Barrington Hall Golf Club

Dress code: Shirts must be worn at all times.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Black (W) 72 5715 yards 73.4 130

"Good value, needs some work."

onemilmhz's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/09/2017

The staff is friendly and $10 for 18 is hard to beat. It was a little crowded but pace was fine. Some of the traps are lost causes, and the cat paths are atrocious, but the overall experience was good.

"August 2017"

rescuedawg's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

Fun layout. The course needs work but the greens are OK. The staff is very friendly and honest. The price was right. Have fun!

"Ehhhhhhh"

Jflanders2424's avatar
Age:  Under 25

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

I guess for the money it's alright. But the greens were like most fairways in other courses. Couldn't read the speed or slope. Fairways had about more weeds than grass.

"Good price"

goodsaid's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Greens bumpy with weeds. Narrow fairways bordered by thick forest. Lost a lotta balls. Cart path in awful shape. Still lots of fun.

"good value"

goodsaid's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Very rough conditions off the fairways. Cart path needs many repairs. Greens fairly fast. I shot 101 & find course challenging. Lost 6-7 balls. Friendly people. Great views. Fun outing.

"Working hard to get better"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/01/2017

We have played this course off and on for the last few months and every time we play it gets better the staff is working real hard and it show. Great Job !!!!

"Getting Better"

SeamusMaccDuff's avatar
Georgia Advisor

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Barrington is coming around slowly but surely. The conditions are better overall, bunkers are hit or miss (but you can play as GUR), greens hard but puttable. Course layout is great with undulating fairways and multiple doglegs. Very friendly staff. Give it a go.

"Great Experience"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

Very friendly staff, the course needs some work but the people are very friendly and make you feel at home.

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2017

Ground too hard and lack of grass. Greens were very rough

"Good course for the price"

Snuffy59's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

Course was good but the sand trap look like Georgia red clay, very hard bUT overall good course, would play again

"Great course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2016

Course layout is excellent ..fair way could use alittle work..tee box shot is real tight on some holes..we enjoy it

"$10"

briansmith10's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/08/2016

For $10 I would play it again, but I wouldn't pay more. Course is on really bad shape. There were se real tboxes that were so compacted I literally couldn't get a tee in the ground. Sand traps had weeds as high as 6' growing out of them.

My understanding is it is under new management and it's apparently I much better shape today than it was when they took over 6 months ago.

"Bad Shape"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

This course use to be a healthy course to play. But it has gone down hill over the years and is in extremely bad shape. First, the cart paths are unbelievable. All I can is I felt like I was driving through an obstacle course. Very rough, very rough!!!! The paths are in very bad shape. Hitting from the fairways is like hitting off of concrete. Extremely hard with red clay. Greens were needing some TLC. Fungus all around. You can see the neglect the course has received over the years. Pulling up to a tee box and the small wire trash can, the hole board with yardage and water cooler box stand has not been cut around for I don't know how long. Weeds, weeds, weeds. Bunkers, might as well just pick your ball up and throw it up onto the green. No sand, pure clay.

"Barrington Hall"

Jerry4440095's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/07/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

A good course, with a few great challenges. A great layout Going to play when the weather is better, and the fairways are back. Greens were in very good shape considering the time of season. Will play again, and it was worth the money. It is a tight layout on some holes, and you will need to hit it straight, also, several holes, four,five water will be in play.

"good value for a winter round of golf"

demarja's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/06/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 9 holes Fair weather

My son and I played in early February. The fairways were dormant and the greens a little rough but very playable for the winter. The area has had a lot of rain but the course was dry except for #18 off the tee. The bones of the course has very good structure and a little manicure in the spring would make this a good challenge to play. We played from the blue tees and I shot 88 and my son 85 for the first time playing the course I am an 11 hdcp and 66 years old and plan to return in the spring for another round.

"Only a better golfer can appreciate this course!"

charles8362317's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/14/2014
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather

First of all, this course is much improved since the last ownership change...I say keep up the good work guys!
The fairways could be punched, and there are still issues with the cart paths, and areas that really don't come in to play for the better golfer. You can tell,.. their main focus has been the greens, and lets face it,....this is where you score, Thanks again guys!. This is a great layout, and if you keep it straight off the tee, you can score here. I can see where some past reviews were negative, since they appear to be coming from higher handicap players.....my meaning in that, if you get off the fairways here, you are really asking for trouble. But if you hit it straight, and can pick from some marginal lies, you can score here!
The traps are in poor condition, but they have been fixing and putting new sand in them.....if I were owner, this would be the primary focus, as well as the cart paths. Another gripe I have,....I have never had to wait for a golf cart in my 40 years of playing,.....come on guys,...get some more carts. It would only take a little more investment to make this an outstanding venue! A hot dog machine and fountain would be an easy start to a reasonable snack bar, and a revenue maker as well!
And yes, the range will be a huge plus once it reopens.
When I play here, I take a trash bag and pick up 20+ beer and pop cans thrown everywhere,....few players fix their divots,...and few players repair ball marks...Get with the program guys, do your part and it will be a better experience for all!!!!

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"Possibly the worst course in the Middle Georgia area"

Jrsmith301's avatar
Age:  Under 25

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2014

Oh where to begin? I've been playing this course for a few years now occasionally, but only started playing here and at Bowden Golf frequently over the past 5 months and the quality of this course has declined so much that it is virtually unplayable.

Pros: It's a VERY easy course. I'm by no means a pro, but I shoot 82-89 here consistently, as opposed to 90-95 at Bowden. Lots of wide open spaces and very hilly. Lots of par 4's. Yep that's about it.

Cons:
1. let's start at the beginning. They don't have a driving range. "Oh that's not too bad it's not a big deal" some might say. It's a huge deal. Name a pro sport, or a sport in general where the athletes don't warm up beforehand. Can't? Point proven. It's impossible to play well when your body is ice cold. When driving past the range it's evident that nobody has used it for over a year or more. It's completely overgrown. Just last week I called up to see if their range would be open and they said, verbatim, "Well, it's only been closed for a month or so but because it's so wet we can't cut the grass". The staff lied about that because I know for a fact it hasn't been operational for more than 6 months AT LEAST and they aren't making an effort at all. Funny how Bowden Golf Course can cut their grass after it rains though.

2. The fairways are ATROCIOUS. Imagine a normal fairway at a higher end course. You're about 150 yards out and you pull out a 7i or an 8i expecting to get under the ball and lift it into the air onto the green. Every single course I've ever played has allowed me to scoop up under the ball, oftentimes slicing up a nice patch of grass. Not so here. Imagine your ball is on concrete. That's how easy it is to get under the ball at Barrington. I just called and told the desk person about it and I asked if they ever water the fairways and he stopped and said "were the fairways not good today?" They've been terrible for the last 4 months. He then assured me they would water them tonight. Shouldn't they have done that BEFORE Father's Day? Not to mention that there's more dirt and clay on the fairway than actual grass.

3. The greens. Oh wow are they garbage. Between the fungus that's eaten most of the greens and the fact that the grass on the actual green is longer as the standard fringe grass everywhere else, it's awful. It's like putting through shag carpeting with some pebbles thrown in. So many putts were lined up straight at the hole only to hit a bump or a patch of dirt/taller grass and BOUNCE a different direction, inches before the hole, essentially robbing me of a nice stroke. That doesn't happen anywhere else I've played. The greens are horrible. A little bit better than they were back in February, but not much at all

4. The cart path. Imagine someone came along with a jackhammer and just destroyed the concrete everywhere. That's the cart path. Now I understand concrete is expensive, they only charge $15 to play, so it's not always their fault, but it never used to be this bad. 100% of the time it's a smoother ride to drive on the course itself than the path. Maybe that's why the fairways feel like hard dirt when I hit off of them. Today alone I saw 3 different bags fall out of other peoples carts due to the destroyed cart path jostling around It also happened to me, damaging my putter face as it hit the concrete.

Too long; Didn't read? Here's the shortened version.

Barrington Hall charges $15 for 18 holes. With the condition of the fairways, the cart path, and the greens, it's not worth a single cent. They never water the fairways, so it's like playing off concrete for every single shot, the greens have more potholes in them than Seal's face, making a straight putt literally impossible to sink. Also the sandtraps. They aren't sandtraps at all. It's all hard dirt/mud.

I'm a competitive person, even against myself. Always trying to do better and be better at everything I do. It's impossible to play well at this course. Don't believe me? Go play a round at Oakview or Bowden or another course that costs more than $25 and then play here. You'll understand. But until management of this course gets it's act together, they've lost my business, my golfing buddies' business, and my father and his friends' business.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"Worst Course I've Ever Played"

mth21305's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2014
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

This has got to be the best course ive played in my entire life. The greens are full of debris. I removed a stick and a pine cone out of my way on hole 11 green and it left and indention in the green so guess they dont mow them very often obviously. The course has tall weeds in the fairways and the rough is the roughest rough ive seen yet. Sand traps are sandless with a clay bottom, and the cart paths are heaved and over grown, I actually just stopped using the paths and just drove the cart down all the fairways. Trees line both sides of all holes which is ok, but if you have a slice, forget about it. The facilities were average and the staff is ok, took them 20 minutes to find a key for the golf cart.The "pro shop" has a few random clubs and if your hungry they have plenty of gatorade, soda and chocolate bars! I dont think ill be going back to this place. Its a shame, if the owner actually took care of this course it would be a nice, fun place to play. Paid $25 to play 18, and I still feel like I over paid!

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"This is course is in good conditions."

thillmon's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2013

The Greats are in good shape. The Fairways are nice.

"the course need some work the bunker was clay not sand. the water coolers w tempas cold but only had about four for the whole course with"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 8/3/2013

The cart path need repair. The bunker need sand not clay you can break your wrist its like sement.