Idyl Wyld Municipal Golf Course

Golf Season: April 1 - November 15

Driving range: No
Practice hole: No
Simulator: No

Dress code: Proper attire is required.
Credit cards accepted: MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed

Silver 70 5022 yards 69.7 112

Location is convenient to the city   Great for locals beginners 9-hole rounds   Challenges include bunkers water hazards

"Golfer Friendly Course"

Diddlysquat's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2018

This is a great course for beginning and intermediate players.

Response from Idyl Wyld Municipal Golf Course on 09/05/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2019

makomiho3160's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2019

"Played well. Course was so average."

ccgrad99's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2019

The course is not that well maintained. There wasn’t even a pro shop, you payed inside a trailer. There was no place to buy food, there weren’t even water jugs on the course. A few tee boxes are in really rough shape, and there was a hole under construction. The pin was in the middle of the fairway. It’s the only course in Livonia that does not have GPS in the carts. The price to play the course is very reasonable, but I guess you get what you pay for. Not a very long course either. I enjoyed the day, cause I shot really well, but the course itself is rather crummy.

Commented on 07/05/2019

Hello ccgrad99. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

"Very dry"

RyanEmery18's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/01/2019

Only time I’ve ever played here. We haven’t had much rain lately after a getting way too much. The course is dry and hard. Not sure if they have sprinklers or not. If they do then not sure why they haven’t used them recently, most of the greens were extremely fast and rock hard. Many good shots that just kept going right off the green. May try course agin if i find another good hot deal. But i would have to be after we get a few days of rain!

Commented on 07/05/2019

Hello, Ryan. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

"IDYL WYLD AFTER UNDER WET CONDITIONS"

captroer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/29/2019
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

THE COURSE WAS CUT AS WELL AS COULD BE EXPECTED UNDER THE WET CONDITIONS. WE WERE CARTPATH ONLY SO PLAY WAS SLOW AND LABORIOUS, NO FAULT OF MANAGEMENT. NORMALLY THE COURSE IS WELL KEPT AND CHALLENGING DESPITE THE SHORT YARDAGE.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2019

Commented on 06/24/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Idyl Wyld Country Club another try in the near future.

"Get rid of cut grass"

dverabur's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2019

There was so much cut grass laying in piles, your ball would be barely off the fairway and you could not find it.

Commented on 06/14/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Idyl Wyld Municipal Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

"Hot garbage"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2019

Couldn't tell the difference between rough and fairway. Seemingly hadn't cut the grass in weeks and there were giant clumps from when they did. An entire green is under construction, shortens the hole by over a hundred yards. No signage, no warning from the pro shop.

Teed off 30 minutes late due to double booking tee times, which were already stacked.

Several issued were raised to staff. Various responses included "well we got your money" to "it's your job".

Fool me once...

Commented on 06/14/2019

Hello, thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. We always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing Idyl Wyld Municipal Golf Course.

"Average course"

Alphagolf17's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2019

Management of tee time was below average causing our time to be pushed back by 30 minutes mainly due to the cart path only rule. Pace of play was very slow due to cart path only rule.

"Booking Issue"

David7606512's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2019

After pulling up to the course and seeing 6+ carts in line to tee off on the first hole, I knew it was going to be quite backed up. They advised me that they had a system issue and everything was double booked, but no resolution was offered. I need off almost 30 minutes after my tee time and it was packed the entire day. Grass was not cut well; It was very choppy.

Commented on 06/11/2019

Hi, David. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and value to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Idyl Wyld Municipal Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Rome86's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2019

Commented on 05/30/2019

Thank you for the 4 stars! We hope to have you back soon.

BA1078's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2019

markis215's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2019
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

course was too wet for them to cut the fairways so they were in horrible condition and took forever to find the ball in the taller grass. Really disappointed to see they changed out hole 12 to flatten out the green. This course is already short and easy enough, that was one of the challenging holes we all looked forward to. Poor choice.

Commented on 05/29/2019

Hello, thank you for reviewing Idyl Wyld Country Club. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. With the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comments, including hole 12, for guidance. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

"idyl wyld after rain"

captroer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2019
Used cart Wet weather

AS USUAL, THE STAFF WAS EXTREMELY COURTEOUS. THE COURSE PLAYS SURPRISINGLY MORE DIFFICULT THAN ONE WOULD PERCEIVE FROM THE DISTANCES ON THE CARD.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2019

Commented on 05/13/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Idyl Wyld Country Club. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

"Still under repair"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2019

Holes 12 and 13 have been under repair for a decade. Hope it gets done soon.

Commented on 04/23/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Idyl Wyld Country Club. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years but are very sorry to hear that your past experience with us may have was poor. We greatly value your feedback and will use it to work towards making the necessary improvements to the course and your overall experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing our course, we hope to see you again soon.

"Great course"

mistamotown's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2019

Great course my only complaint is they have a cart path only rule and I was told it’s a year round thing

"Mismanagement"

KCC21885's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2019

Tee time at 10:16, we don't tee off until 10:45. At 10:30 we asked the manager if we can do the back 9 first because a large outing was before us. The back 9 was wide open. We were told no that one we did the turn we would have to wait anyway. Yes but not for 7+ groups playing very slowly. We made the turn at 2:40. A 4 hour round of 9. Multiple groups of 6 were seen but the rangers didn't seem like they wanted to do anything about it or the slow play. Hole 14 I think is a 300+ par 4 according to all signage and the scorecard. Instead it's a short par 3 in there middle of what is normally the fairway with the green not mowed at all. I understand courses need to be maintained but why no sign? I've played this course before and my family nor I will ever again. We aren't snooty people, heck we aren't even good. We just wanted to spend a fun day of golf together but not for almost 7 hours.

Commented on 06/24/2019

Hello, KCC21885. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Idyl Wyld Municipal Golf Course.

"Idyl Wyld is a great value."

PMkqFiEl6pA1C7CSKMbG's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2018
Previously played Walked Perfect weather

I play at Idyl Wyld on a regular basis and also host my annual golf outing there. The course is in excellent condition and is very beautiful. The pace of play is usually pretty good. (Except when the local high school team is practicing) The staff is friendly and Jason is an excellent Pro and teacher. The Pro Shop is small but they are well stocked with the necessities and One Under Bar and Grill provide great food and excellent service as well as outstanding accommodations for golf outings. I give it FIVE STARS!

"Short course"

fbaird58's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2018

Okay course but the pace of play was pretty bad you had to wait on every t- box, made me feel like the course over booked. It's also a shorter course.

Response from Idyl Wyld Municipal Golf Course on 09/25/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Idyl Wyld Municipal Golf Course, in the Wayne County area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.