Crumpin-Fox Club

Caddies: No

Practice bunker: Yes
Indoor practice facilities: Yes
Simulator: Yes

Dress code: Proper attire is required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers a bucket list/top 100 pick entertaining clients   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining amazing food

"Worth the trip"

backbay's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2019

Hadn't played the course in many years and it didn't take long to remember how great a golf course it is. Definitely a second shot course as many greens are elevated and all are well bunkered. Greens were in great shape and fast. Have been on a tree removal program so seems more open than before. Enjoyed it so much we played it twice in 4 days. All staff are professional from the time you're met in the parking lot until you leave the property. Will definitely be playing again this season

"Great experience"

RMakely's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2019

The course was great, the staff was helpful and polite. We had a great day

We also visited the on site restaurant and enjoyed a super after golf lunch.

I was visiting from Colorado and picked the course from the golf now website, I was very pleased!

"Great course,Slow"

Dave8601477's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2019
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

Dissapointed they has no ranger. We had to follow another twosome. The first hole the guy was on the green in 12 shots and did not pick up. We waited 2 to 4 min. on every shot all day. You know what that does to your game. The course is exceptional. The best in Mass. if you ask me. We drove over an hour to get there and it is worth every minute. This is a MUST try golf course.

"Great experience"

lpea777's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2019

Course is very nice. It has a great layout, very picturesque, and very fair. The fairways are in great condition and wide enough to not have to be perfect with every short. The greens are fast and challenging and somewhat elevated, A real treat for any golfer.

"Great Experience"

lpea777's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2019

Today was my first time playing Crumpin-Fox which is about 1 hour and 20 minutes from my house. I have heard so many good things about this course and had to give it a try. Let me say that it was well worth the drive. The course is beautiful, the staff is very friendly and it was a wonderful golfing experience. I highly recommend playing here!

"Looking forward to the next time I have the opportunity to play again"

Eduardoromero's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2019

From when I pulled into the parking lot when I was greeted by a young man who took my bag out of my car and placed it on the cart, to the stunning scenery and condition of the course, I was completely impressed with all this course had to offer. Very challenging, course. Pace of play was great, I had.an 8:27 am tee time, and all staff were cordial and friendly. The 3 gentlemen I was paired up with were kind enough to assist with helping me find my ball on multiple occasions, thank you. I even had the chance to gather some info on youth camp offerings from the super nice young lady in the pro shop. Five stars all the way.

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/16/2019:

Thank you for rating your first round of golf at Crumpin-Fox Club 5-stars, Eduardo! We happy to hear you were paired with a helpful group and are looking forward to having you back for another great experience again soon!

"Good round"

siera1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2019

Would have been a great round. Foursome ahead of our twosome was clueless. Would not wave us through . Could have used a ranger as back 9 pace was terrible with 1 group backing everyone up.

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/16/2019:

Thank you for your feedback on your last round siera1. We appreciate your review on your experience!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2019
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/16/2019:

Thank you for rating another great round of golf at Crumpin-Fox Club 5-stars!

"Great golf cousre"

dancosgrove's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2019

Outstanding experience at this beautiful golf course in northwest corner of Massachusetts. Golf course is beautiful, with pristine conditions and challenging Robert Trent Jones design. Staff is very friendly and professional. We paid $61/each with golf cart and range balls on a beautiful Saturday morning in July. We played the Gold tees at around 5900 yards but 138 slope. Greens are fast but very consistent across all 18 holes. Beautiful pro shop and great restaurant with back deck overlooking the 18th green. The value far exceeds the price. We'll be back!

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/09/2019:

Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience from your first visit to Crumpin-Fox, Dan! We're glad your group enjoyed your round and we look forward to having you back again!

"First time at Crumpin-Fox"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2019

I expected more from the course. The greens were in good shape, fairways and tee boxes were average. Staff was polite the only issue there was at the turn after we hit our tee shots we were asked to let a threesome play through. It took them a good 15-20 minutes to play through. I’ve always wanted to play this course, my home course is Shining Rock in Northbridge MA. Overall a nice layout but not worth the 1hr. and 30 minute ride.

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/09/2019:

We appreciate your feedback from your experience at Crumpin-Fox.

"western MA golf must play"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2019

I have heard many great things about Crumpin Fox from several different area players. It absolutely did not disappoint. While about 1 hour drive from the Springfield MA area,, the course is actually quite easy to get to - right off 91N at Bernardston. The course layout and conditioning was outstanding. The driving areas were quite generous - but a very (I mean VERY) demanding 2nd shot golf-course. Some course knowledge is helpful - particularly on the back 9. For middle- and higher handicappers, I strongly suggest the gold tees. The course rating from the blues (6500 yds) is a strong 72.3. Overall a delightful experience, and I definitely plan to come back.

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 07/09/2019:

Thank you for sharing your experience from your first trip out to visit us at Crumpin-Fox! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you back out for another round!

"Crump with my son"

ReadSmith's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2019

First time my son ever played here. He soon discovered how challenging the course can be. Everything was good, conditions, people weather. The only thing the club can do better is put a ranger out there just to keep pace moving

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 06/25/2019:

Thank you for sharing your experience, ReadSmith! We're happy to hear you chose Crumpin-Fox as the course to share your love of golf with your son, and we appreciate your feedback!

"A BEAUTIFUL DAY SPOILED"

Irex482's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/19/2019
Walked Perfect weather

Based on ratings, reviews and word-of-mouth, our foursome expected an exceptional round of golf on a beautiful course. However, many factors ruined an otherwise beautiful, sunny day.

10th HOLE: This was our biggest issue. When we checked in with the starter he stated that the par four 10th hole was closed due to irrigation repairs so we were to skip 10 and go directly to 11. There were no signs on the 10th directing us so we stayed on the cart path until it ended then tried to cross the fairway to get to the 11th hole cart path, but the cart’s GPS would not allow fairway access. It just shut down. We asked a nearby repair crewmen what to do and he said “they were supposed to shut the GPS off.” They didn’t. Anyway, we actually had to back-up across the whole fairway, at a creep, until we reached the 11th hole cart path. It cost us 10 minutes not to play this hole. I feel that the group in front of us had similar problems and this is where a backup started. I firmly believe it is incumbent on any golf course that they notify you, when you make a reservation, that a portion of the course is closed. Had we known this we might not have driven 90 minutes to play that day.

TREE REMOVAL: From the moment we drove into the course parking lot we noticed something wrong. There were trees down everywhere. It looked like a tornado came through. Per an employee, the course hired a tree removal service this spring who would harvest the good trees and remove the dead, diseased, and unwanted trees. He said that thousands of trees were already removed. However, it appeared to be a haphazard clear-cut. While some trees along the fairways and parking lot were removed, tree stumps were all over the chewed up woods, partial trees still stood, large branches and ground cover were everywhere and wide swatches of trees were removed far back into the forest. It was ugly and I hope the tree removal company cleans up their mess. Had we been notified upon making our reservation we would not have driven 1.5 hours (one-way) to what we heard was once a beautiful course set into the deep woods. Otherwise, the course was in excellent condition and is quite scenic, however the mass cutting of trees along the fairway perimeters was not a pretty sight.

SLOW PLAY: We should have known we were in for a bad day when the starter informed us that we had an outing of 3 foursomes in front of us, so he delayed our start by 15 minutes to give them a head start. It didn’t help. By the back nine we were waiting 5-10 minutes at each tee for the slow group to get out of range or to leave the green. No ranger was ever seen so we ended up playing a 5 hour round (for 17 holes…see below) that should have been 4 max.

PUTTING GREENS: The course has two and both were being used for youth lessons. Glad to see young kids taking up golf, but no putting/chipping practice for us this time. They could have let us know or posted a sign.

CART PROBLEM: Things started to go bad on the first hole where my cart jerked, sputtered and ran slow when I was halfway to the green. I had to go back, very slowly, for another cart, which was fine.

CARTS: All the carts are GPS equipped and provide distance info as well as regulating where the carts can be driven on each hole. Due to rain the day before, we were restricted to cart path only, edge of fairway or full fairway depending on the hole. Sometimes the carts worked, as allowed on a hole, while on others we got us stuck and had to back out very slowly in reverse.

Anyway, it was a good day spoiled. We’ll be back, but defiantly not this year.

RGF63741B7A0F7A6426's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2019

I've played here many times over the years. The management has done a remarkable job maintaining and upgrading the course. The staff has always been friendly and courteous. I bring friends up from Ct. every year and they enjoy the course very much.

Response from #CrumpinFoxClub on 05/29/2019:

We're happy to see you back again this year! Thank you for rating Crumpin-Fox 5-stars!

"Perfect afternoon round of golf"

None's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2019

Best conditioned course I've played this year, and only going to get better with all the tree work going on at the course. Pace of play was unreal- 18 holes in 3 hours and wasn't rushing. Amazing course.

Response from #CrumpinFoxClub on 05/24/2019:

We're very happy to hear that your last round was nothing short of perfect, James! Thank you for coming back to play us again this season, and we hope you'll be back out for another great one again soon!

"Tremendous"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2019

One of the nicest courses i have ever played. Tap the cart GPS map and it will calculate distance to the spot (and then the distance from that spot the hole).

Response from #CrumpinFoxClub on 05/24/2019:

Thank you for your tremendous compliment! We're happy to hear you enjoyed another great round at Crumpin-Fox and took advantage of our cart GPS technology to enhance your round!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2019

Response from #CrumpinFoxClub on 05/20/2019:

Thank you for rating another great round at Crumpin-Fox 5-stars!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2019

Response from #CrumpinFoxClub on 05/20/2019:

Thank you for your 5-star review! We're glad you enjoyed another great round at Crumpin-Fox and will be back for another scenic round again soon!

"Always a good experience"

YxDDSGwq4tFWQZIj57JM's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2019

Played Crump with the Safari club last week. The pro and other staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The course is a tough challenge each time I play it, but worth the experience. Carts on the paths only, makes it even more challenging, but not the course's fault. They are cutting down lots of trees everywhere, at times distracting, but I like that they are constantly making improvements.

Response from #CrumpinFoxClub on 05/24/2019:

Thank you for reviewing your last experience! We're glad your group enjoyed their round and appreciate your feedback on the improvements being made! We hope you'll be back again soon to see what's been changed!

"Golfnow blunder"

Nadkins05's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2019

Golfnow/course really screwed the pooch. Drove an hr for a nice hot deal price only to find front 9 closed for aeration and only back 9 open. Those had been punched almost two weeks before but still arent close to being back to Crump greens. Neither were mentioned on golfnow as had they I wouldn't have made the drive to play 9 holes twice.