Stow South at Stow Acres Country Club

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Location is in the 'burbs

"Good pace, mediocre conditions"

Benedict1266's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/14/2019
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Back in the 90's Stow was the premier public course in central and eastern MA. The North course has some length and is fairly difficult. The 1st and 18th holes are over 550 yards, and a few of the par 3's play around 200+ yards. The tees and fairways were decent, but the greens were bumpy and very slow. The pace was very good at under 4 hours on a Sunday afternoon at 12:54, but I suspect the conditions have something to do with that. On a side note, I tried to order a couple hot dogs before my round, and it took forever to just order the hot dogs. The girl behind the counter was pretty clueless, and also forgot my soda that I ordered with my dogs.

"Love both tracks"

5uOnyKHZuSXuMYLRvSfz's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2019

I played the north course on Tuesday and the South course on Wednesday and was extremely pleased with both tracks. The grounds crew has done an amazing job with both 18 hole courses. I personally like the South course a little more but you can’t go wrong with either course.

"Great track terrible conditions"

rlazzaro60's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2019

This was one of the finest public courses in the state at one time.

The last 2 owners totally let it go and looks like these owners are worse!!

Commented on 07/12/2019

Hello rlazzaro60. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make the necessary changes before your next round with us. Thanks for visiting us!

"Best Deal Around"

5uOnyKHZuSXuMYLRvSfz's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2019

The golf course was in great shape. The new ownership has done wonders to turn the course around. The price was amazing. I played at 9 am and payed $60 for 18 with a cart. Definitely the best value I’ve found this year. I will definitely be playing Stow Acres a lot more this year.

John3837402's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2019

"Nice layout, mediocre conditions, poor service"

jwBoston's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2019

I hate to be sour about a hometown course, but Stow Acres is continuing to show a downward trend in quality, value, and service.

I've been playing Stow Acres at least twice a year since the early 2000's, preferring the North course for its more challenging layout. Sadly, North was devastated by disease/mismanagement/both in the last couple of years, so we gave South a try with an early morning tee time.

We were thrilled when the ranger said it'll be wide open for us as a 2some teed off 10 minutes prior. We played without any delay from ahead of us nor any pressure from the meandering 4some with a boombox behind us. Bizarrely, the management found it appropriate to send the ranger who sheepishly told us to pick up the pace of play because "the office says there were 2 holes open in front of you." Despite reminding them there wasn't anyone before us when we started, we were visited 2 more times by a manger who told us in an even less nice of a way to hurry up because "there were open holes ahead." Our front 9 pace: 2 hours 5 minutes. Back 9 pace: 1 hour 50 minutes. Unreal attitude.

To boot, the tee boxes were in abysmal condition and we never saw a drink cart.

Pros: finished an early morning Saturday round in just under 4 hours.

Cons: just about everything else.

Commented on 07/01/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next round. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Stow Acres. We hope to see you again soon.

"Stay Away"

mikesmith14's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2019

Stay away from the South Course. It took 5 hours to play 18 holes but 2.3/4 for the front nine. Some golfers quit after nine so it sped up. The course has a lot of blind shot and the course was not if great shape. The rough was very thick and the fairway was like light rough. They need to space the tee times but they are all about the great dollar. We had two groups waiting on four of the nine front holes. Glad it was nice out.

Course Layout: Poor

Commented on 06/26/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing Stow North at Stow Acres Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

"Average, over priced course with a nice clubhouse"

calmitchell617's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2019

I played there with my dad for Father’s Day 2019. I heard the north course was really good, and figured it would be a treat for my dad.

Instead, the course was in poor condition. The greens were slow and bumpy from being covered in stuff from the trees overhead. The fairways were OK, but nothing special. There were lots of bare patches in the rough.

The clubhouse / restaurant was pretty good, and the staff was friendly. I won’t pay the price to play there again unless they improve the course’s conditions.

Commented on 06/24/2019

Hi, Cal. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are glad to see you rated the rest of your visit to be great during your time here. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Stow North at Stow Acres Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

"Was a great course"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2019

Tees are horrible, greens fair, but not enough people fix ball marks. We tee off at 8, took 5 hours, many trees need to be cut as the interfere wit tree shots

Commented on 06/11/2019

Hi phcasey. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Stow North at Stow Acres Country Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Steve3289514's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2019

Commented on 06/11/2019

Hello, Steve. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

"Why not rake the mowed grass?"

hlukejr's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2019

Course was in good shape but I lost several balls because they were too lazy to rake up the mowed grass! Not a hard thing to do? They left several holes with piles of grass in the middle of the fairways? Stupid and lazy crew!

jadel712's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2019

Commented on 06/03/2019

Hello, Jadel. Thank you for taking the time to review Stow Acres Country Club. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

"Miserable Conditions and Sloooooooow!!"

JoshBlack417's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2019

Green were absolutely atrocious. Half dead and other half shag carpet. Leaves and debris all over greens. No water on course. 5.5 hour round, no Marshall’s to keep things going. Play somewhere else until they get their act together.

Commented on 06/03/2019

Hi Josh, thank you for reviewing Stow Acres Country Golf Club. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing, we hope to see you again soon.

"Disappointing g"

JoshBlack417's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2019

I have played the North course at Stow acres approximately 15 years ago and had remembered it as a beautiful, well-maintained track. I played it again yesterday with my son on memorial day and was sorely disappointed. The greens were absolutely awful, with large areas of damage and disease. They were also covered with leaves and debris… The staff had not even bothered to blow the greens. Also, they looked like they hadn’t been cut in 10 days or more. The pace of play was abysmal… It took Us over five hours to play the round, and we only saw one Marshall the whole time. I would definitely not recommend this course to anyone.

Commented on 05/29/2019

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Stow Acres Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2019
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

first time playing there played north coarse, conditions were good, greens a little slow looks like they were punched in the last few weeks will definately go back and play the other coarse

ncarpenito's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2019

"Fun Round"

Searsgolfer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2019

Monday round on the South riding single, quick twosome walking ahead and another single rider behind me, another enjoyable round. Nice senior rate weekdays. Course is in decent shape. Good place to get a bite and beer after. Watch out for the watersnake by the ninth green.

"Just ok"

Searsgolfer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/14/2019

Fairways, rough and traps were in good shape on Stow North today. Greens are very inconsistent, some had been lightly aerated, lots of ball marks and small bare spots, one had grain but most are pure luck especially if sprinkled with those little tiny pine things. Challenging layout, not a lot of elevation change but twisty and tightly wooded. We will be back, its gradually getting better. Nice pro shop and clubhouse menu. Chipping and putting greens at clubhouse, driving range is up the road a few hundred yards.

"Not What It Was"

gfkr2's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2019

The course has always had the reputation as having the best conditions in Metrowest, but conditions have deteriorated greatly at this once mighty layout. I would describe conditions as shabby with both bare and overgrown tee boxes, bare spots in the fairways, poor condition cart paths like the and the lack of pristine conditions that I recall in the past.

Commented on 06/14/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Stow North at Stow Acres Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

"Great course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/26/2018

Played stow acres north course.

Course is in great shape.

I would definitely recommend stow acres to others.