep the rough fairly short as they don't want the members complaining. It works for me.