Beckett Golf Club

Tees

Blue 71 6025 yards N/A N/A
White 71 5804 yards N/A N/A
Red 71 5372 yards N/A N/A

Location is in the 'burbs   Great for locals beginners seniors   Challenges include thick rough elevation changes

"Anthony Schindell"

Ads278's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/06/2018

7:50 tee time. Young man in the pro shop was very nice. No one in front of us all day. Course layout is better now that they went to 18. But still has a few weak holes. Not challenging at all. Tee boxes weren’t terrible but far from good. Greens are about as bad as they come. Really too poor for a course to allow. Mud and mower tracks have no place where you putt. They should consider closing and rebuilding most of the greens from scratch

"Sucked, half the course was closed."

Thomaskaminski's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/04/2018

Somebody needs to know that the course was under repair. No notification, only 9 holes open. And, no discount for showing up and not notifying anybody. Wound up going to another course.Will never go back there again. Course is a dump and should be shut down. You shouldn't even offer it on your website.

Course Layout: Poor

"The grounds keeper quit???"

Tommyjc3's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2018

Poor course not maintained. The fairway was like the rough at any other course. The club house is falling apart. You’re better off just going to a driving range.

"Good course."

over50now's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/19/2018

The fairways are a little thicker grass than others. Greens are OK.

Response from Beckett Golf Club on 09/24/2018:

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Beckett Golf Club!

"Not worth it at any price right now"

teecee77's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2018

Played in perfect weather this morning. More players out there than usual, but pace was good. The course itself is poorly maintained. The grass on the fairways was too long, if there was grass there at all. The rough is too high... played three rounds at other courses with the same ball prior to today... lost 6 balls on shots that just missed the fairway because of the awful rough. Tee boxes are overgrown and full of crab grass. Greens are inconsistent and just plain beat up. Since going from 27 to 18, the reconfiguration of the holes is confusing and the signage and pathways are poor. I hate writing this review because I've played here for over 20 years and holes themselves are a solid challenge without being difficult, but the course conditions render this course unplayable. You're better off hitting one of the many other courses in the area, even if it means spending a few more bucks. Come on, Beckett, figure it out, this course has great potential!!

perkins2002's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

After three days of record breaking rain, getting soaked by the unnecessary sprinklers on the first three spongy non-descript holes while losing balls in the rough-length middle of the fairway was no value at any price. Greens were in almost as bad shape as the rest of the course which was predominately extra long crabgrass. I am usually willing to overlook most shortcomings when I get a good deal but after guessing wrong about the next hole after 10 (no signage) and accidentally skipping 5 holes, I felt fortunate I ended up near the parking lot and never looked back. This is the first negative review I have ever left on Golf Now and I only leave it so that fellow Golf Now bargain hunters know where the cutoff lies between a good value and an unplayable, untended mess.

"Well... it was cheap"

Timothy1319775's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2018

Went out to this course on a gorgeous Sunday. I booked it because it was the cheapest morning time we could find. I'd recommend 20 for a round at primetime but not the 35 we paid. The fairways are like roughs if there is any grass on them at all. Confusing course layout without much direction of which way to go, and a almost nonexistent cart path. Greens were ok at times, but many characterized with large bare mud spots. Overall couldn't really recommend it unless you really need to golf and there's a considerable savings over literally any other course

"It’s a dump !"

Chris7329157's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/12/2018

Don’t play this course, especially for the $29 highway robbery price. I think around $9 would’ve made the course a little more acceptable for what you got out there. There were no fairways at all - we saw a mower on one fairway that looked like or was broken down and hadn’t been used in weeks. Greens and tee boxes were worse. Save your money and time, please !!

Response from Beckett Golf Club on 08/15/2018:

Hi Chris, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear your experience with us was anything short of 5-stars. We appreciate you giving us a shot!

"..."

coursecritique's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I have been playing Beckett Golf Club for many years now, and although it has never been great, the conditioning of the course has gone down further and further each year. Maybe it has something to do with the course being for sale, but I think the owners have just given up. I would never recommend anybody spending their money to play this course. The rough is weeds, the fairways are crabgrass, the greens are just as bad, and the pro-shop has a hole in the ceiling. I'd love to give the course more love, because the layout of the course is pretty good.

Beckett could be great, but whomever is responsible for upkeep needs to rethink how much money the course is getting, because that is what the people are here for after all.

Response from Beckett Country Club on 08/14/2018:

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear the conditions of the course weren't up to par during your round. We appreciate you giving us a shot! Thanks for playing.

"Average at best"

BruceKauffman's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2018

Overall condition of the course was poor. Layout is good and greens were average but puttable.

Response from Beckett Golf Club on 07/30/2018:

Hi BruceKauffman, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and are sorry to hear it was anything short of 5-stars. We hope this doesn't deter from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing #BeckettGolfClub.

"Local course with great discount"

JFALLS1125's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2018

I enjoy the morning discount to play this course. The pace of play was outstanding .

Response from Beckett Golf Club on 07/30/2018:

Hello, thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing #BeckettGolfClub!

"Looks like an abandoned course"

Kevin1772069's avatar
Age:  Under 25

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2018

The course is absolutely terrible. Looks like it’s been abandoned for years, can’t tell where the fairways start or end, greens are as bumpy as the moon. Don’t let the low price fool you. Course is garbage.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Beckett Country Club on 07/17/2018:

Thank you for your honest review, as we continue to work on the outcome of the course conditions we hope that you will give us another try in the near future.

"Very poor course"

taryan554's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/14/2018

Pace of play and price were a plus, but the course is a pit. Won’t be playing there again.

Response from Beckett Country Club on 07/17/2018:

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We are currently working on many maintenance issues at the course. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again once we have updated the course conditions.

"If you're picky you won't like it. But $20 cheaper than everywhere else"

tfonz12's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Not great but not horrible. Worst part of the day was that the rough was extremely high. On every hole, balls maybe 1 or 2 feet off of the fairway could be lost forever, and many were. That got old quick. Went at 7 am, had a slow group of 4 in front of me and a buddy. After the first whole we played through them and were smooth sailing from then on.

Hole design wasn't bad. Had some decent fun to it. Nothing overly difficult. Good beginner course. Scored my best round of the year so far. (96. My second year playing). You get what you pay for. $38 bucks in the middle of the summer is a good deal.

Just go have fun and bring lots of beer. Oh and bring deep woods off, you'll probably need is trudging through the rough.

Response from Beckett Country Club on 07/10/2018:

Thank you for your honest review, we appreciate you coming out to see us. Hitting it in the fairway is key, but we will take a closer look at our rough and see if we can do anything about the length. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again in the near future.

"Worth the money"

kerriann10's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2018

Course a little dry but not bad for the heat wave we are having. Rough was a little high. Lost balls that we saw where it landed. Definitely worth money. Would play again.

Response from Beckett Country Club on 07/10/2018:

Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions, especially with the hot weather we have received. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

TMUPREF's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

i booked knowing it was going to be overcast with a chance of showers. the lady at the counter could not have been more pleasant. The course moved along at a nice pace, very little waiting between holes. The course was in very good shape considering all the rain we have been getting only trouble was the rough had a great deal of brown clippings on top making it hard to find a shot that just rolled off the fairway, otherwise was in nice shape. I would play again and recommend anyone to play and enjoy the course. Hope this helps.

Response from Beckett Country Club on 06/15/2018:

Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions, especially after the weather we have received. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"Wow how bad can it get!"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2018

From the moment you get there you realize how little money is being reinvested in the course. This course needs to shut down if they can't afford to do basic maintenance. Sad state for a once nice course.

Response from Beckett Country Club on 05/31/2018:

"at least we beat the shore traffic"

Brothermike's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2018

Where to play on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend? Can't play anywhere in Pa. can't play in Delaware or Maryland, Can't go north in NJ nor east, I know we will go south but not too far south, we will go to Beckett. Man great choice I hardly seen another car on the road. As for the course it really looked good, really green from the parking lot. On closer inspection the grass was a little too high, lots of standing water also, ah the aroma now they did have mowers out there but I guess we just got too much rain lately. We spent a lot of time looking for our balls due to high grass and grass already cut laying on ground where the ball would roll under. Other then that Mrs Lincoln how'd you like the play? Greens were OK, Tee's were functional and the traps were yikes. I'll return to see if things get back to normal after a few weeks of sunshine. On my way home I listen to the traffic report and nothing was moving anywhere in the Delaware Valley except for me.

Response from Beckett Country Club on 05/29/2018:

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate you taking note of many of the changes that we have made at Beckett CC. Thank you for coming out and we hope that next time your overall star rating will increase based on this excellent review!

"Wet"

Jersey91's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2018

I’ll say one and only one positive thing the greens were in excellent shape! Very wet with extremely long rough and fairways. I’ll be back if we can get that great 15 buck round again

Response from Beckett Country Club on 05/29/2018:

Thank you for the honest review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions, especially after the weather we have received. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"Nice place and good value"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2018

My first time playing golf and decided to playthe back 9. I thought, in my opinion, it was quite good. 9 holes AND a cart for $19.... awesome. It's a public course, if the naysayers don't like the accommodations, go to s private course if you think you can afford it.

Response from Beckett Country Club on 05/14/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding the value of Beckett. Please come back and see us again soon.