University of Georgia Golf Course

• www.golfcourse.uga.edu

Year built: 1968
Type: Public

GPS: Yes

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Bulldog 71 7258 yards 75.1 139
Silver 71 6444 yards 71.4 125
Silver (W) 72 6444 yards 77.9 141
Black (W) 72 5186 yards 70.9 123

Location is on a college campus worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers a bucket list/top 100 pick a weekend splurge   Challenges include elevation changes undulating greens plays long   Great for patio dining

dvfields's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2019

tonywilding's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2019

"Excellent layout friendly staff"

uscatm's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2019

Made a quick trip to Athens Georgia and wasn’t familiar with the courses in the area but felt was a must to try UGA since Bull Dogs are such proud fans. Was worth the time to stop and play course, nice Georgia Pine tree layout with rolling hills and undulations . Staff and group I was paired with were very hospitable couldn’t be more friendly. I throughly enjoyed the day. The course was well groomed considering it’s the beginning of the season and the greens rolled nicely and were firm enough with excellent speeds. Will definitely got back when I’m in the area and recommend playing here whenever you can.

"uga golf"

uVZOE8096VZ's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2019

beautiful course. super friendly staff, fine snack bar

Steve9738322's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/13/2019

holtonbarwick's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2019

Best practice facility in the area. The UGA golf course is a very challenging and hilly course with awesome greens. Be careful not to hit your approach to the wrong pin on number 9 & 18. Overall a top of the line course with great staff.

"Very Nice Place"

erogers22's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/01/2018
Previously played Walked Wet weather

Great layout of a course, very difficult when wet and windy, but a fair course for beginners and professionals.

"Great test"

Bfrankhouser's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2018

Great layout. Long par fours, tough par threes, greens have several tiers. Rough was high, greens were soft and rolled good. A few more ball marks because of soft greens. Fun but tough track.

"Great conditions and fun layout"

danielbfarmer's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/15/2018

First time playing the UGA course and it was well worth the hour plus drive from Atlanta. The course was in great shape from tee to green. Looking forward to playing this course again soon.

"Lay out very good"

I hope better condition next time9

"Great course!"

moondawg73's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/23/2018

I love the layout and condition of the UGA course! This course is a beast! The greens are rolling good, but are being aerated June 26-28. I always play this one a few times per year to keep myself humble. The fairways are in great condition. I’m not fond of the kids working in the clubhouse, because they’re normally rude, but generally throw in a condescending “Sir” to act like they aren’t being rude. The starters are usually nice older guys. Having said that, once you get away from the clubhouse, you will be in a different world. This course has it all, for those that like a challenge.

Commented on 07/13/2018

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to give an honest review of our golf course. We will definitely pass along your kind words to our maintenance staff... they do a phenomenal job keeping the course in great condition. We are, however, sorry to hear that you had a bad experience interacting with one of our staff members. Our mission is to treat customers with respect, and we hope that you'll give us another opportunity to do so.

"Excellent course!"

moondawg73's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2018

I love this course, and try to play it several times a year. I have never liked the staff, but they did have a very nice, and friendly starter. I don’t like the service in Athens, in general, because rude, entitled, college students gripes me. However, once you get away from the clubhouse I find that this course is like no other. It’s in great shape, but still wet from the weeks of rain. Greens are firm and rolling good.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2018

"Great course"

VanBreezy's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2018

Tough layout once you are on the putting greens the fun starts. Very undulating and fast

Commented on 05/27/2018

You are exactly right! Our greens will challenge even the best putters. Do your best to stay below the hole. Thanks for the review!

"Very Challenging, long, great course"

RettJ's avatar
Georgia Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

This course has the VERY BEST practice facility of any course I have ever played. The driving range has plenty of targets to hit to. Great pitching and chipping area, along with practice bunkers, etc. I wish I lived closer because this would be my regular practice area.

Once I finished up at the practice area, I headed to the first tee and the practice green to hit several putts. Once again, the practice green was in excellent shape. The greens are firm and fast.

I was paired with with a UGA student who just started working at the course last week as a cart attendant. The pace of play was terrible. On the front nine we had to wait after every single hole as the course jam packed.

This is one of the most challenging and fun courses I have played in quite some time.

The fairways are fast, sloped and narrow. I was amazed at the amount of elevation changes at the course. The greens were some of the most challenging greens I have ever played. Every single green has lots of slopes, undulations, peaks and valleys .

Have fun and enjoy this very challenging course with pristine, firm, and fast greens. Comparable to any PGA course I have played.

Commented on 05/27/2018

Thank you very much for your very thoughtful and complimentary review. We are sorry the pace of play was not what you had hoped for. We do send rangers out to monitor play, but if you ever get in that situation again, please do not hesitate to call the golf shop. Glad you enjoyed our practice area and course. Our maintenance staff does an outstanding job keeping the course is great condition. We hope to see you back out soon.

"PGA Level Layout"

RobertMatthewGolden's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2018
First time playing Walked Perfect weather

I finally made the drive today and got to play nine at the UGA golf course. This might be my new favorite course.

First, it's extremely walking friendly, which is hard to find these days at public courses. I enjoyed a lovely stroll through the parkland course.

Secondly, the layout is a big, challenging stage to test all handicaps. I chose the tips to really test myself, and it provided all the challange I was interested in, but is very playable at any skill level.

Lastly, the conditioning was so good. The bent greens were running at 11.9 on the stimp, and the entire course was firm and fast. The green complexes were very interesting & dramatic.

I can't wait to get back and check out the rest of the course, but this place is already a favorite of mine. I kinda don't want to tell anyone about it :)

Commented on 05/27/2018

Thank you for the great review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed the course so much. You are correct, our course is walking friendly...it is hilly in spots, but you'll never walk very far from green to tee. As you say, definitely a nice stroll in the park. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018

"beautifully difficult golf course"

uVZOE8096VZ's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/20/2018

beautifully difficult course, excellent greens and generally in excellent shape, pace of play is ok , slow today because it was cart path only, staff is excellent

Commented on 05/27/2018

Thank you for your kind review. Cart path only does slow things down for us and we apologize for that. Thankfully our course drains very well, so it is rare to see cart path only for more than a day or two after a heavy rain. Hope to see you at the course again soon!

"Simply one of the best you can play in GA"

jtharris18's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2018

Perfect day on a stellar course. Greens running true and very fast. Course conditions excellent. With the $37 Senior Rate it's almost impossible to beat. The only negative is the pace of play. It was a 5 hour round. But when the track is this nice, you don't care as much.

Commented on 05/27/2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your kind review. We are sorry the pace of play was not where it should have been the day you played. We are blessed with a lot of play on our course, but that can lead to slower playing conditions on the busiest days. We are thankful that you consider our senior rate a great value, even with the slow play. We will continue to do our best to keep our rounds to 4.5 hours or less.

"UGA Welcome Home Round!!"

manderson831's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/24/2018

Well I had the pleasure of playing UGA's Golf Course for the very first time. I'm a UGA Alum and thoroughly enjoyed my round on Saturday, February 24th. I found a last minute deal on Golf Now. Once arriving at the course, check in was very easy and the staff was friendly. I let the Pro Shop know that I'm an Alum and was able to procure the Alumni weekend rate. Pro Shop was filled with all the UGA Paraphernalia that you can want for a Golfer. I purchased the Yardage Book and also a Switchblade Divot tool as well.

Once I finished up in the Pro Shop, I proceeded to the get my cart and head over to the Driving Range to warm up. The Range facilities were in excellent shape and the range attendant directed me to the 2 Chipping areas along with the space to warm up. Once I was finished on the Range, headed over to the 1st Tee to check in with the Ranger.

I was paired with a threesome who had played the course before and gave me tips on the various holes as we played the round. The pace of play was excellent (we only had to wait once on the Par 3 on the Back 9) as some golfers were Walking and others were using the carts. I noticed immediately that the first few holes were a warm up and the challenges of the course presented itself. You definitely have to be precise on your Tee shots and (IMO) take what the course gives you. I met a great group of guys playing my round and had an excellent time!!

My advice is to book a round at UGA and have fun. I will definitely return with my normal playing crew or even Solo. Always good to come home to Athens!

Commented on 05/27/2018

Thanks for your great review! We are glad you finally got to play your collegiate course. We hope you plan to play our course again the next time you are 'home' in Athens!