Mere Creek Golf Course

3.8192352941 3.8 stars from 5 (24)

Carts: Yes - included in green fee
Caddies: No

Indoor practice facilities: No
Simulator: No

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Mere Creek Golf Course was originally built as a nine-hole course at the former Brunswick Naval Air Station, reserved exclusively for military personnel, veterans, and their guests. The course is now open to the public, offering a challenging but fair test for all skill levels. The holes are somewhat lengthy, which can prove to be tricky off the tees, but the approach shot is more straightforward. Good placement on your first shot and a good drive will guarantee success on almost every hole. The course is far from being flat but it is still an enjoyable walking course. It is great for beginners and casual golfers looking for some practice before taking on a tougher golf course. The casual atmosphere and affordable rates add to Mere Creek's popularity.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2019

"They have a driving range"

PETERMUHDE's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2019
Previously played Walked Wet weather

They have a driving range with real grass to hit from. They have a nice little putting green where you can work on chipping and sand. It's too early in the Maine season to talk about the course. When you consider that the whole state was still covered in snow just a little more than a week ago---it's in nice shape. Everything is very soft--but--there still are no bugs! It's a great place to work out the kinks. Let's face it--just like the course still needs some early spring attention--so does our bodies and our game. Why drop nearly 100 dollars someplace--when you can come here for less than 20 and get the same wake-up call.

None's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/05/2018
Previously played Walked Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

"Very enjoyable"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2018

We were greeted politely. I’m a fairly new golfer, and I’m very happy to say, I shot a 47, to my husbands 46. We paired up with two older gentlemen, Riley and Rick, to help speed up the pace of play. There was a young foursome ahead of us, walking, and they should have let us play thru, but didn’t. So we paired up with the two gentlemen. Two very nice men to golf with. Over all, we will definitely play this corse again.

"Wet and Slow 1st Nine 2nd Nine Fine"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/13/2018

Arrived at course 45 minutes early for a late morning tee time. Was advised that ladies group was just arriving and heading out. Desk person suggested I go to driving range or putt around for a while.

When I went to tee box later, 2 other golfers were waiting to go, about 20 minutes after their scheduled time. They asked if I wanted to join them. As we went off, the course was very wet from light rain and fog, which was lifting quickly. No sooner after we hit our first shot we were slowed down to a snails pace, due to slow play ahead. We didn’t space out until the 8th hole. The other two fellows were only playing nine holes. I continued my play and headed back to the 1st tee. Sun dried up course and conditions were much improved. There was nobody in front of me and played the first 5 holes at my own pace, which was about 3 times faster that my first nine. At the 6th hole I caught up to a threesome who allowed me to play through!! Finished round in 1/12 hours. Big improvement from earlier!!

"Suprised at Arrival"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2018

Booked through golfnow and selected late morning tee time. Reservation was completed and I received a confirmation. I arrived at Mere Creek about 50 minutes ahead of tee time. I was advised by staff that I would not get my 18 hole reserved round in because they had previously scheduled a tournament in the early afternoon. They indicated I may be able to complete about 15 holes. Seeing I was mildly confused, he offered a 25 % discount and we decided to stay and play, as much as time would permit. Fortunately, we got 14 holes in before the shotgun start people began to show up at our tee boxes. Golfnow should have been advised and not taken our 18 hole reservation!! The course should have seen this and called me about the conflict. It was a perfect day to play golf and we would have enjoyed playing a full round.

It was a beautifully warm, calm day, the course looked great. Fairways could have been mowed a little better and the ruts should be filled in cart travel would not be so rough. The fifth hole tee area, near the swamp, we’re inundated with small black biting flying bugs of some sort. They attacked me making it very uncomfortable trying to get them off my arms and legs. Tee boxes and greens, in general, were nicely maintained.

All in all a pretty good golfing experience!!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/24/2018

"A steal for the price"

Dmelroy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2018

Played for $10 on a Hot Deal and it was good a value as I’ve ever played. Completely serviceable In everyway. Nothing spectacular, great for newcomers to the sport. Would play this everyday of the week for $10 though.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2018

"Second Time"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/21/2018

Played for 2nd time and I’m starting to figure out the course. 18 holes; whites first nine, green last nine. Found course in very nice condition. Greens were pretty fast, fairways nicely mown, rough a little longer than I like.

Staff very congenial and helpful.

Play on front nine was slow due to women’s outing, all foursomes. Fortunately they played nine only!!

Like first time, other golfers asked me to join, which made play more enjoyable and helped with time.

Will be back probably once a week until we return to Florida for the winter.

"Great Course Orientation from Great Staff"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2018

First time at Mere Creek, enjoyed the round immensely! When I arrived the lady who checked me in was fantastic! She spent about five minutes explaining the course, hole by hole. Even telling me where the bad sections were and locations of the water stops. This was the best welcome to a course I’ve ever received!!! The putting green was in excellent shape with a wide variety of angles and slopes. The course, 9 holes played twice, was challenging yet attractive. A threesome ahead asked me to join them. Very enjoyable first nine. Second time around played by myself. Stay in fairway, rough is very rough. Greens were in good condition and quite fast. Don’t be in a big hurry when playing, since it slows down due to 9 hole format, especially on a nice day!! I understand the course was an old Naval Base course and was in horrible condition when a developer bought it years ago. Looks like they’re doing “all the right things” to get and keep it in shape!!! Will definitively play again, hoefully with better results and improved score!!!!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2018

celtsrdavis12's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2018

"Mere Creek after the rain"

Jfgay's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2018
First time playing Used cart Verified Purchaser

Tried to play a quick 9 on a nice weekday afternoon around 3:30 .. Got good deal from Golf Now $20 with cart . Staff pleasant - told them my first time playing there ."There is the first tee" . Course was in decent shape for so early in season. next to old air base so very flat - drainage was fair - some areas were very wet . Not very crowded but groups in front of me were slower than expected on certain holes . Good course for the price .

"A fun course to play"

None's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2017
Previously played Walked Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

We walked this course for the 9 holes and its very nice to get some good leg mussels working, but its not a tough course to walk at all.

"Poor course conditions"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2017

I am going to give this course a poor rating because now it is all dried up and the fairways are mostly dirt in a lot of areas. They are not watering, they have the water but not using it.

"Fun local course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2017
Previously played Walked Hot weather

This course is a nice course to have in your back yard. Always fun to play. Staff is friendly.

"a nice place to work on your game"

PETERMUHDE's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2017

I live only 15 minutes from this course. I just retired in this area---so I figured I would give it a try-- I just got out of the Army ( you see alot of golf courses) my last assisgnment was in Arizona---lots of great golf courses---this place is not one of them

It is a quite simple place in very good shape. The greens are in wonderful condition--most of the fairways are in very playable condition---some spots need some extra care. The rough is just but fair--( that's why they call it the rough) Bunkers are well maintained. If you are a beginer--come here--the driving range is real grass--not those dumb mats--- the course will make you remember what you have to do to be a success. If you are a more experienced golfer--then---it's 20 bucks---go there and work on your game--then eat a hot dog--complain about things in general and enjoy a very relaxing day. very near Brunswick-10 minutes off 295

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2017