Crumpin-Fox Club

Caddies: No

Practice bunker: Yes
Indoor practice facilities: Yes
Simulator: Yes

Dress code: Proper attire is required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers a bucket list/top 100 pick entertaining clients   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining amazing food

"Tremendous"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2019

One of the nicest courses i have ever played. Tap the cart GPS map and it will calculate distance to the spot (and then the distance from that spot the hole).

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2019

Response from #CrumpinFoxClub on 05/20/2019:

Thank you for rating another great round at Crumpin-Fox 5-stars!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2019

Response from #CrumpinFoxClub on 05/20/2019:

Thank you for your 5-star review! We're glad you enjoyed another great round at Crumpin-Fox and will be back for another scenic round again soon!

"Always a good experience"

YxDDSGwq4tFWQZIj57JM's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2019

Played Crump with the Safari club last week. The pro and other staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The course is a tough challenge each time I play it, but worth the experience. Carts on the paths only, makes it even more challenging, but not the course's fault. They are cutting down lots of trees everywhere, at times distracting, but I like that they are constantly making improvements.

"Golfnow blunder"

Nadkins05's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2019

Golfnow/course really screwed the pooch. Drove an hr for a nice hot deal price only to find front 9 closed for aeration and only back 9 open. Those had been punched almost two weeks before but still arent close to being back to Crump greens. Neither were mentioned on golfnow as had they I wouldn't have made the drive to play 9 holes twice.

"Gem of "Course""

tdenton's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2019

Although we have had record rain during the past month the course played pretty wet and the greens are still healing from being punched a week and half ago. However this is the sweetest course in Western Mass. The fairways are like carpets and when the greens are at their best it's like playing on a PGA course. The track is spectacular and the scenery is lit. This course is a true gem and if I lived closer, I would definately be a member. The staff is friendly and the new GM is making sure that the whole operation is running top notch and smoothly. This golf course should be experienced by all who have a passion for the game.

Response from #CrumpinFoxClub on 05/07/2019:

Thank you for all of your feedback on your last visit to Crumpin-Fox, tdenton! We're happy to hear how much you enjoy playing our course and appreciate your compliments of our staff! We look forward to seeing you when you can make the trip out to us throughout the 2019 season!

"Amazing staff, Well maintained, beautiful views and a bang for your buck"

timmywholey's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/23/2018

Myself and a friend played on Tuesday 10/24. The course was in immaculate condition. Before we could even get to enjoy the course we were greeted by one of the most friendly down to earth guys, Mike. Mike handled the starting duties and greeted us on a chilly morning in the parking lot with a smile. He had become a friend to us and it didn’t take long.

The condition of the course is second to none and the pace of play was great. To round out the day with a bite to eat at Zeke’s with a fire in the fireplace you can’t beat it.

Take the time to play here ASAP!!!!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2018

A very enjoyable experieince. Beautiful course cut out of the woods. A very fair course. You have to think your way throug, and be pretty accurate with your shots. We played through a foursome that was spraying the ball, but they seemed to be having fun as well. I play at 30 or 40 courses a year, and the carts have the most comfortable seats ever. Finally the staff is friendly and helpful.

"Not up to PAR"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/28/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Usually this course is one of my favorites but last week was an exception. Course was wet (had to use cart path only) and was not in its usual good condition.

We had called previous to our departure because of our 1:45 hr drive. We were told the course was in great shape and confirmed the price of golf to the email we'd received early that week. When we arrived the pro shop would not honor that price and insisted the course was in excellent condition. When we were advised of the cart path only rule it should of sent off red flags but we didn't question it at the time.

Well course was wet and muddy and, the greens had not been cut for several days. It was a hot humid day in the mid-upper 90's and there was no cart service on the course. Traps were in need of grooming.

The golf carts with GPS were programmed to NOTallow you to drive the fairways (which was ok because it was cart path only); however, they would occasionally STOP in the middle of the paved cart paths for no known reason and require you to back up 20-50 yds at 1 mph in order to go forward again. This happened on about every other hole, sometimes twice a hole (even though you were in the middle of paved cart paths!). We mentioned this to the pro shop and their reaction was...yes, other people have had the same problems so there must be a problem with the GPS system. Ya think!

You'd think the pro would give us a discount or at least the lower price indicated in the previous email....but NO!

Response from Crumpin-Fox Club on 09/06/2018:

Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Crumpin-Fox Club. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Bernardston area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

"Challenging play"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/28/2018

Beautiful course, in great shape. Looking forward to playing the course again!

"Great place"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/24/2018

The only issues was course was pretty soaked, which has nothing to do with Crumpin Fox. It's been raining alot this month, so really no roll on your drives mostly plugged balls....after a few days of nice weather the fairways will be rocking. Always great to golf at the Crump.

"Tremendous"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2018

Absolutely top notch. Course, carts, range, staff. This place is as good as it gets.

japco's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2018
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

"Great value"

abecker59's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2018

Course was in excellent condition Staff was very friendly. It was 90 degrees even though there was not much play the beverage cart was out. Please turn of cold water in the coolers

tolejarz's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/14/2018

"Pure"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Such a pure track. Always a pleasure. The back 9 especially holes 14-15-16 are stunning- playing them at "the golden hour" was awesome. New amenities in the clubhouse/bar/deck were great to see. Must play course in New England.

"worth the ride"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2018

hadn't played here in a few years. from the time you pull into the parking lot you get the feel of a resort (employee came out to our car to load up our clubs) pro shop staff was friendly and genuine. cart had gps, usb port and cooler. course was in great shape with the bunkers well maintained. fairways and tee boxes were also clean and greens were challenging but rolled true. appeared that most ball marks were repaired, which to me shows the integrity of the people playing there. while it was an hour and a half drive, it was well worth the trip. while we did not get anything at the outdoor patio by the 10th tee, it did appear nice with a covered deck and flatscreens. also, our rate included range balls. the carts also appeared new and well maintained. so overall, you can't miss playing here.

Donny45's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2018

Course conditions were excellent , high degree of difficulty . Be prepared to add several strokes to your average score. Not walker friendly due to hilly terrain and distance from green to next tee. Beautiful course !

"An All-Around All-Star Golf Course"

Back9Ben's avatar
Virginia Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/21/2018

Whatever your priorities are in a golf course and golfing experience, Crumpin-Fox GC has got you covered. From immaculate conditions to fast play, great food and a friendly and attentive staff, there’s very little this club doesn’t excel at.

You wouldn’t know this area hasn’t had much rain the past several months as the course was green and lush with exceptional playing conditions. Fairways were smooth and trim, putts rolled pure and fast on the small-but-forgiving greens. Bunkers were well looked after and the tee boxes were as good as any I’ve tee’d up from.

The Robert Trent Jones Sr layout is very good, with mostly medium-to-long holes but some risk-reward strategy can be employed on a few of the doglegs. I’m not a golf design nerd but many who are seem to like it here. Watchout for bunkers and some small creeks/hazards in front of greens. Number 8 is among the more beautiful, true par-5s I’ve played and I was very satisfied to birdie it!

The GPS-enabled carts come in handy but (and I’ll say this to every course that has them) I really could do without the GPS-powered/governed cart function that cuts power if it thinks you’re doing something wrong. Those things are never 100% accurate and can really take away from an otherwise pleasant experience. Despite having GPS and comfy seats, I’ll pass on the power carts and walk when I play here again.

I had a early morning tee time but there were already a few walkers ahead of me. Even in a powered cart I didn’t have to wait long on the folks in front of me. This course seems pretty walkable, especially for a place that otherwise has a resort-feel to it.

I got a GolfNow deal for a whopping $40 which is a total steal. I can’t overstate what a fantastic value this course can be with even a modest discount. I wish I had stayed to eat lunch because the smells coming from the grill were pretty epic.

This course is highly rated for a reason, it’s why I chose to make it my first course played in Mass and it did not disappoint in the least!

"More user friendly for woman"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2018

This has always been a challenging course. It is long for women, and there is lots of water to cross. They just added new women’ tees, so it is much nicer for shorter hitters.

Always appreciate the quick greens, and nice fairway conditions.