Southbridge Golf Club

Practice bunker: Yes
Golf school / academy: Yes - "Jones Savannah Golf School"

Dress code: Proper golf attire. No blue jeans will be allowed. Men are required to wear golf shirts.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city near the airport worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks

"This course is in desperate need of attention."

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2019

The staff was wonderful, the greens are useless. Between the lack of grass, and weeds, the greens are more like putting on a sand zen garden than green. They were rolling the sand when we were out there which was interesting, but honestly they need seed and water desperately. We played auto two putts because the greens were honestly that bad. Other parts of the course are in desperate need for repair also, water fills 3/4 of the bunkers and even the tee boxes need grass and seed. The layout of the course is great if they put some money into it, I would consider coming back.

Commented on 06/17/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are glad to see you rated our staff members to be great during your round. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Southbridge Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Andy6813111's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2019

"This course has great staff"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2019

The course was in great shape, staff was friendly and food and drinks were top notch.

"A little pricey for the conditions"

Rke6327953's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2019

Course is very dry. Greens are ok but fairways and tee boxes are rock hard from lack of water. We haven’t had much rain in quite a while but the course should be watering and if they are it sure doesn’t show. There is little to no grass on the fairways in many places and it makes good shots difficult. Some of the fairway bunkers are not being maintained either. I have really enjoyed this course in the past but to pay $50 to play on a Saturday and bring a friend to a “nice” course this round was a little disappointing.

Commented on 05/21/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us at Southbridge Golf Club. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will use it to make the necessary improvements to the course. Our golfers overall experience is extremely valuable to us and we hope that you will give us another chance to show you how we've improved. Thank you for your choosing our course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Gone down hill"

dawg2015's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2019

At one time this was a nice golf course but it has gone down hill recently. The layout is still good and the fairways have some grass but it’s very dry and hard. A shell of what it used to be which is a shame.

Commented on 05/13/2019

Hello dawg2015, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Southbridge Golf Club. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years but are very sorry to hear your recent experience with us may have been poor due to the course conditions. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements, and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

"An absolute goat ranch"

Craig3343497's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2019

This was obviously a a well thought out layout by Rees Jones that has become laughable. It is the worse conditioned course I've played in decades. Visiting Savannah with friends and wanted to get a round in. Paid $49 and was maybe worth $15. I'm with the previous reviewer, if I owned property on that course, I'd be livid. Run, don't walk-this experience sucks out loud.

"Terrible"

mslaughter1201's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2019

This course is a disaster. Should close until “playable”. A real dig track. We quit after 5 holes. Didn’t go into clubhouse to complain. Worried about being arrested after I vented. Even cart paths were a disaster. I’ve seen cow pastures in better shape.

Robert2280296's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2019

"Absolutely HORRIBLE"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2019

Could not believe how BAD this course has gotten! The conditions are horrendous and it’s obvious the owners don’t care anything about maintaining or improving the course. It’s so sad that this was once the second or third best course in Savannah! I feel sorry for the homeowners as I’m sure this course brings down the property values. The owners and staff should be ashamed that the course is even still open for play - it’s that BAD!!!

Course Layout: Poor

Commented on 04/24/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Southbridge Golf Club. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years but are very sorry to hear that your recent experience with us was poor. We greatly value your feedback and will continue to make the necessary improvements to your overall experience with us. We hope that you would give us another chance to improve upon the course and hope that you will notice some of these improvements. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2019

Commented on 04/22/2019

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Any further information on how we can improve would be greatly appreciated. We will make note and we hope to see you back at South ridge Golf Club!

"Nice Course, Friendly Staff"

Jim9783343's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2019

First round of the year for me, came down from up north and took advantage of a hot deal. A good layout within a nice residential community. The houses aren’t really in play for the most part which is nice. Was the first one off (alone) so I buzzed right around. Fast greens, plenty of bunkers with good sand. For this time of the year conditions were decent. The cart paths could use some work but all in all a very enjoyable experience.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2019

"Pre meeting round"

arobbi77's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2019

Played with a friend prior to a meeting in Savannah. Had played here a couple of years ago and was slightly disappointed with the conditions. It may be just coming out of winter, but certainly not as good as 2 years ago. Still enjoyed the round, the pace of play was great and the greens were ok. Location is excellent in relation to Interstate and downtown Savannah. Pro-shop attendant was very cordial.

"Greens and back up on somebody holes"

Reyn's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/09/2019

Greens were fast. Some of the teeboxes were backed up and crowded due to everyone playing golf. May want to go real early or later on in the afternoon.

"Needs a little love"

maugsdorfer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/02/2019

The layout is terrific, and the course is a good value, but it needs some maintenance. The greens were bumpy and irregular, but perhaps that's to be expected given the season. Fairways were in good shape, but bunkers, tee boxes, and other areas need cleaning and maintenance. Some of the cart paths were crumbling as well. With a little work, this could be a top-notch golf course.

"Un organized."

Gary6656's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/25/2019

I don't know if they over booked, or just a lot of bad golfers. Five and a half hours to play 18 holes is un heard of. You don't start people off both sides. They end up meeting in the middle! The course was in very good condition. Greens a little slow. The only negative was the slow play.

"over price"

lovecyn's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/15/2019

love the course, but that friday as parts of the weekend sucks. $50.00 is to much. $35.00 mon - friday and 45.00 on the real weekend, these are fair prices for SB. right now henderson golf course is charging $35.00 plus tax. in short if, you lower the price they will return. thanks, a use-to-be happy customer.

"Old and Tired"

Chuck2063203's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/11/2019
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

My 4 star ratings for this course are mostly due to the lack of anyone else playing which presented us the opportunity to go out a half hour earlier than scheduled and finish in under 3 1/2 hours.

This very old course may have seen it's heyday back in the 70's. The clubehouse and pro shop were empty except for a guy checking us in. And at the turn he was lying on the couch in the lounge.

For the time of year the course itself was in decent shape, but you could tell it had seen better times with not much recent maintenance.

I would not recommend this course to visitors but it may be okay for locals.

Commented on 03/08/2019

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review us here at Southbridge Golf Club. We are pleased to see you were happy with the pace of play on the day of your round and that you had an overall enjoyable experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/06/2019

Nice lay out , but ourselves is ery untidy. Needs much grooming

"winter golf in savannah"

pkf914's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/04/2019

this is one of my favorite courses. i know the cart paths are not great so what, drive a little slower. this is a fun course with a varied layout including some elevation changes. it is not a flat course like many of the low country courses. short and long par 3/4s, doglegs and water. the back 9 is especially fun. it had rained the day before so the fairways were wet and combined with winterthin. the greens were fast and true. definitely will returrn.